Usually duck is cooked in the oven. But today we will change traditions and learn how to cook a fragrant and rich fried soup with duck and vegetables. Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
Fried soup with duck and vegetables is a very tasty and rich hunting soup, which is also very healthy. This dish is a real storehouse of vitamins A, K and vitamins B. Duck soup is different from chicken broth dish. It has a peculiar taste and a very characteristic aroma that cannot be confused with anything. Therefore, some do not really like duck broth soups, but these are a minority. At the stage of broth preparation, the taste of the soup can be adjusted by seasonings and spices. For example, add leeks, carrots, thyme, black pepper, star anise, ginger, allspice … The rich taste of the broth perfectly withstands the proximity of other products. The main thing is that they complement each other, and not conflict.
Plus, this soup doesn't require a whole bird. You can use carcass parts, backbones, trimmings, bones with leftover meat, offal, or leftover pieces from oven cooking. This will make a great broth anyway. Thus, the maximum benefit is obtained from the poultry. For example, breasts are good for a snack or salad, legs for a main course, and ridges and trims for soup. Therefore, if a duck is a frequent visitor to you, put ridges and other leftovers in the refrigerator, and when a few pieces accumulate, cook a pot of soup.
See also how to make grilled chicken vegetable soup.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 206 kcal.
- Servings - 4-5
- Cooking time - 1 hour 45 minutes
- Duck (any parts) - 300 g
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Tomato puree (frozen in the recipe) - 100 g
- Potatoes - 2 pcs.
- Greens (any) - bunch (frozen in the recipe)
- Allspice peas - 4 pcs.
- Adjika - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
Step by step preparation of fried soup with duck and vegetables, recipe with photo:
1. Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick saucepan or skillet. Wash the duck, remove excess fat, clean the black tan and chop it into pieces. Select the parts you will use for the soup and send it to the pot. Fry the duck over high heat until golden brown.
2. Peel the carrots, wash, chop into bars and send to the pan to the meat. Reduce heat to medium mode and continue to fry food.
3. Peel the potatoes, wash, cut into slices and send to the pan.
4. When all the products are golden brown, add adjika to the pan.
5. Next, send frozen tomato puree. You do not need to defrost it beforehand. You can use fresh mashed potatoes or finely chopped tomatoes instead.
6. Fill the food with drinking water, salt and pepper. Add bay leaves and allspice peas. Bring the dish to a boil, cover the pot and reduce the temperature to the lowest setting. Continue to cook fried duck and vegetable soup until all ingredients are cooked through, about 20 minutes. Season the chowder with chopped herbs 5 minutes before cooking.
See also the video recipe on how to make duck soup.