The asparagus season is approaching, which means we remember the delicious recipes with it. Especially for her season, I present a step-by-step recipe with a photo of asparagus with tomatoes, onions and cheese from the chefs of Italian restaurants. Video recipe.
A wonderful tasty dish, or a warm salad, will appeal to absolutely everyone. Crispy onions, tender asparagus, fleshy tomatoes, tender melted cheese … this is a real delight. The products go well together, complement each other and enrich the taste. The recipe is very simple and, as they say, hastily. At the same time, it is colorful - with a minimum of effort, you get the right Italian appetizer with a glass of cool white wine. Although you can experiment a lot with this dish at home. For example, add a raw egg to green pods, pour cream over the products, add boiled pasta to the composition, add mushrooms, bell peppers, etc.
The dish is suitable for all eaters, especially supporters of a healthy diet. Since this healthy and dietary food is full of vitamins and minerals. In addition, asparagus is a well-known aphrodisiac, it is nutritious, while low in calories. Therefore, you should hurry up to have time to feast on it, which has its peak season from early April to mid-June.
See also how to cook fried asparagus beans.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 89 kcal.
- Servings - 2
- Cooking time - 25 minutes
- Asparagus beans - 300 g
- Salt - 0.5 tsp or to taste
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Vegetable or olive oil - for frying
- Tomatoes - 1 pc.
- Cheese - 50 g
Step by step cooking asparagus with tomatoes, onions and cheese, recipe with photo:
1. Wash the asparagus beans under running cold water.
2. Place the asparagus in a cooking pot.
3. Fill it with drinking water, salt and, after boiling, cook for 5 minutes.
4. Drain and place the asparagus in a colander to remove excess liquid. Then cut the tails on both sides, and cut the beans into 2-3 parts.
5. Peel the onions, wash under running water and chop into thin half rings or cut into cubes. Choose the method of cutting which you like best.
6. Wash the tomatoes, dry and cut into cubes.
7. Grate the cheese on a coarse grater.
8. In a skillet in vegetable or olive oil, sauté the onions until light golden brown.
9. Add tomatoes to a skillet with onions, stir and fry for 2-3 minutes.
10. Next, put the asparagus beans in the pan and season with black pepper.
11. Add the cheese shavings to the food.
12. Stir the ingredients, cover the skillet with a lid and simmer for 2-3 minutes over low heat to melt the cheese. Serve the cooked asparagus with tomatoes, onions and cheese, both warm and chilled. Since it is delicious, any.
See also the video recipe on how to cook green beans with tomatoes and eggs.