See how to decorate a Candy bar for a girl and for a boy. You will also learn how to make cake pops, cupcakes for this buffet area.
Candy bar is a fairly new trend in fashion, but already quite popular. He will help to make the holiday unforgettable, tasty and original.
What is Candy Bar?
Translated from English, this phrase is translated as "candy bar". It is designed in such a way that there are sweets for one bite. They can be made by hand, and some can be purchased in confectionery stores.
Such portioned food is made in such a way that you can take small cakes, sweets, cookies with your hands or with the help of skewers on which this sweet food is strung.
Depending on the theme of the holiday, they decorate the Candy bar. If it is for children, then it is necessary to decide whether it is created for a boy or a girl. If the hero of the occasion is a young gentleman, then the color scheme is maintained that he will like. The same goes for girls. For them, we can recommend decorating the Candy bar in the form of hearts, dolls. And the boy will surely like the Candy Bar, made on the theme of his favorite superheroes, cars and so on.
If you need to arrange a Candy bar for a wedding, then this is done based on the preferences of the newlyweds. The theme of the celebration is also important. For example, if it is an orange wedding, then this buffet table is made using these colors. If it's a rainbow wedding, then the Candy Bar is divided into 7 zones and each is performed in a specific color that makes up a rainbow.
Also, trays, dishes should correspond to the general theme of the holiday. Here, multi-tier racks are mainly used, on which trays with small cakes, cupcakes, pasta, meringues are placed. There are also keypops, into the tops of which sharpened skewers are stuck.
Usually there is a significant object in the center of the Candy Bar. It can be a cake, a decanter with a certain drink, a spacious transparent vase filled with sweets.
Check out what kind of dishes can be included in the Candy Bar:
- Cupcakes. They are very popular for such a buffet table. These are miniature cupcakes that are garnished with sweet frosting, mastic, or whipped cream.
- Macaroni - these are trendy almond dough cakes, they can be of very different colors. They are glued together in pairs using a special cream. This dessert is also very popular.
- Miniature cakes prepared with different fillings. Usually they are placed on paper tartlets so that guests can take these sweets and not get their hands dirty.
- Meringue are also invariably popular at the buffet table. From above they are decorated with multi-colored sprinkles or, when preparing meringues, a colored syrup or food coloring is added here.
- Cake is an important focus. It can be anything. This is usually not a very large one-tier cake. If it is intended for children, then you can put a surprise inside to please your loved ones. An example of such sweetness will be below.
- Candies. Based on the theme of the holiday, these sweets will be of this color. Use candies in different colors of glaze, with sprinkles, in wrappers. You can also make your own candy.
It is also important when drawing up such a buffet menu to know which colors are in harmony with each other. The table below will help you. For example, if the main color of your celebration is blue, then you can decorate the Candy Bar using this color by adding golden, red, gray and burgundy colors.
When combining colors, keep in mind that the Candy bar should be brighter than the main color that you used to decorate the room.
Now see what ideas for Candy Bar you can take on board.
DIY candy bar for girls - master class and photo
Perhaps, pink colors are most often used to decorate the birthday of a little princess. If you decide to make a Candy bar for a girl, then you can take this idea into service.
- Take the fabric of this color or, as in the photo, white with pink stripes. Use a canvas of the correct width. Cut it off at the top and bottom so that the resulting rectangle is the same height as the wall. Tuck it over on top and secure here with wire. And the edges must be cut wavy to get a kind of roof, like in summer cafes.
- So that the Candy bar for the girl is not too colorful, it is better not to use a tablecloth, but to take a rather simple wooden table.
- Put a culinary slide here, place marshmallows or cookies, croissants on it. Place a small cake on the other side. It can be made on the theme of the favorite work of the hero of the occasion.
- Place pre-printed signs indicating the food or theme of the holiday. They need to be enclosed in photo frames.
If you have a suitable buffet, you can make a Candy bar based on it. Then you will place specific sweets on certain shelves. There can be candies on sticks, pills in transparent containers. But it is better to use plastic ones, as glass can break.
Place the macaroni cookies in an open vase, you can use pink food coloring to prepare them. Wrapping paper bags are also a great idea. Take a rectangle of such material, roll it up with a cone, tie it from below with a thin ribbon. Pour small sweet treats into these bags.
Here's another idea for how to make a Candy bar for a girl.
This one is made in gentle colors. Since the treat is mostly pink, use white utensils for serving. And the tablecloth can be made in white and pink colors.
To save space and the cake was visible from afar, place it on a tall, flat vase with a leg. Then a couple of trays will fit under it, on which you will place various sweets. For cakes, place them in DIY paper baskets. And if you want to diversify the marshmallows, then put each on a wooden skewer, and pour pink icing on top, which is poured into a syringe without a needle.
To prevent the meringues from drying out, place them under a transparent tall lid.
The cake is covered with delicate pink cream. Moreover, below it is darker, and above it is light. Such roses are made using a pastry bag and a special nozzle. First, you place the spout of this nozzle in the center of the future rose and begin to rotate the attachment in a spiral clockwise direction, lightly pressing on the pastry bag. You can make a cream or butter cream by adding pink food coloring to it.
Take tall transparent flowerpots, put sweets here. It would be nice to alternate the dessert white and pink. And in other flowerpots with lids, place marshmallows of pale pink color.
When decorating a Candy bar for a girl, you can make red and white jelly. Pour red jelly into each transparent small vessel first, when it hardens, pour milk jelly on top. When it gets stronger, then add a layer of red. But immediately put a small teaspoon in each serving, the top of which can be decorated with a heart made of colored paper.
When decorating a Candy bar for a girl, you can make a garland with her name or the name of the sweet table. Do this using cut-out cardboard flags or by taking disposable paper plates and straightening them. Then you will make a circle at the top of each and collect the blanks on the tape.Then glue letter by letter onto a specific circle. You can also decorate the wall by attaching paper garlands of the desired color here.
Usually cakes are made for Candy Bar without any special frills. You can bake one and then cover it with pink cream. At the same time, you can not try too much, apply the cream with a wide knife, while it will lie, as it were, carelessly. See how you can hide chocolate chip cookies with colored icing.
If you decide to bake cupcakes, then decorate them with cream caps. See which attachments you can use for this. Depending on which one you choose, this will be the decoration of these sweets.
The centerpiece of the Candy bar can also be a bouquet of candies. It's very easy to create one.
Step-by-step photos clearly show the process of work. Take a suitable planter, place a Styrofoam ball of the required diameter in it. Now, starting from the bottom, gradually glue the candies down to completely cover the gap in the circle. When you do this, then the bouquet of lollipops will be ready.
Since after such sweets you will certainly want to drink, take care of drinks.
They should also look festive. If you are making orange juice or fresh juice, then pour it into a jug and decorate with slices of this fruit. Cut out images of citrus circles from cardboard, make holes in the center, and place straws here. You can pour such drinks, then choose the straw you like and enjoy this juice.
Here's another idea of how to decorate a Candy bar for a girl using pink tones.
Taking the desired attachment, first squeeze the light pink cream onto the cupcakes, then sprinkle it with small dragees. Place a rose of a darker pink cream on top.
As you know, the word "cupcake" is translated as "cup cake". That is, this is a small cake that can be made from shortbread, muffin or biscuit dough. Then you decorate it with frosting, mastic or cream.
And if marshmallows are one of the important elements of the Candy bar, then each such sweetness needs to be pierced with a wooden skewer, then dip them in colored sugar, and put on such a paper skirt from below.
How to decorate a Candy bar for a boy with your own hands?
Blue colors may prevail here. See how interesting and easy-to-design Candy Bar can be adopted for a young gentleman.
- colored paper;
- Double-sided tape;
All this will be useful for you to decorate the wall near the Candy Bar. Cut out the clouds from the white Whatman paper. Make rain strips out of colored paper. Place the first cloud on the wall, place the rain strips between the two materials and glue with double-sided tape.
The cake is made in blue colors. Since the theme of the sky and balloons is traced here, make them out of colored icing and glue them to the cake. It's easy to create this type of sweetness and also glaze it to make it clear it's balloons. Attach a plastic or wooden skewer to each. Dip the cake pops in the blue icing. Also, baskets, lollipops will be appropriate here.
Kids love cartoon minion characters, so you can use this story when coming up with a birthday theme. If there are such toys, place them on tables.
You can also put plastic or edible bananas here. When you make eclairs, decorate them with paper on top so that it is the outfit of the minions, their large eyes. Since the main colors of these characters are yellow, blue and white, use them when you buy or make your own candy.
Each child can then be given a bottle of water, on the outside of which these characters flaunt.
Make and hang on the ceiling near the buffet table flowers made of fabric, a garland of circles of colored cardboard.
See how the Candy Bar for a boy is decorated in the same color scheme.
You can also bake cookies using animal molds.Then cover these sweets on top with cream with the addition of light green and blue food colors. You can use the same ones when making cupcake cream.
The macaroni cakes are decorated in the same colors as the glazed candies, which must be placed in transparent containers.
This is how a cake for a boy can be.
As you can see, the main sweetness is framed in the same color scheme, with a predominance of blue. You can hoist a marzipan figurine covered with sweet mastic on top, which will hold balloons
Now you can check out recipes for some of the main dishes for the Candy Bar.
How to make candy bar cake pops?
These mini cakes on a stick, covered with icing, are incredibly popular. They were invented in 2008 by Angie Dudley. This is a blogger and pastry chef from Atlanta. She prepared these desserts and posted their photos on the Internet. Very quickly, the photos scattered across the network and such desserts became popular. It is now served at trendy parties, social events, birthdays and weddings. Check out some of the recipes for these sweets.
Classic cake pop
To prepare it, you will need:
- 120 g butter;
- 2 eggs;
- 120 g granulated sugar;
- 200 g flour;
- 60 ml of milk;
- 4 g baking powder;
- 1 lemon;
- 150 g icing sugar;
- food coloring;
- 40 ml of water.
- Remove the oil from the refrigerator ahead of time to soften it. Then beat it with sugar, add eggs, juice and lemon zest. Pour in milk and stir.
- Pour the sifted flour here, knead the dough.
- Take a cake pop pan, grease its wells with butter and put the dough here with a small spoon.
- So that you can then easily remove the finished products from the molds, put the mold in the freezer for 1 hour.
- After this time, place these semi-finished products in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes at 180 degrees. Then take out the blanks and cool.
- You need to make the glaze from powder and a couple of tablespoons of water. Add food coloring here if desired. Stir. Now dip wooden skewers into this mixture and insert them into the cakes. Place the blanks in the refrigerator. In this case, you need to place the cakes with the skewers up.
- When half an hour has passed, take out the blanks and dip them with glaze too. Then place the dish in the refrigerator. If desired, you can pre-sprinkle the sweetness with edible pearls.
You can also top the finished cakes with a different colored icing mesh.
If you don't feel like baking cake pops, then you can make cookie dough for them.
- 200 g of curd cheese;
- 340 g shortbread cookies;
- 40 g butter;
- 200 g milk chocolate;
- 40 g icing sugar.
- Grind the cookies in a meat grinder or blender. Pour icing sugar, cheese and butter here. Stir to form a smooth dough. Dip your hands in the water, shaking it off to form round cakes, rolling balls of them between your palms. Put the workpieces in the refrigerator.
- After an hour, melt the chocolate, dip the edges of the wooden skewers into it and put them on the round cookie cutters.
- Place the cake pops in the refrigerator for half an hour, then completely dip them in chocolate. You can then cover with colored sprinkles.
And here's another recipe that doesn't require baking. For such desserts, you will need a ready-made biscuit.
It needs to be crushed, add boiled condensed milk here and form a mass that is similar to plasticine in consistency. Form balls out of it, also first dip the tips of the skewers into the melted chocolate, then pierce the round cakes with them. After the chocolate has set, remove these blanks and dip the balls completely into the chocolate.
If you want rainbow cake pops to decorate a Candy bar with, then check out these.
- 300 g flour;
- 6 eggs;
- 300 g butter;
- 15 g baking powder;
- 240 g sugar;
- 3 dyes of different colors;
- 200 g of white chocolate;
- 200 g of dark chocolate.
- Whisk butter softened at room temperature. Beat the eggs separately, then combine the two ingredients, stir and add flour here.
- Divide the dough in thirds and add a certain color dye to each. Now start using a teaspoon to fill each round cake pop hole with the same color of dough. Then place another on top, and place the third even higher. As a result, you get three-color balls.
- Bake them, and then pour over melted chocolate, decorate and send to freeze in the refrigerator.
Can some cake pops be dipped in white chocolate, while others? in brown so that the outer color is also different.
Chocolate cake pops
If you are partial to chocolate treats, then prepare such a dessert. Take:
- 240 ml of milk;
- 240 g sugar;
- 320 g flour;
- 4 eggs;
- 240 g butter;
- 200 g of white chocolate;
- 160 g cocoa.
- Place the margarine in a water bath and melt it. Add milk, cocoa powder here, stir.
- Beat the eggs and sugar separately, add them to this margarine mixture and beat a little more. Now add flour and knead well.
- Cool the baked cake pops, place them on skewers and dip this delicacy in white chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles if desired.
- If you want, then add food coloring to the chocolate and cover the cake pops with the resulting icing of this color.
If you like these berries when you decorate the Candy Bar for a girl, by all means bake such a dessert. After all, if this buffet table is in pink tones, then a dessert of a similar color will complement sweet dishes. Take:
- 200 g creamy margarine;
- 2 eggs;
- 160 g dark chocolate;
- 160 g granulated sugar;
- 60 ml cherry syrup;
- 200 g flour;
- cherries, fresh or canned, pitted.
Pre-soften the margarine at kitchen temperature, add sugar and eggs here and whisk lightly. Add flour, stir. Then add the syrup and work with the spoon again. Dip your palms in water, form balls from the resulting dough. Inside each cake pop, you need to put one cherry.
Bake the cake pops also for about 20 minutes at 180 degrees, then place them on skewers, cover with chocolate and cool in the refrigerator.
To decorate the Candy bar, you can buy a special electric baking dish for cake pops. Then it will take you 8 minutes to bake them.
Dessert in the form of a popsicle
Delight the kids at their party by making little popsicle cakes. It will also be cake pops on a stick.
This dish also does not require baking, which will shorten your time. And if there is no oven nearby, then you can make a wonderful dessert without it. Take:
- 10 oval cookies;
- 100 g of chocolate;
- 100 g boiled condensed milk.
Melt the chocolate and dip 5 ice cream sticks in it. Put them on the cookies, put them in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.
Take 5 more cookies and brush them with condensed milk. Take out the blanks with chocolate and fasten all these cookies in pairs. Then dip them again in chocolate and sprinkle with colored sprinkles.
Now put the dessert in the refrigerator to freeze the chocolate.
If you don't know, there is a famous cake with that name. You can bake it and make some round cakes from the rest of the dough. Take:
- 100 g butter;
- 140 ml of kefir;
- 10 g cocoa;
- 200 g flour;
- 200 g icing sugar;
- 2 eggs;
- a little red food coloring;
- 6 g of soda;
- 300 g of dark chocolate;
- 160 ml of cream with a fat content of 33% and above.
- In a separate container, mix dry ingredients, these are: cocoa, flour, soda.
- In another container, beat the softened butter with powdered sugar, add an egg here, continue beating and add kefir with dye at this stage.
- Stir the dough and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment. You need to bake for about 14 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Chill the cream and whisk with the icing sugar until firm.
- Cool the baked sponge cake, chop it finely and mix with the cream. From this mass, mold round balls. Attach skewers to them with chocolate. Then decorate these cakes and put them in the refrigerator.
For such a recipe, you do not need a special round shape, so you can bake these cakes without using this special device.
For cheesecake lovers
The next recipe for sweets will resemble cheesecake. To do this, take:
- 130 g ricotta cheese;
- 75 g shortbread cookies;
- 100 g of white chocolate;
- 25 g icing sugar;
- a few grains of vanillin.
Grind the cookies into crumbs and add vanillin and icing sugar to it. Then put ricotta cheese in the same place and make the mass homogeneous by mixing it well. Form round cakes. Decorate them in the same way as in the previous cases. Decorate these small cakes to match the theme and color of the celebration.
How to make cupcakes for Candy Bar?
This is another dish for Candy Bar. Cupcakes are biscuit dough muffins with cream inside and on top? sweet cap.
If you love this thick fermented milk product, then this recipe will come in handy. Take for a test:
- 90 g sugar;
- 90 g flour;
- 90 g butter;
- 2, 5 Art. l. milk;
- 1 tsp baking powder;
vanilla sugar on the tip of a knife.
For curd cream you will need:
- 100 g of curd cheese;
- 100 g cream cheese;
- 25 g icing sugar;
- 50 g butter.
For a Kurd you will need:
- 50 g sugar;
- 2 eggs;
- 50 g fresh berries;
- 1 tbsp. l. butter.
Let's start cooking by creating a dough. To do this, take pre-softened butter and beat it with sugar. Insert the egg and beat again. Add baking powder, flour and mix thoroughly.
Be sure to heat the milk to keep it warm. This will make the cupcakes more fluffy and fluffy. If you don't have milk, you can replace it with cream or kefir.
Pour in warm milk. Then place the dough in a container, filling 2/3 of the volume. Bake cupcakes at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes.
While this is happening, you will cook a Kurd. To do this, mix the berries with sugar and eggs. Put the mass on fire and, with continuous stirring, wait until it boils. Then take a whisk and start stirring harder. When the mixture begins to boil, turn off the heat.
Grind this berry cream through a sieve and add butter here. Stir. When the Kurd has cooled down, put it in the refrigerator to make it thicker.
To make the top of the cupcake, prepare the cream. To do this, combine cream cheese, butter, icing sugar and curd cheese. Beat all this at low mixer speeds.
You will have a wonderful curd cream.
If you do not have a device for making cupcake indentations, then use a small knife to create these indentations. Put the stuffing in here.
Then you need to take the whipped cheese and use a pastry nozzle and a pastry syringe to squeeze this cream onto the top of the muffins. From above, you can further decorate them as you like.
With chocolate cream
- You can also bake cupcakes using the same recipe for the dough, but at the end of kneading the mass you need to add one and a half tablespoons of cocoa.
- Bake cupcakes. Prepare a cream that consists of 75 g of extra fat and 40 g of dark chocolate.
- After pouring the cream into a suitable bowl, start heating the mass, stirring all the time. As soon as a couple of bubbles appear, immediately turn off the heat.
- Then put the broken chocolate into pieces into the hot mass and stir with a spatula to get a homogeneous mass. When it's cool, put it in the refrigerator for two hours.And it's better if the ganache cream spends the night there.
- Then take it out and start whisking at a slow speed. Then you can also pull out the middle from the finished cupcakes and stuff them with this chocolate mass, and decorate with a cap of whipped cream on top.
Here's how to decorate Candy Bar, make delicious sweets for it. We suggest listening to the advice of a professional who will share the secret of decorating this festive zone.
And from the second plot, you will learn how to bake cupcakes.