Having cooked apples in batter, you will be surprised how quickly and easily this dessert is prepared, which has a delicate, delicate and piquant taste.
Recipes with apples are available in any housewife's cookbook. These bright and juicy fruits can turn into delicious dishes, and not only dessert ones, but also become the basis of dinner or breakfast. After all, apple recipes are so simple that any novice housewife can master them. In addition, apple dishes will diversify the menu and fill your days with an abundance of useful vitamins.
How are apples good for?
Naturally, the chemical composition of apples depends on the variety, harvest time, and storage conditions. However, the high content of potassium, carotene, iron, fluorine, nitrogenous, tannin and pectin substances, as well as chlorogenic, folic and ursolic acids remains unchanged for all fruits. Vitamins in apples are presented in a huge variety - A, group B, C, E, K, P and PP.
I would like to note the following about the undeniable benefits of apples. Apples strengthen the cardiovascular system and brain function, improve the functioning of intestinal motility and improve digestion. In addition, apples strengthen the structure of nails and hair, and prevent the appearance of premature wrinkles.
Read in detail about the beneficial properties of apples
Batter Cooking Tips
Batter is a batter in which food is dipped before cooking. The batter forms an appetizing crust that retains the juiciness of the products and the vitamin value. The main components of the batter are a mixture of flour and eggs, diluted with a liquid (milk, water, alcoholic beverages). The batter can be liquid or viscous, sweet, unleavened, salty and spicy - depending on the recipe. For splendor, soda or yeast is added to the mixture.
- The batter dough is beaten with a whisk, blender, mixer, the better the ingredients are mixed, the more airy and tender the batter will be.
- For juicy products, a thick dough is prepared, since the dense crust prevents the juice from flowing out. For dryish contents, liquid batter is suitable, it allows oil to pass through, making the pieces juicier.
- To make the crust blush, porous and not greasy, carbonated mineral water is used.
- Spices and herbs added to the dough will help to improve the aroma of the dish.
- A crispy crust is obtained by using beer, cognac, vodka, wine or water instead of milk.
- For batter, use only cold food. Fry the pieces exclusively in hot oil.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 183, 4 kcal.
- Servings - Any Amount
- Cooking time - 1 hour
- Apple - 1 pc.
- Wheat flour - 130-150 g
- Milk - 20 ml
- Sugar to taste
- Ground cinnamon - 1/3 tsp
- Refined vegetable oil - for deep fat
Cooking apples in batter
1. Put flour into a container. Add sugar, ground cinnamon and milk to it. You can also put any spices to taste: vanillin, lemon juice, ground herbs.
2. Using a whisk or blender, mix the batter well until smooth. Since we are cooking apples, the consistency of the dough must be thick in order to retain all the juice and vitamins in the fruit.
3. Let the dough stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes so that the gluten comes out of the flour, which means it loses its elasticity. Then the dough will not dry out during the frying process and will stick to the apples better.
4. While the dough is settling, wash and dry the apples. Then peel, core and cut the flesh into cubes of any size. The lion's share of vitamins is in the peel of the fruit, so you may not need to peel the apple. I am doing this process at the request of the family.
5. Dip the apple pieces into the dough and stir until they are covered with batter on all sides.
6. If you have a deep fat fryer, use it. In the absence of her, do as I do.Pour refined vegetable oil into a small saucepan or mug, which is on the fire. Also find a suitable iron spatula to work with.
7. When the oil is well heated, dip the apple pieces into it one by one.
8. Deep-fry the apples until golden brown.
9. Put the fried apples in batter on a plate with a paper towel to absorb excess fat.
Dessert is ready and you can serve it to the table.
Video recipe for making apples in batter (apple donuts):