Do you want to know how the Italian minestrone soup with chicken broth appeared and how to cook it in your kitchen? Then you are welcome to the article. Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
Minestrone is the most popular Italian soup with many ingredients that are not limited. Without lying, we can safely say that, as many Italians, there are so many variants of this recipe. Minestrone is not just a soup, but a symbol of Italian nutritional principles. This is a light stew, usually in water or vegetable broth, but chicken or beef broth is fine. Pasta is added to the soup, sometimes rice and legumes (peas or beans) for satiety. But the main thing here is a set of any seasonal vegetables, although it is allowed to use them frozen. Healthy foods are a significant plus of meals.
Minestrone with vegetable broth is a variant of the soup, which is especially good for summer and early autumn, when there is an abundance of fresh vegetables and you don't want hearty food at all. In winter cold, light stew fades into the background, and the warming and hearty minestrone soup with chicken broth becomes the main thing on the menu. The winter version of this soup is prepared with potatoes, all types of cabbage, carrots, and onions. Frozen vegetables like bell peppers, green beans, zucchini, green peas come to the rescue. Due to the large abundance of vegetables, the minestrone turns out to be very thick, but the cook adjusts the consistency of the soup at his discretion.
See also how to make Italian minestrone soup with meatballs.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 208 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 1 hour 15 minutes
- Chicken (any parts or offal) - 300 g
- Italian spice mixture - 1 tsp
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Bay leaf - 1 pc.
- Sweet bell pepper - 1 pc. (recipe uses frozen)
- Potatoes - 2 pcs.
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper - 0.5 tsp
Step by step preparation of Italian minestrone soup in chicken broth, recipe with photo:
1. If you have a whole carcass, wash it, remove excess fat and cut into medium sized pieces. Select the parts you will use for the recipe. It can be wings, a neck, a ridge … Put the selected parts into a cooking pot.
2. Pour potable water over the chicken and place on the stove.
3. After boiling, remove the foam from the surface of the broth, turn the heat to the minimum setting and cook the broth for 45 minutes. If foam forms during cooking, remove it, otherwise the broth will be cloudy.
4. Meanwhile, peel, wash and slice the potatoes and carrots.
5. Send the chopped vegetables to the broth. Boil and boil for 10 minutes.
6. Then send sweet bell peppers. If it is frozen, you do not need to defrost it, it will thaw in the soup. Peel fresh fruits of the stalk, seed box and internal partitions. Wash and cut into strips or cubes.
7. Season food with salt, black pepper, Italian spice mixture and bay leaf. Boil the Italian minestrone soup with chicken broth and cook for another 5 minutes. At the end of cooking, you can season it with chopped fresh, dried or frozen herbs.
See also the video recipe on how to cook Italian vegetable minestrone soup.