Who doesn't love homemade delicious baked goods? Want to pamper your loved ones with a delicious apple pie? Then read the recipe further.
- Step by step cooking
- Video recipe
Homemade cakes are a weak point for many. Of the great variety among the Slavs, pies occupy a special place. They are baked in a wide variety of ways and with different fillings. But in any case, they will serve as a magnificent decoration for a solemn feast and a pleasant addition to a cup of tea. Pies are rightfully the centerpiece of bakery products. The number of their recipes has long exceeded a hundred. Today I propose to consider one of its options, from puff pastry and apples.
You can use commercial puff pastry to make this cake. Then the baking will turn out in a hurry. But the most delicious cake is made with homemade dough. Almost any apples are suitable for the pie, however, you can slightly caramelize the hard varieties with sugar and cinnamon beforehand. Then they will become more tender. And if you prefer a smooth and soft filling, peel the skin, especially if it is dense.
A slice of this pie eaten for breakfast will serve as a great hearty and tasty snack that will help you easily wait for dinner. It must also be said that other fillings are allowed instead of apples. You can use any seasonal berries and fruits.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 251 kcal.
- Servings Per Container - 1 Pie
- Cooking time - 1 hour 30 minutes
- Flour - 300 g
- Butter - 250 g
- Eggs - 1 pc.
- Drinking water - 100 ml
- Salt - a pinch
- Sugar - 100 g
- Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Apples - 4 pcs.
Making apple pie with puff pastry
1. Beat an egg into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and pour in drinking water at room temperature.
2. Stir the liquid ingredients until smooth.
3. Pour flour and sugar into a bowl. Stir the loose ingredients.
4. Grate the butter. It should be well frozen to rub easily.
5. Continue to rub the butter, scooping up the flour.
6. When the butter is completely grated, stir the flour with your hands to make it crumbs.
7. Pour the egg liquid into the flour mass little by little.
8. Knead the dough, but not as usual, but as if put it on top of each other with an overlap. Thus, you will form layers in the dough.
9. Form the dough into a lump, wrap it in a bag and refrigerate for half an hour.
10. After this time, cut off 2/3 of the dough and roll out a thin sheet with a rolling pin. Place the layer in a suitable baking dish.
11. Wash the apples, core them and cut into wedges, which are placed on the dough.
12. Sprinkle apples with sugar and ground cinnamon.
13. Roll out the remaining dough into a thin layer, which is cut into strips 1 cm thick. Put the ribbons on top of the apples, in the form of a grid. Secure the dough around the edges of the pie. Brush the top of the dough with an egg or butter, if desired. This will give the cake a shiny crust.
14. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and send the cake to bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
15. Remove the finished cake from the mold after cooling down, cut into portions and serve.
See also a video recipe on how to make puff pastry apple pie.