Want to make a crunchy and crumbly dessert? Then bake striped shortbread cookies. But in order for the product to be truly tasty, it should not be solid, and what needs to be done for this, read our recipe.
- The subtleties of making shortbread dough
- Step by step cooking
- Video recipe
Real shortbread cookies should be crumbly like sand. But many novice housewives are faced with the problem that the cakes are hard. However, if the dough is kneaded correctly, then this will never happen. The most successful desserts are made from products of the same amount: flour, butter and sugar.
The subtleties of making shortbread dough
- It is very important to use flour with a small amount of gluten, because from flour with a large amount of it, the dough comes out lingering, and the finished product is rough and tough.
- The temperature in the room where the dough is prepared should be cool. The butter is hard, but not frozen, and the eggs are cold.
- You can get a crumbly effect only due to a large amount of butter (margarine). Therefore, in no case should you feel sorry for him.
- It is necessary to knead shortbread dough with your hands, while not interfering with it for a long time, because the oil will start to melt, which will make the product not so soft and tender.
- To make the dough easier to roll out, it should be kept in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. This way it shrinks and compresses better. And roll it out from the center to the edges.
- And of course, a very important factor is a well-heated oven up to 180-200 degrees.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 421 kcal.
- Servings - 30
- Cooking time - 1 hour 20 minutes
- Wheat flour - 250 g
- Butter - 200 g
- Eggs - 1 pc.
- Sugar - 200 g or to taste
- Salt - a pinch
- Soda - 0.5 tsp
- Cocoa powder - 1 tablespoon
Making striped shortcrust pastry cookies
1. Pour flour into a deep bowl. Add sugar, salt, baking soda and stir well to distribute the loose ingredients evenly. After that, beat in an egg and add chilled, but not frozen, butter, which can be replaced with margarine.
2. Knead the dough well, but remember not to knead it long so that the butter does not melt.
3. Then divide it into 2 equal parts.
4. And in one of them put cocoa powder, which mix well so that it becomes chocolate color.
5. You will get 2 types of dough: creamy and chocolate color.
6. Wrap each ball in cling film and refrigerate for half an hour.
7. Then take a rolling pin and roll out the dough into the thinnest possible sheet. It is not necessary to sprinkle the surface with flour, because it is greasy enough and will not stick. It is very convenient to do this on baking paper.
8. Do the same with the chocolate dough - roll it out thinly.
9. Place one dough on top of the other.
10. And roll them up.
11. Cut the roll into portions no more than 8-10 mm thick.
12. Place the cookies on parchment and roll them with a rolling pin so that their thickness is no more than 5 mm.
13. Put the cookies on a baking sheet, which is sent to the heated oven to 200 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Let the cooked cookies cool, then put them in a vase and serve.
See also a video recipe on how to make shortbread cookies: