There are many types of okroshka in the culinary world. It can be prepared from almost anything that is lying around in the refrigerator. I suggest trying an equally delicious recipe for okroshka made from mushrooms.
- Step by step cooking
- Video recipe
Okroshka can rightfully be called the undisputed favorite of summer cuisine. As V. Pokhlebkin said, okroshka is a cold soup cooked in kvass with the main ingredients, like a vegetable mass. Nowadays, meat okroshka has gained great popularity. However, a lighter cold soup called mushroom okroshka is a great alternative to this option. This type of dish is one of the favorite variations of lean (vegetable) okroshka, which includes a variety of vegetables and pickles, from which vegetarians will surely like the dish. In addition, you can use a variety of mushrooms. Raw mushrooms, pickled mushrooms, soaked milk mushrooms, salted waves, and dried white mushrooms are also suitable.
The rest of the products for lean mushroom okroshka can be used the same as for the meat version. For example, the taste of a dish depends a lot on the dressing. Mushroom broth can be combined with sour milk, sour cream, mustard and all fermented milk products. Such okroshka will not be classic, but will acquire a piquant flavor. Okroshka can be served in two ways. The first is to put the products in the dressing and pour okroshka into plates. The second is to distribute the chopped ingredients in bowls and salad bowls, and serve the dressing in jugs so that each eater can independently adjust the thickness and taste of the dish to his own taste.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 47 kcal.
- Servings - 6
- Cooking time - 20 minutes for cutting food, plus the time for cooking some ingredients
- Champignons - 500 g
- Smoked chicken meat - 100 g (any variety optional)
- Potatoes - 2-3 pcs.
- Eggs - 3-4 pcs.
- Fresh cucumbers - 2-3 pcs. (frozen can be used)
- Dill greens - a small bunch (you can use frozen)
- Sour cream - 300 g
- Salt to taste
Cooking okroshka from mushrooms
1. Wash, dry and cut the mushrooms to any size: strips, cups, halves or leave whole if they are small. Rinse smoked chicken under running water, dry with a paper towel and cut into pieces.
2. Place the mushrooms and smoked chicken in a saucepan and cover with drinking filtered water. Send the pot to the stove and boil.
3. Make the heat low and simmer the broth for 30 minutes. The longer the broth is cooked, the more rich it will turn out.
4. Boil the potatoes in salted water in their uniforms. Then chill well, peel and cut into cubes. Boil the eggs hard-boiled for about 10 minutes, then put them in ice water for 20 minutes, peel and cut like potatoes. These products can be prepared in advance, for example, in the evening, and in the morning you can cook okroshka.
5. Place prepared potatoes and eggs in a saucepan. Add cucumbers and dill to them, which in this case are used frozen. You do not need to defrost them beforehand, they will thaw right in the dish. If you are using these ingredients fresh, wash, dry and chop them first.
6. In cases of using chicken meat on the bone, I recommend separating the meat from the bones after cooking. If you are using chicken fillet, then cut it before cooking.
7. Add chopped and boiled meat with mushrooms to the pan, and season with sour cream.
eight. Pour the mushroom broth over the products and mix thoroughly so that the sour cream is completely dissolved and the products are evenly distributed in the pan.
9. Adjust the taste of the soup with salt and serve chilled.
See also a video recipe on how to cook a mushroom cold.