Delicious and light vegetable first course - potato soup with meatballs and zucchini from the “quick and easy” series. Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
Vegetable soups are classics of Russian cuisine. They are cooked in broths, with mushrooms, beans and lean ones. One of the original options is considered to be potato soup with meatballs and zucchini. It belongs to the hearty first courses, because turns out to be thick, thanks to a hearty wide range of ingredients. In addition, zucchini gives the soup an original, moderately sweet taste. In zucchini season, this soup is definitely worth surprising and delighting your family! You can serve such a dish for a Sunday family dinner.
Preparing a meal is very simple. It will take very little time to cook, because the soup is cooked not in meat broth, but in vegetable broth with the addition of meatballs. The vegetables are cut into pieces and cooked until tender. If desired, ready-made, they can be brought to a puree-like consistency. When the vegetables are cooked, meatballs are added to the soup, which can be used either freshly cooked or frozen. How to cook tender meatballs for future use, you can find a step-by-step recipe with a photo on the pages of the site using the search bar.
See also how to make mushroom soup with melted cheese and potatoes.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 185 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 45 minutes
- Zucchini - 1 pc.
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Allspice peas - 3 pcs.
- Minced meat - 250-300 g
- Potatoes - 2 pcs.
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Greens (any) - bunch
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Tomatoes - 2 pcs.
Step by step cooking potato soup with meatballs and zucchini, recipe with photo:
1. Peel the potatoes, wash, cut into cubes and place in a cooking pot.
2. Wash the zucchini, cut into potato-sized pieces and send to the pan. If the zucchini is ripe, peel the coarse skin and remove the large seeds. To avoid this, use young fruits.
3. Peel the carrots, wash, cut into pieces half the size of potatoes with zucchini and send them to the pan to the vegetables.
4. Wash the tomatoes, cut into wedges or cubes and place in a saucepan.
5. Pour the food with drinking water and send it to the stove to cook.
6. Season the vegetables with salt and black pepper and bring the vegetables to almost cooked through.
7. While the vegetables are cooking, make the meatballs. You can use any minced meat; minced fish is also suitable. Season the minced meat with salt and black pepper and stir. Then beat it against the counter a few times to release the gluten and hold the meatballs well and not fall apart during cooking. Take the minced meat in your hands, lift it up and forcefully throw it back onto the countertop.
8. Wet your hands with water to prevent the minced meat from sticking to them, and form into round meatballs. They can be as small as cherries to walnuts.
9. In boiling potato soup with zucchini, dip the meatballs, add bay leaf and allspice peas. Boil the soup for 10 minutes and remove from heat. Serve the chowder with croutons or croutons.
See also the video recipe on how to make zucchini soup with meatballs.