A step-by-step recipe with a photo of cooking a stewed rabbit in sour cream with cinnamon at home. Nutritional value, calorie content and video recipe.
Rabbit meat is considered white meat. It is low in calories and surpasses beef, pork and lamb in protein content. Thanks to this, rabbit meat is suitable for baby food and people with an active lifestyle. But many housewives do not even know how to cook a rabbit deliciously. For those who have not yet come across this type of meat in cooking, below is a simple rabbit dish, which is prepared by stewing in a deep frying pan, stewpan or cauldron.
Meat can be supplemented with a laconic set of products from onions and carrots, or you can use more original solutions accompanied by exquisite sauces, gravies and spices. For example, a rabbit will turn out to be soft, tender and juicy and will lose its specific smell if extinguished in sour cream. The recipe is quite simple - the pieces of rabbit are fried, then poured with sour cream, and then the dish is prepared in the oven, slow cooker or on the stove. For originality and piquancy of the dish, I added ground cinnamon. Such a sauce will turn out to be moderately thick and aromatic, and thanks to the spices it will turn the dish into a real culinary masterpiece.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 149 kcal kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 2 hours
- Rabbit - 0.5 carcasses
- Sour cream - 200 ml
- Ground black pepper - 0.5 tsp or to taste
- Salt - 1 tsp no slide or to taste
- Refined vegetable oil - for frying
- Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp
Step-by-step cooking of stewed rabbit in sour cream with cinnamon, recipe with photo:
1. Wash and dry the rabbit first with a paper towel. Remove excess fat and chop into portions. I already had it divided into parts. The size of the pieces can be any, at your discretion. It is not recommended to use an ax when cutting the carcass; it is necessary to cut the carcass into pieces with scissors or a knife at the joint in order to preserve the integrity of the bones.
To make the result of the finished dish pleasing, choose a bloodless carcass, and be sure to have "proof" that you have rabbit meat in front of you: they usually leave a paw or a tail. Ideal meat of a delicate pink color with minor fat streaks. This is what distinguishes a young rabbit. If the meat is rich in color, it means that the animal is old and must be well marinated before cooking, otherwise the fibers will turn out to be tough. It is soaked in a vinegar solution (1 liter of water per 1 tsp of vinegar) or the vinegar is replaced with citrus juice in the same volume, for example, lemon. In addition, the meat of an old animal can have a pungent smell that not everyone likes. If you get the carcass of a very young rabbit, it can be soaked and soaked in regular drinking water to keep it fragrant.
Put the pan on the stove, add vegetable oil and heat well. Instead of oil, you can use the animal's internal fat that has been extracted. To do this, put it in a pan and melt, then remove and discard.
When the pan with oil or fat is well heated, lay out the rabbit pieces. They should be placed in one layer, and not be piled up in a mountain, otherwise the meat will begin to stew, and not fry, and will release a lot of juice, which will make it dry.
Set a high heat on the stove and fry the crab pieces on all sides until golden brown. Do not season with salt at this stage. It will promote the release of juice from the meat, which will also lead to dryness of the dish.
2. When the meat is golden, pour the sour cream into the pan. The percentage of its fat content is not important, it only affects the calorie content of the dish.Industrial sour cream gives a slight sourness. If it doesn't suit your taste, use country sour cream or 15-20% cream. I also recommend trying to stew meat in milk, it will soften the fibers well and the meat will acquire tenderness. Beer, soy sauce, and, of course, white wines and cognac are also often added to the rabbit. Alcohol gives the dish a pleasant nutmeg flavor and delicious aroma.
When stewing, the rabbit can be supplemented with vegetables, aromatic herbs, berries and mushrooms. Meat goes especially well with apples, for example, Antonovka. The fruits will add a more pleasant aroma and piquancy.
3. Season food with ground cinnamon, salt and black pepper. If you wish, you can add any other spices and herbs to your liking. Rabbit meat goes well with most spices, taking on their taste and gaining piquancy.
4. Mix everything well and bring to a boil. Cover the pan with a lid, simmer and simmer the rabbit in sour cream and cinnamon for 1, 5 hours. Although you can cook the dish in any way convenient for you. The multicooker will take longer to cook the dish than on the stove. The most delicious rabbit meat will turn out if you cook it in the oven at 180 degrees for 1.5 hours. It turns out rabbit meat stewed in tender and dietary sour cream. Such a main course is not only rich in flavor palette, but also beautifully served.