A step-by-step recipe with a photo of cooking minestrone in chicken broth with cabbage and zucchini at home. Ingredient combinations, calories and recipe video.
Minestrone is a traditional Italian soup made from seasonal vegetables. This is the main advantage of the dish that you can use almost any vegetables. For this reason, the taste and appearance of the chowder depends on the products used. Italians cook minestrone all year round, buying only seasonal vegetables for their meals. Thus, the soup cooked in May is significantly different from the one cooked in September. Summer light versions of the soup are usually prepared with water, vegetable or chicken broth. In winter, in cold weather, such soups fade into the background, and hearty and warming stews in meat broth become the main ones. In addition to vegetables, the soup can be supplemented with other ingredients: beans, chickpeas and other cereals. They will add additional satiety and taste to your food.
Since September is the most generous month with a variety of vegetables. Therefore, it's time to prepare the most interesting first courses. For example, one of the types of Italian first course impresses with its appetizing taste and bright palette - minestrone in chicken broth with cabbage and zucchini.
See also how to make Italian minestrone soup with meatballs.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 149 kcal.
- Servings - 4-5
- Cooking time - 1 hour 15 minutes
- Chicken (any parts) - 250-300 g
- Greens (any) - to taste
- Young white cabbage - 200 g
- Spices and spices to taste
- Sweet pepper - 1 pc.
- Zucchini - 1 pc.
- Tomatoes - 1-2 pcs.
- Asparagus beans - 100 g
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
Step by step cooking minestrone in chicken broth with cabbage and zucchini, recipe with photo:
1. Wash young zucchini, dry and cut into bars. If the fruit is ripe, peel the hard skin and large seeds from it.
2. Peel the carrots, wash and cut into strips.
3. Peel the bell peppers from the seed box, remove the stalk and cut into strips.
4. Cut off the stalk from both ends of the asparagus beans and cut into 3-4 pieces.
5. Wash, dry and cut the tomatoes in the same shape as the previous vegetables. The method of cutting the products is not important, the main thing is to cut them all into the same shape so that they look beautiful in the dish.
6. Wash the cabbage, dry it and chop it into thin strips.
7. Wash, dry and chop the greens.
8. Wash the chicken or any parts, chop into pieces and put in a cooking pot. If you want a light broth, use chicken breasts, a richer one - wings or thighs.
9. Fill the bird with water and place the pot on the stove.
10. After boiling, remove the formed foam from the broth surface.
11. Cook the broth over low heat for 30-40 minutes, periodically removing the formed foam.
12. Then add the carrots to the pot.
13. After 5-7 minutes add the cabbage.
14. Next, send sweet peppers.
15. After 3 minutes, add the courgettes and tomatoes to the saucepan.
16. Put bay leaves, allspice and peppercorns, salt and pepper.
17. Bring the soup to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
18. Add the green beans to the dish and cook for 4-5 minutes.
19. Add chopped greens, stir, bring to a boil and immediately remove the pan from heat. Leave the minestrone in chicken broth with cabbage and zucchini to infuse for 15 minutes and serve with croutons or croutons.
See also the video recipe on how to cook minestrone with green beans.