A step-by-step recipe with a photo of okroshka in chicken broth with radishes and mustard. Nutritious cold first course and low calorie content. Video recipe.
Summer… heat… I want something cold… It's time for cold soups. The first place among them is occupied by the union of summer soup and chicken broth - okroshka. Easy to digest by the stomach and during cooking! Just right for hot days! With this fresh chowder, there is minimal contact with the stove. More fresh vegetables are used, and having cut a whole pan of cold okroshka, you can forget about the kitchen for several days. If you are an advocate of healthy eating, this is a good and wholesome culinary masterpiece of the peasantry. This okroshka will be eaten with pleasure by both adults and children.
There are many options for making summer soup. Okroshka is made with kefir, kvass, sour cream, broth. In this review, we will prepare the last option. Mustard is added to the dish for a bitter taste, and radish for freshness. Instead of mustard, horseradish will give bitterness well. Okroshka was acidified with sour cream and citric acid, this is what gives it an additional refreshing effect on a hot summer day. But lemon juice and even vinegar will do well for this task. Of all the broth options, chicken is best suited for this dish. It will give the lightness that is so loved in okroshka. The beef and pork broth will make the stew very heavy and turn it into a cold soup.
See also how to cook the winter version of okroshka.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 185 kcal.
- Servings - 6
- Cooking time - 30 minutes for slicing food, plus time for boiling and cooling potatoes with eggs and broth
- Chicken broth - 2.5 l
- Mustard - 1 tablespoon
- Chicken leg - 1 pc. for broth
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Potatoes - 3 pcs.
- Sour cream - 500 ml
- Cucumbers - 2 pcs.
- Citric acid - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 4 pcs.
- Dill - bunch
- Milk sausage - 300 g
- Green onions - bunch
- Radish - 6 pcs.
Step by step cooking okroshka in chicken broth with radishes and mustard, recipe with photo:
1. Cook the broth for the dish in advance, for example, in the evening, so that it cools down in the morning. How to cook the broth correctly, you can read on the pages of the site using the search line.
Remove the chicken leg from the broth. Separate the meat from the bones and cut the meat into medium sized pieces.
2. Boil potatoes with eggs in advance: potatoes in jackets, eggs - hard boiled. Refrigerate food well. Then peel the potatoes and cut into medium-sized cubes.
3. Peel the eggs and cut them to the size of potatoes.
4. Remove the wrapping film from the sausage and cut into cubes. The size of the food should not be too large or small. Usually everything is cut into cubes with sides of 0.5-0.7 mm.
5. Wash the cucumbers and dry with a paper towel. Cut off the ends on both sides and cut like previous products. All ingredients in the dish must be cut to the same size.
6. Wash the radishes, dry them, cut off the stalk and cut them like cucumbers.
7. Dill with green onions, wash, dry and chop. Place all food in a large saucepan.
8. Combine sour cream with mustard in a deep container.
9. Stir the sour cream dressing well.
10. Send the sour cream dressing to the food pot.
11. Stir the food like a salad. If the dressing is added to okroshka diluted with broth, the sour cream in the liquid will not dissolve well, and may float on the surface in flakes.
12. Pour the chicken broth into a saucepan through fine filtration.
13. Stir okroshka in chicken broth with radishes and mustard. Season it with salt and citric acid.Send okroshka to the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to infuse and cool, then serve it to the table.
See also a video recipe on how to cook okroshka in chicken broth.