Historical information about the variety, standard of appearance, character traits of Havana cats, health, care and maintenance of the animal at home, the price of a kitten.
Character of Havana cats
These animals can rightfully be called "created for life with humans." It is difficult even to explain in words how friendly and playful the Havana cat is. They will never sit on the sidelines if you have guests in your house, the cat will gladly allow you to play with him, hold him in his arms and scratch behind the ear.
For such a pet, your attention is a life priority, they are not inclined to choose one of their friends, the murzik will love everyone who pays attention to him, and if he is still playing with him, there will be no limit to joy. Havana does not just get along with young children, they become inseparable, and the more the company, the better the cat. Claws are released in the most extreme cases, so if your child does not drag your pet by the tail around the house, then you should not worry.
It is not recommended to have such a pet for people who constantly work and come home only to spend the night, these pets do not tolerate loneliness very well and soon they can fall into their feline depression and lose interest in life and the world around them. If you dreamed of a havana, but are unable to devote the proper amount of time to it, then it is better either to abandon the idea of getting this cat, or to have a companion for him in the guise of another cat, even an ordinary yard cat. If you have someone to frolic with, then it's not so bad!
Due to the remarkable intelligence of this breed, the Havana cat can easily adapt to a new place, easily get used to the litter box and happily walk down the street on a leash.
Havana cat health
As for any hereditary diseases or congenital defects, then in representatives of this species, this phenomenon, one might say, is absent, the exception may be congenital pathologies of kittens, whose mother was sick during pregnancy or was not properly cared for. But even this happens extremely rarely, since the Havana cat breed is not so widespread and not cheap, therefore, cats are usually protected in position, like the apple of an eye.
But do not forget that to a greater extent the health of an animal depends directly on its owner. Feeding and sometimes playing with the cat is not all the responsibilities of a responsible owner. The first thing to remember is that it is necessary to feed Havana cats, and everyone else as well, either with high quality industrial food, or with natural products that would be useful for the animal. A lack of food, as well as an excess of it, extremely quickly make their mark on the condition of your pet.
It is extremely rare that there is an opportunity to buy a kitten at an early age, if you get your friend in the cattery, then most likely he should have all the necessary vaccinations, but this does not mean that you do not need to go to the doctor - just right! For general prevention purposes, the veterinarian should meet with your pet at least once every six months, this frequency is suitable for those animals who do not have any complaints about their well-being. If you begin to notice any changes in the behavior of your Havana cat, it is better to expedite your visit to the veterinarian.
It is also important to know that an animal can bring an unwanted sore from a walk in the fresh air, so it is recommended that after each walk, examine the Havana cat for ticks and fleas.It is also important to conduct periodic courses of anthelmintic therapy. Additional vitamin and mineral complexes will never be superfluous, especially during the spring-autumn period. Just do not choose such drugs, focusing on your intuition, or on the beauty of the packaging. Remember that even vitamins in the wrong combination or inaccurate dosage can harm the health of your exotic furry. So before buying, it is better to consult with a veterinarian, he will be able to select an individual rate and combination of vitamins that will only benefit the animal.
Rules for the care of a havana cat
- Hair care. Since the coat of these purrs is rather short and tight to the body, care for it is minimal. It is necessary to comb the Havana cat about once a week to remove dead hairs, so they will not be in the house and the animal will not swallow the elements of its "fur coat". You can choose any comb, usually Havana cat love this procedure, but it is best to give preference to a rubber glove designed for combing cats. She also cleans the coat effectively and the cat is pleased. In order for the coat of your pet to always look well-groomed and shine with its characteristic shine, from time to time the cat will have to be bathed. This should be done either as needed, or once every two to three months. As a detergent, it is better to choose a shampoo marked "for skin prone to dryness", choose the same conditioner, with its help the fur of the cat will be more shiny and delicate to the touch. On the shelves of pet stores you can see dry shampoos, they are, of course, much easier to use, however, for representatives of this breed it is better to use a regular, foaming agent, they better cleanse the pet's skin and give it the opportunity to breathe "to full chest".
- Hygiene of the ears. It is also important for Havana cats to clean their ears. This is best done with cotton swabs and a special liquid for cleaning the ears of animals, for example, drops or spray "Otomin" or "Bars". The pricing policy of such a product is more than affordable, and your pet is insured against unwanted skin reactions to petroleum jelly or liquid paraffin.
- Eyes. It is necessary to clean the eyes of your Havana cat with a "chocolate coat" about once a week, for this you need to arm yourself with two cotton pads or pieces of dense and most importantly clean cloth, as well as an auxiliary substance. The latter can be a solution of boric acid of low concentration, a weak solution of potassium permanganate, a decoction of medicinal herbs or ordinary tea leaves.
- Oral cavity. The teeth and soft tissues of the mouth of the Havana cat need special and careful care, since this breed has a tendency to gingivitis, tartar formation and other dental problems. Therefore, the only correct solution would be to teach the kitten from early childhood to regularly brush his teeth. To do this, it is recommended to buy a cat toothbrush, or a finger brush and cat toothpaste. From time to time, you can feed the cat with food intended for cleaning teeth, but this should be an addition to the main procedure, and not replace it in any way.
- Entertainment. By their nature, Havana cat are very curious, they are delighted with everything new and interesting, in addition, they are extremely fond of trying everything by touch with their paws. Therefore, it is better to provide your pet with a variety of toys, otherwise he will start looking for suitable "entertainment" in your house. Havana will easily make its way into the most secluded corner of your room, and even the height of this corner does not always stop the cat. What kind of toys is needed - the cat does not care whether it is balls, laces, or a crumpled sheet of paper, the main thing is that you gave it to him. It's not bad to think of some kind of attractions for an animal, it can be shelves or driftwood for climbing or all kinds of tunnels.
- Nutrition. Havana cat never complain about their appetite, so it's best for you to keep track of how much your cat eats. Otherwise, instead of a slender and active animal, you risk seeing a fluffy "ball" lying on the sofa. Food for Havana must be fresh, high quality and wholesome. Ready-made food of premium and super-premium class are perfect as a main course. You can also feed the cat with natural food, but not the food that you have on the table. The Havana cat menu should be composed of the following products: lean meats, best of all veal, sea fish, dairy and sour milk products, cereals, vegetables and offal.
Purchase and price of a havana kitten
Due to the fact that all the largest and most prestigious catteries with this type of cats are concentrated in the United States, the cost of the animal is by no means low. The starting price of a kitten with a package of all the necessary documents is $ 900, and kittens whose parents took part in prestigious exhibitions will cost you an order of magnitude more.