A wide variety of dishes can be prepared from ready-made puff pastry. Starting with the most common strudel and ending with pizza and pasties. I suggest making a puff pastry roll with black currant. Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
Of all types of pastries, many housewives prefer puff pastry. In addition to the fact that it is very convenient to cook from puff pastry, the products turn out to be insanely tasty. If you need to quickly make fresh puffs for tea, pizza with any filling or other products, puff pastry will perfectly cope with this task. Puff pastry makes incredibly tasty rolls, especially berry ones … For example, very light and tasty pastries - puff pastry roll with black currants.
If you are preparing a roll for a large company, double the amount of ingredients, because the product turns out to be small and diverges very quickly. The berries in the recipe are frozen, but fresh will do. In the absence of such, jam or currant vitamins are perfect. Although black currant can be replaced with any other berry or fruit. If you have strawberries or cherries, great, if blueberries, blueberries or cranberries, even better. In any case, you will get a simple but tasty puff roll that will appeal to all eaters.
See also how to make a yeast roll with jam.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 429 kcal.
- Servings - 1 roll
- Cooking time - 45 minutes
- Purchased puff and yeast dough - 200 g
- Vegetable oil, milk or eggs - for lubricating baked goods before baking
- Black currant - 300 g (frozen in the recipe)
- Sugar - 50 g or to taste (if necessary)
- Flour - 1-2 tablespoons for rolling the dough
Step-by-step preparation of puff pastry roll with black currant, recipe with photo:
1. Defrost the dough naturally without using a microwave oven. Leave it at room temperature. It defrosts very quickly, literally in 1 hour. Then dust the work surface and rolling pin with flour so that the dough does not stick and roll it into a thin rectangular layer about 3 mm.
2. Place the black currants on a sheet of rolled dough. You do not need to defrost the berries, because they will thaw while baking in the oven. Sprinkle sugar on the currants if desired. I didn’t use it, because enough sweetness of the currant itself.
3. Tuck the dough on three sides, covering the currants.
4. Carefully roll the dough into a roll so that the currants do not fall out.
5. Place the roll on a baking sheet, seam side down. It is not necessary to grease the baking sheet with oil, because the puff pastry is fat enough and won't stick.
6. Make shallow cuts throughout the roll. They will give the product a beautiful appearance, and in finished form it will be easier to cut it into portions. Brush the roll with a thin layer of vegetable oil, milk or whipped yolk. They will give the product a beautiful ruddy color when baked. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and bake a puff pastry roll with black currants for 30 minutes. Cool it on a baking sheet, because when hot, the product is very fragile and may break. Then remove the roll from the baking sheet, cut into portions and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
See also a video recipe on how to make a puff pastry pie with a sweet filling.