4 original recipes with photos of making almond cake at home. Cooking Tips and Chefs' Secrets. Video recipes.
Dessert is a decoration of any festive table. Sweets always cheer you up and charge you with positive emotions. And the most popular festive delicacy is a beautiful and delicious cake. Of course, you can buy it in a store, but a piece of homemade cake, Napoleon, Medovik, Prague … will delight both the hero of the occasion and the guests. In this material, we have selected TOP-4 simple and delicious recipes for almond cake. It will suit both a festive feast and a family everyday tea party.
Cooking Tips & Chef Secrets
- Before use, clean almonds (nuts) from impurities and remove the shell.
- It is advisable to remove the brown husk from the nuts before cooking. To do this, pour boiling water over the almonds and leave for a few minutes. The skin comes off easily.
- Most often, nuts are crushed into small crumbs or flour. Moreover, both for use in cakes and in cream.
- Before chopping nuts, it is advisable to pre-fry the peeled kernels in a dry frying pan.
- Almond cakes are soft, like honey cakes or biscuits, and crunchy if the cakes are made from whipped proteins and sugar.
- The protein mass with almonds for the cakes is sent to bake immediately after cooking. If it stands for a long time, a crust will form on the surface, and large cracks will turn out when baking.
- The time for baking protein cake layers is 25-35 minutes at 150-160 ° C, for smaller cakes - 19-23 minutes.
- Higher temperatures will form large cracks, an unbaked crumb, a thick crust and a burnt appearance.
- The finished semi-finished product should have a thin golden brown crust with small cracks.
- Check the readiness of the protein cakes with a toothpick. If it is dry, remove it from the oven.
- To decorate the cake, you can use almond petals, which are better to fry a little in a dry frying pan beforehand.
Swedish almond cake
Swedish almond cake is a classic dessert recipe. It has a special nutty taste and aroma. It is moderately sweet and will not leave anyone indifferent. It is especially pleasant to drink a cup of tea or coffee with him.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 529 kcal.
- Servings - 1 cake
- Cooking time - 1 hour 45 minutes
- Egg whites - 4 pcs.
- Almond petals - 100 g
- Almonds - 250 g
- Powdered sugar - 120 g
- Sugar - 100 g Starch - 30 g
- Black chocolate - 100 g
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Egg yolks - 4 pcs.
- Butter - 200 g
- Milk - 200 ml
Making Swedish Almond Cake:
- Place the almonds in a blender and crush them into small pieces.
- Whisk the egg whites into an airy white foam, add the powdered sugar and beat until firm peaks are firm. They shouldn't fall off the spoon.
- Pour the almond crumbs into the whipped egg whites and stir in gently.
- Put the resulting dough in a split baking dish, greased with a thin layer of butter.
- Send the mold to a preheated oven to 175 ° C for 20 minutes.
- Leave the finished cake in the mold for 10 minutes, then take it out and place it on the wire rack until it cools completely. Cut the almond crust lengthwise into 2 pieces.
- For the cake custard, pour milk into a ladle, add yolks, sugar, vanilla extract and starch.
- Stir the contents and place in a water bath. While stirring constantly, bring to a boil (but do not boil), remove from heat and cool.
- Beat the butter with a mixer until fluffy and add to the cooled mass of yolks.
- Lay the almond cakes on top of each other with a cream. Also grease the sides of the cake.
- Decorate the top and sides of the product by sprinkling with almond petals and grated chocolate.
- Place the Swedish almond cake in a cold soak place.
Almond flour cake
A little culinary excellence - a wonderful almond flour cake with a special nutty magic taste and aroma. There is nothing superfluous in it, and preparation is completely simple.
- Almond flakes - 100 g
- Almonds - 200 g
- Eggs - 4 pcs.
- Sugar - 240 g
- Cream 30% - 100 ml
- Butter - 225 g
Making almond flour cake:
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- For cream, add sugar (80 g) to the yolks, cream and place on the stove. Keep on medium heat until creamy, whisking all the time with a hand whisk. Don't let it boil.
- Remove the pan from heat and cool in a cold water bath whilst whisking.
- Combine soft butter with cream and whisk everything until smooth. Put the cream in the refrigerator.
- For the cakes, beat the whites until fluffy and firm peaks, adding sugar a little.
- Dry the almonds in a dry frying pan until golden brown, chop until fine crumbs and gently add into the whites while continuing to beat.
- Divide the dough in two and place on a baking sheet with baking paper, forming cakes with a diameter of 22 cm.
- Place both baking sheets at the same time in a preheated oven to 175 ° C on the first and second shelf. After 10 minutes, swap them and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the finished cakes from the baking sheet and leave to cool completely. Then grease them with cream and coat the sides of the product.
- Sprinkle almond leaves on top and sides and refrigerate for 6 hours.
Almond coconut cake
Silk butter cream with coconut and chocolate flavors and aromatic biscuit with the addition of the same coconut and almond flour. This almond-coconut cake will not leave anyone indifferent.
- Eggs - 4 pcs.
- Sugar - 120 g
- Milk - 100 ml
- Vegetable oil - 40 ml
- Almond flour - 35 g
- Coconut flakes - 35 g per dough, 30 g for impregnation and assembly
- Wheat flour - 125 g
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- White chocolate - 200 g
- Cream 33-35% - 200 g
- Coconut cream - 200 g
- Mascarpone - 250 g
- Cream thickener - 2 sachets
- Coconut milk - 200 ml
- Vanilla sugar - 10 g
Cooking Almond Coconut Cake:
- For a biscuit, separate the yolks from the whites and beat with sugar until creamy.
- Pour milk with vegetable oil into them, add almond flour with coconut and add sifted wheat flour with baking powder. Stir everything until smooth.
- Whisk the whites with a pinch of salt until they reach strong peaks and mix into the dough in 3 doses to preserve the splendor.
- Line a baking dish with parchment and lay out the biscuit dough. Bake it for 40 minutes at 160 ° C. Cool and cut into 3 cakes.
- For the cream, bring the cream and coconut cream to a near boil. Finely grate the chocolate and send to the cream. Stir until the pieces are completely thawed to form a smooth emulsion (ganache). Refrigerate.
- Then mix it with the mascarpone and beat with a mixer until thickened.
- For impregnation, mix coconut milk with vanilla sugar and saturate each cake with 3-4 tablespoons. syrup.
- Collect the cake. To do this, sprinkle each soaked crust with coconut and spread the cream on top.
- Brush the ends of the cake with cream and sprinkle generously the top and sides with coconut or almond petals. Put the cake in the cold for 6 hours
Almond Chocolate Cake
Quick and easy, and the result is a delicate and aromatic almond-chocolate cake. The dessert is extremely tasty, because almonds go well with chocolate.
- Almonds - 150 g
- Butter -120 g
- Sugar - 100 g
- Dark chocolate - 130 g
- Eggs - 3 pcs.
- Salt - a pinch
- Powdered sugar - 2 tablespoons
Cooking Almond Chocolate Cake:
- Melt the chocolate with soft butter in a water bath.
- Chop the almonds not very finely and mix with the melted chocolate.
- Separate the yolks from the proteins.
- Add sugar to the yolks and beat with a mixer.
- Whisk the whites with salt until a white, airy firm mass is formed and mix with the chocolate mass.
- Line a baking dish with baking paper and pour out the mixture.
- Send the workpiece to a preheated oven to 180 ° C for 30 minutes.
- Cool the finished almond-chocolate cake, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with a scoop of ice cream.