A detailed recipe for making a chocolate cake in chocolate glaze, decorated with colored mastic. Ingredients and detailed cooking process with tips.
The best birthday present for your child is to bake a delicious and beautiful chocolate cake. Not every adult will refuse such a delicacy, because homemade cake has only natural ingredients, without various food additives and dyes. Yes, this sweet creation will need to stand and tinker in the kitchen, but it will be worth it.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 285 kcal.
- Servings - 1 cake
- Cooking time - 2 hours
- Second grade eggs - 2 pcs.
- Sugar - 575 g
- Walnuts - 45 g
- Cocoa powder - 3, 2 tablespoons
- Milk - 850 g
- Flour - 370 g, 2, 4 tablespoons
- Cognac - 30 g (for soaking the cake)
- Sugar vanillin - 10-13 g
- Butter - 250 g
- Cocoa powder - 100 g, 3, 3 tablespoons
- Water - 219 g
- Powdered sugar - 220 g
- Gelatin - 3.9 g
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Food colorings
Step by step recipe for making a chocolate cake:
- Grind the eggs with sugar and beat until smooth. Gradually introduce milk and vinegar slaked soda at room temperature.
- Sift the flour, mix it with cocoa and chopped walnuts, then beat with the rest of the mixture. The finished dough should resemble thick sour cream in its consistency. If it turns out to be a little thin, add flour. Good mixing is indicated by large bubbles that appear after stopping the mixer.
- To bake the cake, you need a large form, about 28-32 cm in diameter, grease it with butter or vegetable oil, pour out the dough and put in a preheated oven. The cake is baked for 40-55 minutes, check its readiness with a toothpick.
Cooking Chocolate Cream:
- Bring the milk to a boil, pour flour diluted with water and sugar-vanillin into it.
- We boil for several minutes until the mass thickens, and then remove from the heat.
- Grind butter at room temperature with sugar and cocoa powder, add the resulting mass to the cooled milk and mix thoroughly. The cream is ready.
Preparation of chocolate glaze:
- We put a saucepan with milk and sugar on the fire.
- Dilute cocoa powder in water and add it as the milk mass heats up. Our mixture should be boiled down to 2/3 of the original volume. Cool the glaze a little and mix with butter.
Cooking mastic for chocolate cake:
- Soak gelatin for 18 minutes. in cool water, then dissolve it with a water bath, add lemon juice, then pour it into powdered sugar.
- We knead so that the mastic lags behind the hands. After kneading, it can be painted with food paints like mine.
Assembling the cake:
- Cut the cooled cake in half, saturate the middle with cognac and grease abundantly with cream.
- Grease the top and sides of the cake with warm chocolate icing.
- After the glaze hardens, you can start decorating with mastic. That's it, the Winter Night chocolate cake is ready!
Cake Making Tips:
- To make the dough thicker and softer, beat the egg mass well (until the sugar is completely dissolved). Pre-fresh eggs can be beaten with a pinch of salt, and only then add sugar in portions.
- To prevent the bottom from burning, fill a small saucepan with water and place it in the oven under the dough pan. You can also put parchment paper in a baking dish for a chocolate cake base and grease it with some vegetable oil.
- If the cake is uneven, you can cut it off, and mix the rest with the cream and even out the edges.
- During the preparation of the chocolate glaze, it must be stirred frequently, otherwise it may burn.
- If the mastic starts to dry out, add a couple of drops of lemon juice or ordinary water, and then knead it well.
Enjoy your tea and happy holidays!