Every girl and man wants to dress not only stylishly and fashionably, but also to feel as comfortable as possible. And today it is possible, because the casual style is becoming more and more popular every day.
If, when composing your own fashionable images, you prefer convenience and practicality, then casual style will be the ideal option for you. Translated from English "casual" means "ordinary" or "everyday". But many people do not quite correctly interpret the concept of this style and believe that you can wear whatever comes first to your hand. Over time, the complete formation of this style took place, which today is very popular among different categories of people.
Casual style: history of appearance
The casual style not only attracts, but literally instantly fascinates people who prefer laconic and simple forms, a relaxed appearance, the absence of any pretentious and too complex elements in clothes. Today, this style is usually positioned as comfortable, everyday and practical, but at the very beginning of its existence it was considered one of the most extravagant and striking trends.
It is worth familiarizing yourself with the most important and basic historical moments of the formation of the casual style:
- In the 1950s, a special layer of young people - the Teddy boys - began to gain popularity in Britain. This category of young people was financially well-off and completely independent. They had the opportunity to purchase fashionable and expensive clothes, giving preference to skinny trousers, cardigans and elongated jackets.
- In the 1960s, a new youth group adopted fashionable and stylish dressing. This group was named Modos. The brightest and most famous representatives of this era were the members of the legendary musical group The Beatles. As a result, young people and fans began to actively imitate their idols, who wore long and narrow ties, fitted trousers and cropped jackets, and fashionable suits.
- In the 1970s, in the small Scottish town of Aberdeen, fans of the football club began to dress not in clothes with team symbols, but in stylish designer clothes. Real fashionistas and fanatics have followed their favorite team to fashion capitals.
- In the 1990s, the casual style began to take on sharper and more expressive outlines and was widely promoted by famous designers who represented it in their fashion collections. The founder of this style is the Italian fashion designer Nino Cerutti. Following him, other well-known fashion designers at that time began to use brevity and simplicity of images in their collections.
Advantages of the casual style
Casual is a modern style of clothing that has a lot of advantages and benefits in comparison with other fashion trends:
- Versatility… Casual clothes are really very versatile, because in such an outfit you can go for a walk around the city, or for a business meeting or interview.
- Individuality… The main concept of this style is the freedom to choose clothes, because there are no boundaries and clear frames. There is absolute freedom to show your own individuality through clothes, choosing the most comfortable combinations in clothes.
- Interchangeability… This is one of the most comfortable and comfortable styles of clothing, because things are ideally combined with each other. Therefore, now there is no need to spend hours picking things up and thinking about how to combine this or that thing correctly.The main advantage of the casual style is that all items of clothing complement each other perfectly.
- Not subject to changes in fashion… Clothes selected in the casual style always look interesting, fashionable and harmonious.
But there is also a serious drawback of this style, choosing an image, there is a risk of looking too bland and a little boring. Consider the fact that wearing comfortable jeans and a white T-shirt is not enough. It is very important to learn how to properly complement clothes with accessories and other elements. A casual wardrobe is really versatile and such things are ideal for an event with a strict dress code, and for visiting a cafe with friends or working out in the gym.
Features of the casual style
The main distinguishing features of this style of clothing are:
- Clothes prints are not too bright and familiar. For example, a classic cage or strip is often used. Also, clothes can be plain or with smooth color transitions.
- Harmonious and non-defiant color palette. Shades such as khaki, white, blue, gray and blue are ideally combined. True fans of this style of clothing have practically no restrictions when choosing a color palette. It is very important to adhere to the main rule - it is necessary to combine not too many shades at the same time.
- Clothes in this style are made only from natural materials that are pleasant to the touch. For example, it can be cotton, soft leather, wool, silk or linen.
- A casual look excludes ruffles, sequins, sequins and frills.
- One of the main distinguishing features of this style is the presence of a large number of accessories. The everyday look of a stylish girl is simply impossible to imagine without a beautiful shoulder bag, comfortable backpack, hat or scarf.
New trends in casual style
The casual style has one feature - it is often subject to various changes in the fashion world. Admirers of this trend have an excellent opportunity to combine high-quality and beautiful things, which are not only a reflection of the inner world, but also as close to them in spirit as possible.
There are several main trends that have been gaining popularity lately:
- Embroidery on clothes… Fashion designers present in their collections a wide variety of interesting embroideries on jeans, T-shirts and blouses.
- Stripe - trendy print… This pattern is not only simple enough, but also familiar to many, because it is often used in the casual style. There can be stripes of adjacent or contrasting colors.
- Lacing… This decor element looks stylish and harmonious on casual clothes. However, it is very important that the lacing does not look too provocative and vulgar.
- Use of leather… Natural and high-quality leather is used as one of the materials for certain elements of the wardrobe. This is one of the most practical and durable materials that simply could not help but be used in casual clothing. For example, it can be leather leggings, jackets, bags or boots.
Comfort and simplicity are one of the main criteria for casual shoes. It is worth giving preference to sneakers, ballet flats, espadrilles, stippens and loafers.
Fashionable looks for women in casual style
Thanks to the rapid development of fashion, every girl will be able to choose a comfortable casual look for herself. It is with the help of clothes that you can show your individuality and reveal your inner world.
Leather Jacket and Jeans looks
The combination of jeans and a leather jacket is considered to be classic, because such an image always looks fashionable, stylish and harmonious. You can opt for light-colored jeans with holes at the knees. To give the image a little tenderness and romance, it is worth complementing it with a light, light blouse with a V-neck.A stylish bracelet or a beautiful watch is ideal as accessories.
Cardigans, vests, long capes and skinny jeans
It's just the perfect look for an evening stroll on a cool summer evening. It is worth stopping the choice on clothes made from natural and pleasant to the touch fabrics. The classic combination of a white T-shirt with blue jeans can be diluted with a cape in a contrasting bright shade. This touch will give the image more personality and brightness.
Dress Shirt and Chinos looks
This is the perfect way to go to university, go shopping, walk with friends in the city or relax in nature. To create layering, it is worth choosing the right cardigan, a jacket or jacket of a shade adjacent to the shirt is ideal.
Every girl can safely combine a black leather jacket with tight trousers of the same shade. However, this look can look a little gloomy, so it's worth focusing on shoes in a contrasting color. For example, sports slip-ons or classic-shaped sneakers would be an excellent choice.
Heel and Jeans looks
Many girls fell in love with this combination in clothes. This image helps to look formal and rather strict at the same time. You can combine classic pumps with a thin stiletto heel with a spacious shirt, T-shirt or tunic, and skinny jeans.
Boots and Cropped Jeans looks
For a daring, bold, casual look, pair ripped cropped jeans or boyfriend jeans with rugged, masculine boots. A leather jacket in a more subtle shade is ideal, creating an interesting contrast to the bottom. The jacket can be replaced with a jacket or a jacket of a pastel shade and classic shape.
Regardless of what combination of things will be chosen in a given style, you definitely need to choose a practical and beautiful bag. The most popular among girls are large bags in which you can carry all the necessary things. These bags can have both long and short handles. Cross body bags are stylish and practical.
It is this element of clothing that becomes the basic and most popular in the women's wardrobe. Skinny leather trousers or leather leggings are ideally combined with almost any clothing made of other materials and textures. Leather leggings simply make you stand out from the crowd.
It is simply impossible to ignore scarves and shawls, which help not only to create a harmonious image, but also very comfortable. It is impossible to do without this stylish accessory in the cold season. You can safely choose a cozy and warm snood scarf, which will be interesting to combine with the color of your boots or coat.
Summer trench coat
A light trench coat can be combined with sports shoes, a tunic, a shirt and cropped jeans, and can be worn open. This stylish wardrobe item will protect you from the cold on a summer evening and will allow you to create layering in the image, which is very popular today.
Such models of vests favorably stretch the figure, giving harmony. You can combine an elongated vest with summer jeans or trousers. Choosing the right vest will make your look more formal and perfect for a business meeting or office work. At the same time, practicality and emancipation remain in the image.
A characteristic feature of the casual style is the use of a wide variety of hats. For example, you can choose a sporty warm hat or a feminine and sophisticated beret. The main thing is not to be afraid to combine things of different directions and styles.
Dress or short skirt with sneakers
It is simply impossible to imagine a casual style without dresses and skirts. An excellent option for a hot summer day would be a short dress or skirt, combined with sneakers or sneakers.Such an image will always look dynamic, fresh and stylish. For a harmonious and complete look, you can use a backpack or a practical shoulder bag.