How to make Finnish salmon soup at home. TOP 4 recipes with cooking photos. Tips and subtleties of cooking. Video recipes.
Nordic cuisine, in particular Finnish cuisine, is quite amazing and unusual. Most Scandinavian dishes are prepared with seafood. One of the famous first courses is the classic Finnish salmon soup. Rich, gentle, warming and nourishing. This is not just a fish soup, but a delicious creamy salmon soup called lohikeitto. Despite the fact that salmon is an exotic product, this chowder can be an economical dish. At the same time, Finnish fish soup with salmon may well be served for a festive feast. And at a family dinner, it will become an exquisite treat and the main decoration of the table.
Culinary tips and secrets
- Fresh, high-quality salmon carcass should have bright scales with a natural gloss without shine, light eyes, long fins and a pleasant smell.
- The natural shade of the fish fillet is pale pink, and the meat itself is translucent. Fish products should not have a bright red tint. This suggests that it was tinted with artificial dyes.
- To prepare a classic Finnish fish soup with cream, the bones must be removed from the fillet.
- You can cook Scandinavian fish soup with cream or with fat milk. Cream cheese is often added to the dish.
- You can make a creamy salmon soup from salmon, and from large trout, and from any other fish of the salmon family.
- For Finnish soup, not a whole fillet is suitable, but a soup set (fish bones, fins, heads), which will make the soup more budgetary and affordable. One salmon head will have enough meat for two servings.
- Salmon fillets will remain tender if not overcooked. It is enough to darken the fish under the lid for 5-7 minutes, and it will be ready.
- To make the soup the most rich and aromatic, add spices: allspice peas, bay leaves, cloves, dill sprigs, pour in a little white wine, put a slice of lemon or lime.
Creamy salmon soup
Delicious Lohikeitto or Finnish salmon soup with cream. Incredibly gentle, nourishing, healthy, healing. It can be eaten both cold and hot.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 444 kcal.
- Servings - 4-5
- Cooking time - 30 minutes
- Salmon fillet - 340 g
- Olive oil - 3 tablespoons
- Bay leaf - 1 pc.
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Leeks - 1 pc.
- Potatoes - 340 g
- Starch - 1 tablespoon
- Water - 3 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Dill - to taste
- Lemon to taste
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- Cream - 3/4 tbsp.
Cooking Finnish Salmon and Cream Soup:
- Chop the leeks and stew them in a saucepan with heated olive oil. When the onion is soft, add the water, add the bay leaf and bring to a boil.
- Peel the potatoes, wash, chop and place in a saucepan. Reduce heat, cover the pot and cook the soup until the potatoes are almost done, about 15 minutes.
- Cut the salmon fillet into pieces, place in a saucepan and cook for 5 minutes. Then pour in the cream and stir.
- Dissolve the starch in 1 tbsp. water, stir until completely dissolved and add the resulting gruel to the soup.
- Cook the soup until thick, about 1 minute. Add butter, stir and remove from heat.
- Season with salt, pepper, sprinkle with chopped parsley or dill.
- Place a slice of lemon on each plate when serving.
Salmon soup with milk
Healthy and satisfying food - Finnish soup with salmon and milk. It is easy enough to prepare, has a delicate taste and a special aroma of fish meat.
- Salmon fillet - 400 g
- Cream 15% - 200 ml
- Hochland curd cheese - 100 g
- Potatoes - 4 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Water - 2 l
- White onion - 1 pc.
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
Cooking Finnish Salmon Soup with Milk:
- Cut the fish into medium-sized pieces. Peel the onion, wash and cut into 2 parts. Boil water in a saucepan and dip the onion and fish. Boil the fish for 5-7 minutes and carefully remove it with a slotted spoon.
- Peel carrots and potatoes, wash, cut into cubes and dip in fish broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook until vegetables are tender.
- When the vegetables are cooked, remove the onions from the soup, because he gave his taste and aroma.
- Return the fish to the saucepan, season the soup with cream and curd cheese, bring to a boil and remove from heat immediately.
- Let the Finnish creamy soup sit for 5-10 minutes. Then serve it on the table, sprinkle with chopped dill.
Creamy cheese soup with salmon
With a delicate texture, pleasant taste and an unforgettable aroma, a dish with creamy notes - Finnish soup with salmon and cheese. It is tasty, satisfying and nutritious, very quick and easy to cook.
- Fresh salmon or trout-300 g
- Potatoes - 300 g
- Bulb onions - 1 pc.
- Carrots - 1pc.
- Bulgarian pepper - 1pc.
- Cream 10-20% - 350 ml
- Processed cheese - 100 g
Cooking cream cheese soup with salmon:
- Place the diced potatoes in a 2.5L pot of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Peel the onions, cut into cubes and fry in a pan in vegetable oil until soft.
- Peel the carrots, grate on a coarse grater and add to the pan to the onion. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Peel the bell pepper from the seed box, cut off the tail, wash, and cut into cubes. Add it to the skillet, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Send the fried vegetables to the pot with potato broth.
- Next, pour in the cream, put the grated or sliced processed cheese, stir and bring to a boil.
- Peel the salmon, cut into portions and add to the pan after 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook the chowder for 5 minutes until the potatoes are fully cooked. At the end of cooking, add finely chopped dill and leave the creamy cheese soup with salmon to infuse for 15 minutes.
Salmon and shrimp soup
Finnish soup with salmon and shrimp is a delicacy dish that will become indispensable for recuperating those suffering from colds. It is delicious, delicate, piquant and suitable for a festive feast.
- Salmon or trout - 500 g
- Peeled boiled-frozen shrimps - 300 g
- Potatoes - 3 pcs.
- Onions - 2 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Celery stalk - 2 pcs.
- Wheat flour - 1 tablespoon
- Fish broth - 1, 2 l
- Salt to taste
- Canned corn - 200 g
- Cream 12% - 250 ml
- Dill - 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil - for frying
Cooking Finnish Salmon Shrimp Soup:
- Cut salmon or trout into small slices, dip in boiling salted water and boil after boiling for 5-7 minutes. Remove from broth and place on a plate.
- Peel and wash onions, carrots and celery. Chop the onion into thin quarter rings, chop the potatoes and celery into cubes, and grate the carrots on a coarse grater.
- Send vegetables (except potatoes) to a preheated skillet with vegetable oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Add flour, stir to prevent lumps, and cook for another 1 minute.
- Put the sautéed vegetables in a saucepan with broth and mix well.
- Then place the potatoes, cover and cook until the vegetables are soft for 15 minutes.
- Place the shrimp and corn in a saucepan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the cream, add the boiled fish pieces, bring to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Add chopped dill to the pan, cover it with a lid and leave to infuse for 5 minutes.