To maintain the beauty and slimness of the figure, it is useful for every girl to know effective and easy-to-perform complexes of isometric exercises according to the Zass method. To strengthen the muscles of the body, it is not necessary to spend a day in the gym and lift heavy weights or barbells, because to create a beautiful figure, it is quite enough to perform isometric gymnastics. Thanks to this type of training, the muscle mass is strained to the maximum limit, while the duration of the complex itself takes much less time than performing dynamic power loads.
The system of isometric exercises makes it possible to develop body endurance, while simultaneously strengthening the muscles and giving them attractive shapes. It is these exercises that are used in yoga techniques and rehabilitation programs, and are also included in the complex of special training in the army.
Thanks to the use of isometric strength complexes, maximum muscle tension occurs without moving all parts of the body.
This system gained popularity in the last century and was often used to improve athletic performance. Due to the variety of exercises, it becomes possible to use almost any object and part of the body for training, which makes them different from other types of power loads.
For these exercises to be as effective as possible, you need to familiarize yourself with the principles of body isometric. It is thanks to this that it will be possible to independently draw up an effective training program for yourself.
Basis of isometric exercises
The main meaning of such exercises is that within a few seconds the muscles of the body expend maximum strength to resist or counteract some object. Consequently, isometry is characterized by the contraction of muscle tissue using only tension. Due to the dynamics and isotonia, muscles change their length during work. Therefore, this type of stress is called static.
Another feature of isometric exercises is that the muscles will not increase in the same way as when conducting dynamic workouts using barbells and dumbbells. At the same time, the muscles are strengthened without increasing the volume. At the heart of all complexes is the need to perform a movement that exceeds the possibilities. Consequently, all trainings carried out are static.
Benefits of isometric exercises
The positive qualities of this type of training include several aspects:
- There is a fairly rapid development of muscles. During the execution of the movements, no energy is consumed, while the muscles are supplied with the necessary amount of oxygen, the blood vessels are compressed. As a result, the cells begin to work much more intensively, but this does not waste energy.
- A certain muscle group is strengthened. With this technique, you can work out only certain muscle groups that are needed to obtain a sports body structure.
- Workouts don't take long. For a daily exercise, it will be enough to allocate only 30 minutes.
- Muscle fibers are effectively stretched without feeling tired. In a relatively short period of time for static muscle training, the body does not get tired as in a simple strength training that takes two hours, when there is a need for a full and long rest to strengthen them.
- Training frequency. It takes much less time to rest the muscles, so there is no need for long breaks and you can exercise every day.
- Muscles are maximized, but time is saved significantly. In isometric complexes, muscle tension lasts for several seconds, which are equal to hourly loads of isotonic training.
Types of isometric exercises
By the nature of the performance, isometric exercises are conditionally divided into several groups:
- Static positions - muscle strength counteracts overwhelming resistance.
- Burdening with stops - maximum muscle tension is created.
- Maximum possible muscle burden.
The main provisions of isometric exercises include standard presses, squats, deadlifts, and lifts. In terms of duration, the voltage is short or initial (no more than 6 seconds), medium (no more than 9 seconds), long (no more than 12 seconds). You can take breaks between approaches, but they should not exceed a few minutes, since this time is quite enough to restore the normal breathing rhythm.
A set of isometric exercises with a belt
This is a basic set of exercises designed specifically to build muscle mass:
- It has an effect on triceps, broad back muscles, deltoids. To perform the exercise, a belt is used, which is stretched in the bent elbow joints of the arms at chest level.
- To work out the triceps, the strap is stretched at the back of the head and behind the head.
- To increase the strength of the wide muscles of the back, the belt should be stretched over the head with straightened arms.
- To work out the triceps and biceps, a belt is taken, one end of which is directed downward in an outstretched hand and is combined with stretching the belt with the other hand. Then the exercise is performed in reverse.
- For the trapezius muscles, the legs are placed in the center of the belt, after which you need to pull the ends with your hands.
- To develop the biceps, the legs are placed in the center of the belt, the elbows are pressed against the body. Pull the ends of the belt with your hands.
- Stretching the belt is performed to work out the pectoral muscles, triceps and deltoids, as well as increase their strength. You need to place the belt behind your back, your arms are bent at the elbows, and it stretches at both ends.
- To increase the strength of the broad muscles of the back - on exhalation, the belt is wrapped around itself, while inhaling it must be stretched as much as possible.
This gymnastics is the basis of a large number of different complexes, designed specifically for the development and effective work of all muscles.
Features of performing static exercises
Before starting any workout, it is necessary to take into account the general rules so that the classes are most effective:
- On inspiration, static positions are performed.
- For each exercise, the number of approaches should not be more than 3 times.
- The total duration of the workout is no more than 20 minutes.
- Before the lesson, the muscles must be warmed up, which will help to avoid injury to the tendons (it is this type of injury that requires a long recovery), so you need to be extremely careful.
- The duration of each load should be 5 seconds for beginners, and 12 seconds for more experienced athletes.
- During training, an increase in pressure may occur, which is why when a headache appears, you need to stop exercising.
- For exercises according to the Zass method, a belt, a crossbar, a towel can be used, it is also possible to combine it with other sets of exercises, which increases the training efficiency several times.
- It is necessary to gradually increase the effort of the muscles until you reach your own maximum capacity.
Isometric exercises: complex for strengthening the muscles of the arms and back
Performing just a few simple exercises regularly will strengthen your pecs, triceps, abs, including your mid and lower back:
- To work out the extensor dorsal muscle, you need to lean against the wall, while the legs are slightly moved back. The support can only be touched by the buttocks and upper back. Then, with the points of contact, you need to try, as it were, to move the wall away.
- To strengthen the broad dorsal muscles, you need to lean against the wall, the legs are at a short distance from this support. The arms are bent in the elbow joints, after which you need to try to push the wall aside.
- Bridge - you need to lower yourself on your side, the elbow is located under the shoulder (it will act as a support). It is necessary to linger in this position. The same situation is repeated for the other side.
- Plank on the elbows - you need to lower yourself on your elbows and take a push-up position, with your feet you need to step back about 30 cm. Now you need to stay in this position for the maximum possible time.
- You need to take a classic push-up position, it is important to focus on straightened arms, located slightly wider than the shoulders. The abdomen is pulled in, the legs are together, the back is straight (there should be no deflections) - while lowering the body, you need to linger in this position for a few seconds.
- Stabilization - you need to sit down, feet are on the floor, legs are bent at the knees. The back is straight, the body leans back slightly - in this position you need to linger for a few seconds.
Isometric exercises for women at home
A special program has been developed taking into account the principle of compulsory training for ballerinas and helps to create muscle sculpting.
- you need to stand with your face to the support, palms are shoulder-width apart and at chest level, legs together;
- you need to rise on your toes;
- arms bend at the elbows until a right angle is formed;
- then you need to return to the starting position.
- stand up and rest one side of your body on the back of a chair (you can use a table);
- lift your leg at a right angle and slowly lower it back;
- without lowering your legs, make circular movements in both directions;
- do the same exercises for the other leg.
- stand up and lean on the back of a chair, turn your feet outward;
- sit down a little;
- for a minute, lower and raise the body, while the knees should look in different directions;
- during the next minute, the exercise is performed at an accelerated pace;
- the body is fixed in a sitting position;
- slowly rise on your toes and lower yourself - the exercise is repeated for a minute, then another minute, but at an accelerated pace.
Regular performance of simple isometric exercises allows you to quickly tone the body and get a beautiful muscle relief. In order to improve the result of the training, you should pay attention to your diet, excluding all fatty and high-calorie foods.
More about isometric exercises by A. Zass in the following video: