Buckwheat is popular not only among athletes as a source of protein, but also among people who are losing weight. Find out what fasting days on buckwheat are and what it can be combined with. Most people are well aware of how good buckwheat is for health. And those who have problems with being overweight have probably heard about the possibilities of buckwheat to effectively fight body fat.
Pros and cons of fasting days on buckwheat
To reveal the advantages of fasting days on buckwheat, it is enough to name the main properties of the main product of the express diet.
- Buckwheat is rich in composition, it contains a whole vitamin complex, which has such a beneficial effect on the human body. B2, B6, B1, P, PP, copper, phosphorus, potassium, iodine, iron, magnesium - all this is concentrated in buckwheat alone.
- Buckwheat is great for people with low hemoglobin levels.
- Almost every cereal contains a large amount of vitamins, but it is in buckwheat that rutin is found, which slows down the aging process. This element is especially useful for people with cardiovascular diseases. Individuals who cannot get rid of the vascular network on the face and body are advised to eat foods that contain vitamin R.
- It should be noted the lysine content. This amino acid aims to help the body absorb calcium. Interestingly, the body is not able to produce lysine, so the amino acid enters it only through food, including buckwheat.
- Many nutritionists advise eating foods with a low glycemic index to fight hunger, but at the same time, such foods do not lead to obesity. Buckwheat is in this category of food that does not get better.
- Including buckwheat in the diet, you consume a product with a lot of fiber, it also helps to normalize the bowel function.
During fasting days, which are a complete rejection of food, eating only one product for several days or restricting food for only one day, the human body gets rid of toxins, cholesterol and toxins. Such a diet can be great for people who are prone to obesity, or those who have obvious extra pounds of weight. Shaking the body leads to the fact that fats under the skin begin to decrease, and excess water - to leave.
Some losing weight, noticing a good result after going through the express diet, continue to follow the same diet for the next few days, which is unacceptable. The body has recently received a kind of stress, not receiving the required amount of useful components, so it will begin to deposit fat reserves in different areas of the body. At the same time, fat cells do not disappear, they decrease and wait for the owner to start eating well again. When this happens, there is even more weight gain, as the fat cells are afraid of repeating the fast.
The most popular fasting days are dairy and cereals. True, fermented milk products may not suit everyone, but cereals are the opposite. A buckwheat diet can be beneficial for atherosclerosis, hypertension, limb edema, liver disease, and osteoarthritis.
Weight loss during the buckwheat diet is not accompanied by painful sensations, fatigue, dizziness, as can be observed when losing weight on a lemon-honey or cabbage diet, for example.
If you read reviews on women's forums about fasting diets on buckwheat, then in most cases they are positive. Representatives of the fair sex notice that after restrictions on food, the sides and fat from other problem areas of the body decrease. The disadvantages of the diet include a severe restriction of foods that can be consumed during fasting days.
In what cases it is impossible to sit on a buckwheat diet
Be sure to consider the contraindications to the buckwheat diet:
- Do not risk making yourself fasting days during pregnancy, because being in an interesting position, you will simply need carbohydrates. Moreover, while carrying a child, you need to worry more about the health of the unborn child, and only then, after his birth, for correcting your figure.
- Some people have an intolerance to one or another product. If your body is not able to accept porridge, you should not test it, choose other types of fasting days for yourself.
- With diseases of the duodenum, with gastritis and ulcers, be sure to consult a doctor for advice and treatment so that you can start a fasting diet on buckwheat.
If during the fasting days you notice any rashes on the skin, stop the diet immediately. You should also be wary in case of skin itching for no unprecedented reason, observation of red spots or other signs of allergic reactions.
The essence of fasting days
On the unloading day, you can sit on buckwheat once every two weeks, while in just one day a person can lose up to 1-2 kg of excess weight. The diet is very modest and consists only of porridge, water or green tea. Try to adhere to the following recommendations to achieve maximum results:
- Usually the fasting diet is designed for one day, but if you want to lose more weight, you can allocate two days for this express program.
- Do not tire your body with physical exercises, since all its forces should be concentrated on self-purification. Do yoga, stretching, or cycling.
- The amount of the consumed portion should depend on your body weight and energy expenditure. If you decide to supplement the porridge with vegetables and fruits, then their mass should not be more than 2 kg, with protein food - 700 g.
- You should not use laxatives or diuretics during fasting days, because the body must cleanse itself.
- To think less about food, do some business. Work, study, watch TV, embroider, etc., but don't worry about eating. Drink a glass of water if hunger persists. By the way, water must be drunk without fail and often.
- After completing the express diet, switch to your usual diet slowly to prevent the appearance of health problems.
- Try to eliminate fried, smoked, sweet and salty foods from your diet 3-4 days before your diet to prepare your digestive tract for the upcoming unloading.
There is sometimes controversy about how to properly prepare porridge for weight loss. Many women prefer to cook buckwheat in the usual usual way, but nutritionists assure that the best option is to steam it. The reason for this disagreement on the part of doctors lies in the fact that boiled cereals lose more useful properties than steamed ones.
If you decide on such an express diet, prepare for its beginning in advance, for this in the evening pour 500 ml of boiling water 250 g of buckwheat and close the container with a lid. Wrap the container with a towel. The use of oil or any spices at the time of preparation or consumption is prohibited. The next morning, divide the resulting porridge into 4 or 5 equal parts, depending on how many times a day you intend to eat. In any case, doctors and nutritionists recommend eating fractionally, approximately every 2.5-3 hours. Try to be in time before 19:00, as after this time you cannot eat. It is allowed to drink clean water without gas or green tea without sugar all day long.
Despite the fact that brown fried cereals are usually sold in grocery stores, there is also green buckwheat that has not been cooked. If you ever see green buckwheat on the counter, grab it and run to the checkout, because just such a product is a treasure of many substances useful for the body. Brown buckwheat is inferior in usefulness to green buckwheat, in which all the nutrients are preserved, but it has a better taste and is much more familiar in the diet. For fasting days, it is better to take green cereals, but if you do not like its taste, you can use brown, only with a light shade.
The difference between brown and golden grains is that the product of a lighter shade was not fried for so long, which means that not all of its nutrients were destroyed during processing. Try to find buckwheat with whole grains, and not crushed, it is in the kernel that vitamins and minerals are better preserved.
Of course, there is only one product and it is very difficult to refuse supplements in the form of salad, sauces, meat or fish. Fortunately, unloading on buckwheat can be varied with apples, kefir, milk or vegetables. At the same time, you can supplement porridge with only one thing.
Diet on buckwheat and apples
As a result of research, European microbiologists have confirmed that regular use of apples promotes an increase in bacteria in the intestines, which are aimed at preventing the occurrence of rotting and better assimilation of the food consumed. According to American scientists, as a result of eating 3 apples a day, the body loses weight much faster than those who do not include this fruit in their diet. As you can see, the benefits of apples are enormous!
Many nutritionists recommend eating not only fresh but also baked apples. Such fruits, in addition to being high in iron and vitamins, also fight bad cholesterol. Keep in mind that apples increase your appetite.
If you decide to make a fasting day on buckwheat and apples, during the diet you will need to eat buckwheat porridge and green apples between meals. Three apples a day are enough. Why green? It's all about the lower content of fructose and sucrose. Remember that your last meal must be before 19:00.
Express buckwheat diet with milk
If you prefer to eat buckwheat in milk and your body tolerates lactose well, a fasting diet for weight loss based on this dish is just for you. Pour buckwheat with water overnight, and in the morning divide the resulting amount of gruel into 6 servings. Eat buckwheat at regular intervals with the addition of half a glass of low-fat milk. If with other diets it is recommended to drink about two liters of water, then no more than 1.5 liters are allowed here.
Fasting days on buckwheat and kefir
The combination of kefir and buckwheat porridge has a beneficial effect on the human body. Buckwheat is noted for the presence of a substance that promotes better absorption of calcium, which, in turn, is found in large quantities in kefir. Calcium, as everyone knows, perfectly strengthens nails, teeth, hair and bones.
If buckwheat has a gentle effect on the intestines, then the fermented milk product enhances its work, as a result of which the microflora is restored, metabolism is normalized, the digestive system is activated, and fat deposits on the body are reduced. Be prepared to reduce swelling, as kefir removes excess fluid. Go on a diet on weekends, because you will need to go to the toilet more often.
To cook buckwheat with kefir, pour 3 tbsp. tablespoons of cereal with one glass of kefir. In the morning you will have a ready-made swollen porridge, which will need to be divided into 4-6 equal parts. People losing weight on such a diet argued that it was not so difficult to withstand a fasting day on buckwheat and kefir.
Express diet on buckwheat and vegetables
You can lose weight by one or two kilograms in one day by making an unloading diet for your body, including only buckwheat and vegetables in the diet. Buckwheat is prepared in advance, but vegetable salad is prepared before use. The dish may contain chopped cucumbers (3), carrots (2), boiled beets (2) and finely grated white cabbage. Only soy sauce can be used as a dressing, but no salt. Vegetables can be eaten with buckwheat or as a snack between meals.
Video tips on fasting days on buckwheat: