What kind of blanket and pillow to choose for a child? Popular and high quality bedding fillers. Sizes of baby pillows and blankets. Video tips for choosing. The choice of bedding for a child is a responsible business. These items provide the baby with a full healthy sleep, optimal temperature and physiological position of the body. Therefore, it is very important for the crumbs to choose the right blanket and pillow to ensure a sound and comfortable sleep.
What blanket and pillow to choose for a child - features of materials
To ensure your baby has a restful and healthy sleep, you need to choose the right blanket and pillow. It should be very soft, pleasant, light, warm, breathable. Today on sale offer a wide range of bedding, using different materials. They all have advantages and disadvantages. Let's dwell on the most popular ones.
Woolen products are made from camel and sheep wool. They are warm, lightweight and absorb moisture well. In addition, the material has a healing effect, because contain animal fat. At the same time, it has a disadvantage - it can provoke allergies. The care of the products is simple: 2 times a year it is necessary to ventilate. Washing is carried out rarely, but if it is washed, then it is done by hand with products containing lanolin (animal wax), which restores the strength and silkiness of the wool. The water temperature should be 30 degrees, the "delicate" mode, do not use the spin. Dried in a flattened form, without sunlight, otherwise it will be deformed.
- Sheep wool blanket soft, airy and breathable without releasing heat. It cools in the hot season and warms in cool weather. It is recommended for those with a weakened immune system, muscle pain and back pain. However, this product is not suitable for children with allergies.
- Camel wool blanket lighter than sheep and has excellent thermal insulation properties: keep warm and cool. Camel wool contains the most lanolin (animal wax), which is absorbed into the skin, making it supple and firm. It does not electrify, absorbs toxins, resists pollution by repelling dust.
Cotton bedding is filled with combed and completely de-husked cotton threads or other natural material. It undergoes additional processing: the fibers are cleaned from the finest husk and is parallelized. The material is durable, can be washed in a washing machine at a delicate mode, 30-40 degrees, without using an air conditioner. Wring out at low speed, and dry in a straightened form.
Bamboo fiber is an ecological base. Blankets and pillows filled with them contain the natural antibacterial substance "bambuban", which inhibits the growth of bacteria and the reproduction of pathogenic microbes. Bamboo fiber is lightweight, durable, wear-resistant and strong. It does not cause irritation and allergies, has a ventilation capacity and a high level of moisture absorption. It is comfortable under it in cold winters and hot summers. The products can withstand multiple washes in an automatic machine at the “delicate” mode without spinning. Drying is carried out horizontally so that the glass is water.
Blanket and pillow made of natural silk provide high-quality air circulation, they do not get ticks, moths and harmful insects. They can be easily washed in the washing machine (“delicate wash” mode), keeping their appearance.The products are absolutely hypoallergenic, so they are suitable for the most sensitive baby. The only negative is the price, since silk is a very expensive material.
Cotton pillows and blankets are the heaviest and cheapest, yet they are hypoallergenic, but not very hygienic. The bed is good as long as it is new, as it quickly collapses into lumps. Cannot be washed.
Products with down and feathers are soft, warm, breathable and hygroscopic. But they can have various feather eaters, chewing lice, ticks and other microorganisms. They will not harm the baby, but their toxic products can cause allergies.
The material is hygienic and does not absorb odors. Products are affordable, easy to wash and retain their shape for a long time. But this material quickly gets confused, so you need to choose products quilted with frequent stitches.
Polyester fiber (holofiber and silicone) has heat-shielding, ventilating and anti-allergenic properties. The bed does not absorb foreign odors, is well washed and dries quickly. This synthetic padding instantly regains its original shape after crushing.
Such models are suitable for apartments with warm and dry air. But products with padding polyester cannot be called the best for children. They do not allow air to pass through well and do not heat very much.
The bike bedding is soft, lightweight, breathable and pleasant to the touch. Models are durable. They are easy to clean. The best days of these times are the off-seasons.
The terry bedspread is breathable, soft and lightweight. This is a good option for warm nights. The product is easy to clean and can be washed in a washing machine.
How to choose a blanket and pillow for your baby - the best sizes
For the first 2 years, children sleep without pillows, with the exception of individual recommendations from doctors. But then only special orthopedic pillows are used. For children over 2 years old, rectangular pillows 50x70 cm are suitable.If the child sleeps peacefully, square pillows 40x40 cm or 50x50 cm will go.
Blankets for newborns are not the most expedient purchase, but still there are “light versions” of 90x90 cm for them. For older children, standard blankets are produced in sizes 140x110 cm and 135x100 cm. Since babies spin in their sleep, blankets should be taken with a margin. In addition, they grow quickly, so it is better to buy a blanket for growth.
What to look for when buying a baby blanket?
When choosing a blanket for your baby, you should pay attention to the following requirements:
- Warmth. The child should not freeze. Duvets keep warm best, then woolen, cashmere and microfiber.
- Breathable and ventilated fiber. The child should not sweat, so the blanket should not be steamy and stuffy. Down comforters and woolen comforters are best breathable. Silk blankets have good air circulation: they maintain a balance of humidity and temperature. Air circulation is difficult in synthetic blankets. Therefore, manufacturers roll synthetic filler into small balls, between which air passes.
- Hypoallergenic. The blanket should be non-allergenic. These include synthetic fillings, bamboo and silk blankets. Down and wool can cause allergies and create conditions for mites to multiply. Such items should be regularly ventilated and dried.
- Lightweight with minimal weight. Weight is especially important for a newborn. The heaviest is a wadded and woolen blanket, the lightest is down and synthetic.
- Easy maintenance. Cotton and synthetic blankets are the easiest to care for as they they can be machine washed. Blankets made of wool, down and silk require regular ventilation and dry cleaning.
What to look for when buying a baby pillow?
Pillows for babies should be orthopedic: elastic, flat and follow the shape of the head, neck and shoulders.The most popular pillows are made of latex, polyurethane foam and viscoelastic materials. From body heat, they change their shape and acquire the outline of the baby's head and neck. They quickly return to their original state, do not wrinkle and do not require whipping.
Video tips on how to choose a blanket and pillow for your baby so that your baby's sleep is healthy and restful.