A treat for a festive and everyday table - vanilla ice cream made from cream without boiling at home. Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
Both adults and children enjoy ice cream. And on the eve of the summer season, thoughts about ice cream come more and more often. It is difficult to count how many types of ice cream are sold in stores today. A huge assortment allows everyone to enjoy their favorite taste - from sugary sweet crème brulee to green tea ice cream. It can be pure ice cream and with additives, creamy and milk, chocolate and fruit, in waffle cups and chocolate glaze, with various fillings, etc. The imagination of chefs and designers does not stand still and every season, we see its new masterpieces.
In addition to all the advantages of a summer dessert, there is one more wonderful plus - all kinds of desserts, cocktails, smoothies are prepared from ice cream. And also your favorite dessert is not difficult to prepare yourself at home. Homemade ice cream tastes much better than industrial ice cream. If you want to see this for yourself, make vanilla ice cream from cream without boiling at home according to the proposed recipe. And in parallel with this, you will enjoy a fascinating, beautiful and creative culinary process. Below is an educational program for making ice cream at home. There is nothing complicated here, but general principles and some recommendations of experienced chefs should be taken into account.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 359 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 30 minutes of active work, 10 hours for freezing
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Sugar - 100 g
- Vanillin - 0.5 tsp
- Cream with a fat content of 33% - 200 ml (the taste of ice cream depends on the fat content, the most delicate and creamy taste will be obtained from the product with the maximum fat content)
Step by step preparation of vanilla ice cream from cream without boiling, recipe with photo:
1. Wash the eggs, dry them with a paper towel and break the shells. Carefully separate the whites into yolks and place them separately in separate bowls. Protein should be in a clean and dry bowl without a drop of fat and water. Otherwise, they will not beat correctly. For the same reason, make sure that not a single drop of yolk gets to the whites.
2. Set aside the yolks and beat the whites with a mixer at medium speed.
3. Then gradually increase the speed and beat at high speed until a white, stable mass is formed. Check the doneness of the proteins by turning the bowl over. They must remain motionless and not fall out of it.
4. Set aside the whipped egg whites and use the cream.
5. Add sugar to them. You can do it all at once, or you can add it gradually.
6. Begin to beat the egg whites with a mixer at a moderate speed.
7. Increase it gradually as the cream thickens. When the mass is thick and fluffy, the cream is considered well-whipped.
8. Now get down to the yolks. Add vanillin or vanilla sugar to these. But a natural vanilla pod will give you a flavor that vanillin can't.
The egg yolks in this recipe act as a thickener. In addition to them, a homemade thickener can be gelatin, starch, agar-agar. Without a thickener, ice cream will be hard, rough and fast-melting. If you are preparing an ice cream with the most popular product - gelatin, then soak it in advance and then heat it up. Use gelatin for ice cream in a ratio of 0.5 g per 0.5 kg.
9. If you wish, you can add more sugar to the yolks.
10. Beat the yolks with a mixer until fluffy and lemon-colored.
eleven.Then add the whipped whites to the yolks in a spoonful and knead them slowly in one direction so that they do not settle. The resulting mass should look like sour cream.
12. Then add whipped cream and stir slowly until smooth. If you wish, you can add any products for taste to an already homogeneous mass: coconut flakes, crushed chocolate or nuts, mint leaves, banana or avocado puree, mango pieces, condensed milk, jam, etc. If you add powdered milk to ice cream, the delicacy will acquire a velvety texture and delicate taste. To make the ice cream softer and airy, add 50 g of cognac or rum to the creamy mixture. But then the dessert will take longer to freeze, because alcohol increases its freezing time.
13. If you have an electric ice cream maker, make ice cream in it, this is the easiest way to make homemade ice cream. A modern device, in the freezing process, will mix the mass at the right time and will maintain the ideal temperature. But before placing the mixture in it, cool the container.
If you do not have such a kitchen appliance, transfer the resulting mixture to a container that can be placed in the freezer and send it to the chamber. The only difference will be in the time and effort spent. The most important thing in making homemade ice cream without an ice cream maker is to mix it thoroughly during the freezing process. Therefore, take it out every hour and beat with a mixer throughout the entire freezing cycle. This can be 7-8 times, and when it is no longer possible to do this, stir it with a spoon.
You can also add portions using plastic cups or silicone muffin cups. In them, whipping with a mixer will not work, but only stir with a spoon.
Store uncooked vanilla ice cream in the freezer in a container with a lid, as it quickly absorbs surrounding odors, loses its taste and aroma.