If you think that offal soup is a second-rate dish, then you are deeply mistaken. The broth turns out to be quite rich and aromatic. Don't believe me? Prepare the first dish according to my recipe, and you will see for yourself.
- Step by step cooking
- Video recipe for hunting chicken heart soup
By-products include the following parts of animals: tongue, kidneys, ears, stomachs, paws, heart, in one word “offal”. They come not only from beef, pork and lamb, but also from poultry. These parts are much more useful for the human body than meat itself. They are used to prepare all kinds of delicious dishes, both in the everyday menu and for festive meals. And once giblet soup was generally considered a festive dish. These soups were especially popular in the countryside when poultry or livestock were slaughtered. Since, as you know, nothing is ever lost in the village, therefore, at this time, the organization of a festive dinner was an obligatory tradition.
You can cook offal soups, both from one part or assorted, combining several components. You can supplement them with all kinds of vegetables or cereals. In addition, for satiety dishes, they can be fried in a pan after boiling. In general, there are many options, but which one is better, you choose.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 170 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 50 minutes, plus extra time to soak the kidneys
- Pork kidneys - 2 pcs.
- Chicken hearts - 200 g
- Chicken stomachs - 200 g
- Duck breasts - 2 pcs.
- Pickled cucumber - 2 pcs.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Tomato paste - 2 tablespoons
- Bay leaf - 3 pcs.
- Allspice peas - 5 pcs.
- Salt - 0.5 tsp or to taste
- Ground black pepper - 0.5 tsp or to taste
- Carnation - 2 buds
- Refined vegetable oil - for frying
Cooking offal soup
1. Wash pork kidneys, place in a saucepan and cover with water. Leave them to stand like this for at least 2-3 hours, and change the water every hour. Better if you leave them at all overnight. After that, change the water and boil them for 1, 5 hours.
2. Cut the finished buds into cubes about 1 cm in size.
3. Wash and boil chicken hearts and stomachs for 1 hour. Since these products are ready almost at the same time, they can be cooked in the same saucepan.
4. Cut the finished stomachs and hearts into pieces as well as kidneys.
5. Now prepare the broth. For this purpose, I had duck breasts that remained after roasting the duck in the oven. And, as you know, not everyone loves lean meat, and it always remains eaten, so you have to think about where to use it. So I disposed of the duck breasts to make this soup. But you can boil the broth with any other meat. To do this, wash the meat, cut into pieces, put in a saucepan, add the onion and boil for 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cut the pickles into cubes.
7. And fry them in vegetable oil until light golden brown.
8. Now put all the products together. When the broth has boiled for half an hour, dip the boiled and chopped hearts, stomachs, kidneys and fried cucumbers into it. Season the soup with tomato paste, add bay leaves, clove buds, allspice peas, season with salt and pepper. If you wish, you can add any greens to taste. Boil the soup along with all the products for about 10 minutes. Then turn off the heat, let it brew for about 20 minutes and you can serve the dish to the table.
See also a video recipe on how to make a hunting soup from chicken hearts: