Step-by-step recipe with a photo of lean creamy soup with lentils and pumpkin at home. Cooking technology and secrets. Selection of products, calorie content and video recipe.
Want to diversify your lunch diet? Here's a delicious new recipe for a nutritious, warming and beautiful creamy soup with lentils and pumpkin. The whole family will love this bright orange soup. The taste is bright and rich, and also masks both pumpkin and lentils. It is simple and quick to prepare, does not require meat broth, and is very satisfying. Ideal for lean and vegetarian menus. But if you wish, when serving, you can add a little cream to the plate, a couple of strips of fried bacon, or replace the water with meat broth.
There are many varieties and types of lentils. But for mashed soups, red lentils are ideal, because when cooked, it turns golden brown, and the pumpkin additionally adds a sunny shade. You can, of course, take other varieties of lentils, but then the soup will not turn out to be such a rich, beautiful color.
It is advisable to take the pumpkin "Butternut", it is nutty, nutmeg, and resembles a pear in shape. She has a smooth yellow-brown skin. The pulp is juicy, sweet and rich orange in color. It is much easier to cook than other pumpkin varieties due to its small size and less fibrous pulp.
See also how to make a soup with lentils and smoked salmon ridges.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 159 kcal.
- Servings Per Container - 3-4
- Cooking time - 45 minutes
- Pumpkin - 250 g
- Ground black pepper - 0.5 tsp or to taste
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Spices and spices to taste
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Lentils - 150 g
- Salt - 1 tsp
Step by step preparation of cream soup with lentils and pumpkin, recipe with photo:
1. Peel the onions and wash them under running water. Cut them into cubes, strips, or any other shape. Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat. Send chopped onions into it and sauté over medium heat until transparent.
2. Peel the pumpkin, remove the fibers and seeds and cut into medium-sized pieces. Transfer the pumpkin to the skillet with onions and continue to fry the foods together until lightly golden brown.
3. Then send the frying to the cooking pot.
4. Place the lentils in a sieve, rinse them under running cold water and send them to the cooking pot with the vegetables.
5. Fill the food with drinking water and place the pot on the stove.
6. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and cook for 20 minutes, covered, until lentils are soft. The lentils will swell and absorb a lot of liquid.
7. When the lentils are ready, dip the blender into the pot.
8. Beat the food until smooth and smooth. If the soup seems thick to you, add water, diluting it to the desired consistency. Season the soup with salt and black pepper and bring to a boil. Spices can be added to the soup for a more beautiful and enveloping flavor. For example, add paprika, turmeric, cumin. Boil the lentil and pumpkin cream soup for 2-3 minutes and remove the pan from the heat. Serve the lean first course with croutons or croutons.
See also the video recipe on how to make pumpkin and lentil cream soup.