How to cook meatless cabbage soup in 30 minutes at home for your everyday meal? Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Nutritional value, calorie content and video recipe.
Today I have a simple but delicious and light homemade cabbage soup without meat. This is a versatile dish that is suitable for both children and adults. The recipe is hassle-free, and the necessary ingredients are always at hand. It prepares quickly and takes little time. There is no meat in this recipe. Therefore, it can be classified as a vegetarian meal. To do this, you just need to replace the chicken broth with vegetable or water. But sometimes, for satiety, I throw the sliced leftover grilled chicken or sausages (sausages, wieners, sausages) of the highest quality into the soup.
Many people make this kind of slimming soup because it is low in calories. This option is good for diversifying the lunch menu for those who are fasting or dieting. It is perfect for those who are going to lose those extra pounds, and will be ideal for body shaping. But I like it more because of the inexpensive and easy way of cooking. And thanks to fresh vegetables, the soup is full of healthy vitamins. Therefore, if you want to have a good figure or want to replenish the body with vitamins, take this simple recipe with step-by-step photos into service.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 132 kcal.
- Servings - 4-5
- Cooking time - 30 minutes
- Potatoes - 2 pcs. (medium size)
- White cabbage - 200 g
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Cauliflower - 200 g
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Spices and spices (bay leaves, allspice peas) - to taste
- Broth (meat or vegetable) or water - 2 l
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
Step by step cooking meatless cabbage soup:
1. Peel and wash friable potatoes. Cut it into medium sized cubes.
2. Peel the carrots, wash and cut into slices or cubes. I prefer coarsely chopped carrots in my soup. If you are used to grating it and frying it in a skillet in oil, you can do this. But keep in mind that additional frying will add calories to the dish.
3. Pour stock or water into a cooking pot and bring to a boil. Today I have chicken broth, and you take whichever you like best. If you decide to cook a soup with meat broth, cook the meat in one piece to make the broth more rich and rich.
4. Dip potatoes and carrots into boiling broth.
5. Season with salt, pepper and spices. I use ground sweet paprika as a spice.
6. Add spices and herbs. I have a bay leaf, allspice peas and dried celery root and a few clove buds. It would also be good to add a mixture of Italian herbs for the scent. And adding a slice of lemon or a spoonful of lemon juice will make the soup special and original. The main thing is to add any aromatic herbs, roots, spices and herbs for piquancy.
After that, bring the contents of the pan to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook under a lid for 10-15 minutes.
7. In the meantime, prepare the cabbage. Remove the top leaves from the white cabbage, because they are usually dirty. Cut off the required amount from the head and wash it. Then chop into thin strips.
Wash the cauliflower. To do this, dip it into a pot of cold water so that the bugs that were hiding in it float to the surface. Then disassemble it into inflorescences and cut into medium-sized slices.
8. After 10-15 minutes, add the cauliflower to the pot. Boil and boil for 3-5 minutes.
Any other vegetables can be added to this aromatic liquid, such as tomatoes, bell peppers, green beans, asparagus, green peas, mushrooms.
9. Add white cabbage to a saucepan and stir. After boiling again, continue to cook the cabbage soup without meat under the lid for 5 minutes (if using young cabbage). Cook old white cabbage for 7-10 minutes.
10. Remove the pan from the heat and let the meatless cabbage soup steep for 15 minutes. Then pour it into bowls and add chopped fresh herbs to each serving. I like to serve this soup with freshly made bread or garlic buns. Although it will be very tasty with croutons or croutons.