How to make delicious and satisfying pea duck soup at home? Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
Pea duck soup is a wonderful dish for a family dinner. It is nourishing, rich, has a pleasant taste and bright aroma. Such a stew must be prepared in order to diversify the usual menu. The ingredients for the recipe are the simplest ones that every housewife always has at hand. You only need to purchase a duck, which is sold in every supermarket. If you buy a large bird, then you can make not only soup with the addition of peas from it, but also some kind of second.
Pea soup is widespread in the national cuisines of different nations, so there are many options for its preparation. Its distinctive feature is that it is very easy to prepare and does not require many additional ingredients. At the same time, it turns out to be surprisingly nutritious and tasty. If you want to give the pea soup a peculiar flavor, season it with white wine and grated Parmesan, as the Italians do. The Dutch make their pea soup very thick with celery root and stalks, leeks and smoked rookworst sausages. In Germany, bacon, sausage or pickled smoked pork Kassler is added to the finished first course, and in Mongolia - tomatoes and sour cream. In one word, pea soup is an international and democratic dish. Therefore, feel free to experiment with tastes.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 205 kcal kcal.
- Servings - 5
- Cooking time - 2 hours
- Duck - 300 g (any parts)
- Dried raspberry - 1 tsp
- Dried ginger root - 1 tsp (can be replaced with fresh - 50 g)
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Vegetable dressing for soup - 1 tablespoon
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Dried peas - 200 g (if you like thick soup, take 400 g)
- Parsley - small bunch
- Allspice peas - 3 pcs.
- Spices and herbs (any) - to taste
- Ground black pepper - 0.5 tsp
Step by step preparation of pea duck soup, recipe with photo:
1. Wash the duck, scrape, clean from feathers, if any. Remove the fat near the tail, it contains the most. Wash the bird with cold water and cut into pieces. Choose the pieces for the soup and put the rest in the refrigerator for another meal. A ridge, neck, wings, bones with leftover meat are well suited for soup. You can even use leftover duck leftovers for soup.
Send the selected pieces together with the bones to the pan. When they are cooked until fully cooked, you can get rid of the seeds or leave the pieces as they are.
2. Fill the duck with drinking water and place it on the stove. Bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Add dried rag, bay leaf, allspice and dried ginger root to the broth. Reduce the temperature to the lowest setting, cover the pan and cook the duck for 1.5 hours. Then remove the boiled duck pieces, and strain the broth to remove the spices and herbs.
4. Wash the peas well and place in a deep bowl. So that the pea soup does not swell, the legumes need to be washed very well - to the state of pure water. Moreover, this must be done twice, at the beginning of cooking and after soaking.
5. Fill it with drinking water in a ratio of 1: 2, where there should be more liquid, and leave the peas to soak. The temperature of the water for soaking should not exceed 15 ° C, otherwise the grains may turn sour.
Soaked peas will have a pronounced pea smell and taste, reminiscent of nuts, and the cooking time will be shortened. If you have split peas, soak them for 3-4 hours, whole peas - 6-8 hours. Although you can add unsoaked peas to the broth. But do it right after the duck has boiled. Otherwise, he will not have time to boil.
6. During the soaking period, the peas will be saturated with liquid and will increase in volume.After a while, tip it onto a fine sieve to drain the remaining liquid, and wash it well again under running water.
7. Return the strained broth to the saucepan, put the pieces of duck there and boil. Then dip the swollen peas into a saucepan. If you want the peas to boil until mashed, add 0.5 tsp. soda. Also keep in mind that when cooking, split peas from the halves will soften better. Whole grains cannot do this completely.
8. Bring the broth to a boil again.
9. Place the vegetable soup dressing in a saucepan. It contains a twisted tomato, bell peppers, onions and salt. I do this preparation every year in the fall. When added to soup, the dish gains an amazing aroma and taste. If not, flavor your meal with your favorite spices and herbs.
Optionally, if you are used to cooking soup with fried, add onions and carrots sautéed in a pan in vegetable oil.
10. Bring the soup to a boil and simmer, covered, until the peas are tender. This will take approximately 45 minutes. For a thicker soup, place the peeled and diced potatoes 30 minutes before cooking.
10 minutes before cooking, put allspice, peas and bay leaf into the soup. Although you can put them as you wish, because we used them when cooking broth. Season the soup with black pepper, salt and any spices. I used dried ground paprika and suneli hops.
11. Bring soup to a boil, taste and season with salt if necessary. Since there is salt in the vegetable dressing, you may not need to add any more.
12. Season the soup with finely chopped fresh parsley in 1-2 minutes.
Before serving, let the dish brew for 15-20 minutes so that it absorbs odors and acquires a silk texture. Serve pea duck soup with fresh bread, croutons, croutons, croutons.