How to properly cook pork broth at home. Subtleties and secrets. Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
This rich and tasty broth is an amazing all-round product. It is used both on its own and used as a basis for other dishes. For example, they make soup, borscht, porridge, jellied meat with it. It is used for risottos, sauces, gravies and other culinary delights. And it is nowhere easier to prepare, and from any kind of meat. They cook broth from chicken, beef, veal, lamb, and fish … But this review is dedicated to pork lovers.
If you are a fan of this type of meat, then the recipe for pork-based broth will definitely interest you. Of course, there are also basic secrets here that will help make the broth perfect and more delicious. Read this article on how to make a fragrant, transparent, nutritious and incredibly tasty pork broth at home. A little bit of culinary magic, and even the most sophisticated gourmet will appreciate the first course.
- Calorie content per 100 g - 15 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 2 hours
- Pork - 500 g
- Carnation buds - 2 pcs.
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Ground black pepper - pinch or to taste
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Bulb onions - 1 pc.
- Allspice peas - 3 pcs.
- Celery root - 50 g
- Bay leaf - 2-3 pcs.
Step by step preparation of pork broth:
1. Pour water into a saucepan (I have 2 liters) and salt. Keep in mind that you should not add water while cooking the broth, and the longer you cook it, the more liquid will evaporate from it. Therefore, pour in the correct amount of water immediately. It is better to pour more of it than to add it later, otherwise the taste of the broth will not be rich and rich. The saturation and concentration of the broth also depends on the amount of water. If you want to get a very strong broth, then take 2-3 liters of water for 1 kg of meat.
2. The most delicious broth will be fresh or chilled meat. If yours is frozen, thaw it at room temperature. Do not use a microwave oven or hot water for this.
Wash the selected meat under running water. The taste of the broth depends on the quality of the meat. The most valuable piece is considered to be bacon pork. It is lean, tender meat with a thin layer of pink bacon. It cooks quickly and produces a delicate and tasty broth. A piece of meat on the bone, which is rich in connective tissue, is also good for broth. With prolonged cooking, such meat secretes the most extractive substances, and the broth is obtained from it more aromatic and rich.
Next, send the washed pork to a saucepan with water. If you wish, you can cook it in one piece or pre-cut it into pieces.
Bring to a boil over high heat. Since the goal is to get a tasty broth, so dip the meat in cold water. When the water is gradually heated, the pork releases flavors and nutrients, which pass into the broth. If, on the contrary, you need to get juicy and tasty boiled meat, then put it in boiling water. The surface of the pork is immediately "sealed" with a protein film, which prevents the release of extractive substances.
As the water boils, reduce the heat and remove the protein foam with a slotted spoon. If this is not done in time, the foam will settle to the bottom of the pan and ruin the appearance of the dish. If foam sticks to the sides of the pot, remove it with a damp cloth.
If the piece of meat is greasy, then fat may appear on the surface of the broth. You can leave it on, or remove it with a paper towel.
4. Add the peeled onion and garlic cloves to the saucepan.If you put the washed onion in the husk in the broth, then the broth will acquire a pleasant golden hue.
5. Place the peeled celery root next. I use it dried.
6. Add spices: bay leaf, clove buds, allspice and black peppercorns.
Vegetables and spices enrich the taste and aroma of the broth. In addition to onions and celery, peeled carrots are also suitable. Parsnips, turnips, leeks and other roots harmonize well with meat broth. Add them to the broth as you like. And if you first bake the vegetables in the oven or lightly fry them in a pan without oil, the broth will be more fragrant.
7. After adding the vegetables, bring the broth to the boil again. Use a low heat to simmer the broth and not boil, otherwise it will turn out cloudy. Close the saucepan with a lid and cook it for 1, 5 hours, a little more. But the cooking time depends on the size and hardness of the meat, as well as on the desired strength of the broth.
8. Strain the finished pork broth to remove vegetables and spices. they are no longer needed. Separate the cooked meat from the bone. Serve broth sprinkled with fresh herbs and garnish with boiled eggs.
Ready-made pork broth can be frozen. It is stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.