I propose a recipe for a delicious jellied pie with tomatoes. How to cook it, read the subtleties and secrets in this step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
- Step by step cooking of tomato jellied pie
- Video recipe
Jellied pies are popular in many European countries, they differ only in filling and dough. Today we will prepare a jellied tomato pie with yeast dough. This cake will become a lifesaver for every housewife. The jellied pie recipe is useful for all occasions. If you are tired, do not have the strength to cook, you want something tasty, or your friends suddenly decided to come visit. It is tasty, satisfying and will please both adults and children. It is not at all difficult to prepare it and from the available products. In addition, the jellied pie can be turned into a festive snack if you use the original unsweetened filling. For example, add a little ham, mushrooms, vegetables, seafood, liver, etc. to tomatoes. You can use several different products for the filling, then the taste of the baked goods will be richer and brighter.
We will prepare yeast dough for the pie. But if you wish, in order to speed up the cooking process, you can use kefir with slaked soda or other fermented milk products. Although shortbread or puff pastry is sometimes used, the process is more time consuming, but the jellied pie will come out more delicious and festive. The main requirement for baking is that the pie must be jellied. For pouring, use sour cream or cream. The recipe can be improved if the pie is sprinkled with grated cheese on top before being sent to the oven. You can bake it not only in the oven, but also in a multicooker. This technique bakes the cake faster and more evenly.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 485 kcal.
- Servings Per Container - 1 Pie
- Cooking time - 1 hour 50 minutes
- Flour - 400 g
- Butter - 50 g
- Basil - a few twigs
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Tomatoes - 3-5 pcs. depending on the size
- Milk - 150 ml
- Sour cream - 400 ml
- Dry yeast - 1 tsp
- Cheese - 150 g
- Garlic - 2 cloves
Step-by-step preparation of a jellied pie with tomatoes, a recipe with a photo:
1. Place the butter in a saucepan and melt on the stove.
2. Pour milk into the melted butter and stir. The liquid temperature should be about 37 degrees.
3. Combine eggs, mix and add to the milk-oil liquid.
4. Stir the liquid base well and check its temperature again. If very hot, then leave to cool a little, if not warm enough, then heat a little. After that, add sugar and yeast and mix well so that they completely dissolve.
5. Next, add flour, which it is desirable to sift through a fine sieve, so that it is enriched with oxygen, and the cake becomes softer.
6. Knead to a smooth dough, cover with a towel and leave to rise for half an hour.
7. During this time, it should double in volume.
8. By this time, wash and dry the tomatoes, then cut them into half rings or rings about 5 mm thick.
9. Grate the cheese on a medium or coarse grater.
10. Peel and chop the garlic, wash and chop the basil.
11. Beat the sour cream with a mixer until fluffy and double in volume.
12. Place the matched dough in a baking dish and leave to rise for 10-15 minutes.
13. Pour the whipped sour cream into the batter pan.
14. Arrange the tomatoes on top.
15. Sprinkle the tomatoes with garlic, basil and cheese shavings.
16. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and send the cake to bake for 40-45 minutes. Check readiness with a wooden splinter. Pierce the edge of the dough with it, there should be no sticking on the stick. Cool the finished jellied tomato pie, cut into portions and serve.
See also a video recipe on how to make a tomato pie.