A step-by-step recipe for making okroshka with beets. A nutritious, yet light and low-calorie first cold meal. The subtleties of cooking and a video recipe.
The basic composition of okroshka is potatoes, boiled eggs, fresh cucumbers, boiled sausage, meat, herbs, and also the liquid that makes okroshka okroshka. But, as with every recipe, you can experiment endlessly with this dish. For example, instead of meat, put any sausages, radishes are often added, garlic dressing, etc. In a word, there are many ways to modify okroshka and make it tasty. Therefore, depending on the ingredients, everyone will find a dish for themselves that will suit their taste. Today we will make not only tasty, but also colorful okroshka, where bright beets are soloing. Many people know the cold first course as a cold beetroot and beetroot dominated by beets. This experimental version of the dish, similar to the beetroot soup, is prepared without the beetroot liquid used to prepare the classic recipe.
Thanks to its beautiful rich burgundy color, the refreshing soup will not go unnoticed. Beets, in addition to their amazing color, give okroshka a new taste. For okroshka with beets, you can use pickled, boiled or baked beets. It is convenient to buy pickled root vegetables in jars and store them in reserve. Boiled and baked beets can also be purchased in supermarkets or prepared by yourself.
See also how to cook lean okroshka with red caviar.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 129 kcal.
- Servings - 6
- Cooking time - 30 minutes for slicing food, plus time for boiling vegetables
- Boiled beets in peel - 2-3 pcs. depending on the size
- Drinking cold water - 3 l
- Boiled potatoes in their uniforms - 3-4 pcs.
- Citric acid - 0.5 tsp
- Hard boiled eggs - 5 pcs.
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Fresh cucumbers (frozen in the recipe) - 3 pcs.
- Milk sausage - 350 g
- Chives (fresh or frozen) - bunch
- Dill (fresh or frozen) - bunch
- Sour cream - 500 ml
Step by step cooking okroshka with beets, recipe with photo:
1. Peel the boiled and chilled beets, cut into cubes and send to the saucepan.
Note: how to cook beets correctly (so that they retain their bright color), potatoes (so that the peel does not break up and crack), eggs (so that the yolk does not turn blue and the shell does not crack) you will find step-by-step recipes with photos on the pages of the site. To do this, use the search string.
2. Peel the potatoes, chop and add to the beets.
Note: all food in the dish should be cut the same for the okroshka to look good.
3. Peel the eggs, cut and send after the potatoes into the pan.
4. Peel the milk sausage from the packaging film, cut into pieces and add to the saucepan.
5. Add cucumbers, green onions and dill to the saucepan. You do not need to defrost frozen food, they will thaw right in the dish. If you use fresh herbs, wash the food, dry it with a paper towel and chop it.
6. Pour cold drinking boiled water over the food.
Note: Since in most cases the liquid greatly affects the taste of the finished dish, you can use other liquids instead of drinking water. For example, dietary okroshka will be based on kvass and mineral carbonated water. A more satisfying and high-calorie dish will turn out on kefir, natural yogurt and chicken broth.
7. Add sour cream to the saucepan.
8. Salt the dish and add citric acid.
9. Mix okroshka with beets well to distribute the food evenly. Send it to cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.Then serve to the table. If okroshka is not cold enough, you can add an ice cube to each plate.
See also a video recipe on how to cook beetroot or beetroot okroshka.