Are you wondering how to cook a cream soup from dried porcini mushrooms in a new way? A great idea - lean lentil cream soup with dried porcini mushrooms. Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
Lean Lentil Cream Soup with Dried Porcini Mushrooms is a concentrated mushroom soup for lovers of delicious vegetarian dishes. This is a royal gourmet dish, perfect for gourmet guests or special occasions. Its result is excellent and the taste is refined. It is rich and very aromatic. Despite the fact that there is no meat in it, it turns out to be satisfying and nutritious, because it contains mushrooms and lentils.
The main ingredient in the chowder is dry porcini mushrooms. If there are none, then buy at least 5 g of them, and use any other forest varieties for the remaining 35-45 g. Because it is porcini mushrooms that give the perfect rich mushroom broth and flavor. If you use oyster mushrooms or champignons, be sure to take a fragrant mushroom seasoning. If you have frozen mushrooms, fry them beforehand.
Red lentils have a delicate and mild flavor. It contains many healing properties that are especially needed during fasting. First of all, it is a precious vegetable protein, fiber, a minimum of fats, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids and a wide range of vitamins and minerals. Any variety of lentils will work for the soup, but keep in mind that different varieties are cooked at different times. The dish with red lentils is prepared the fastest and tastes better. In addition, the soup looks prettier with her.
See also how to make a creamy champignon soup.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 198 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 45 minutes
- Dried porcini mushrooms - 45-50 g
- Salt - 2/3 tsp or to taste
- Lentils - 100 g
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Potatoes - 1 pc.
- Olive or vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon
Step by step preparation of lean lentil cream soup with dried porcini mushrooms, recipe with photo:
1. Pour boiling water over the dried porcini mushrooms and leave for half an hour. If you fill them with cold water, soak the mushrooms for 1-1.5 hours.
Peel the potatoes, wash, cut into cubes and place in a cooking pot. Sort out the lentils, removing the stones, if any, put in a sieve and rinse under running water. Then send to the pot with the potatoes.
2. Cover the mushrooms and leave to infuse.
3. Pour drinking water into a saucepan and place on the stove to cook. After boiling, heat to minimum, cover the pot and cook until tender and tender, about 20 minutes.
4. After a while, dried mushrooms are saturated with moisture and increase in volume.
5. Remove the mushrooms from the brine and cut into medium slices. Fry them in a skillet in olive oil or vegetable oil over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Do not pour out the brine in which the mushrooms were soaked.
6. When the potatoes and lentils are cooked, remove the pot from the stove.
7. Place a blender in it and puree the vegetables until smooth.
8. Put the fried mushrooms in a saucepan with vegetable puree.
9. Pour the mushroom brine into the pan through a fine sieve or cheesecloth, in which the mushrooms were soaked.
10. Season food with salt and black pepper.
11. Depending on the desired thickness of the dish, add drinking water to the pan or leave the amount of liquid as it is. Stir well the lean lentil cream soup with the dried porcini mushrooms. Place the pot on the stove and boil.Cook everything together for 5-7 minutes over low heat, covered. Pour the finished dish into plates, and add a spoonful of cream or sour cream to each serving, if desired. It is delicious to eat such a soup with croutons or crackers.
See also the video recipe on how to make lean mushroom puree soup.