The benefits and harms of spinach for humans. TOP 7 recipes for the most successful and delicious herb pies. Video recipes.
Spinach pie is a fairly common dish in America and European countries, and Greece is considered to be its homeland. It also begins to rapidly gain popularity in Russia. Such pies with green filling are not only surprisingly tasty, but also healthy and low-calorie, unlike, for example, meat or potato pies.
The benefits and harms of spinach
Spinach is a low-calorie product (only 20 kcal per 100 g) with many beneficial properties for humans. In France, this plant is called the "king of vegetables". And for good reason, because it contains such useful substances as iron, calcium, sodium, potassium, zinc, manganese, copper, beta-carotene, iodine, phosphorus, nicotinic acid, retinol, saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, fiber, group vitamins B, as well as vitamins A, E, C, H, K and PP, etc.
Regular consumption of spinach has a positive effect on the entire body:
- prevention of cardiovascular diseases;
- detoxification of the body;
- increased hemoglobin;
- normalization of the gastrointestinal tract, pancreas and thyroid gland;
- strengthening of immunity and vision.
Spinach has a mild, unobtrusive taste and aroma, so it can be combined with a variety of foods. During heat treatment, the plant also does not lose its taste. Fish or meat dishes acquire juiciness and delicate taste when added. The plant goes very well with all types of cheeses, cottage cheese, cream, nuts, fish and various herbs. Spices that go best with spinach dishes: nutmeg, garlic, curry, turmeric, basil, and others.
But, despite all the benefits, spinach can harm the body if consumed in excess, due to the high content of oxalic acid. It should be avoided by people with gout, rheumatism, kidney disease, liver, duodenal ulcer.
Also, the minus of pies with spinach is that during heat treatment, some of the beneficial properties of the plant are lost, and flour products in large quantities also negatively affect health.
TOP 7 recipes for making pies with spinach
If you grow spinach yourself and have a successful harvest, then take note of the easy-to-make delicious pie recipes that can diversify your daily menu. Frozen greens make baked goods just as tasty as fresh ones. Using commercially available frozen spinach is ideal for the cold season. You can also freeze your own harvest for the winter and enjoy delicious vitamin dishes all year round. These pies can be eaten both for breakfast and dinner. Next, let's look at 7 of the most popular and successful options for how to make a spinach pie at home.
Lean spinach pie
During the fast, you can make a hearty and nutritious lean spinach pie. Such a dish is suitable for any meal, it is prepared quickly, from purchased dough, with a minimum of ingredients. An excellent option to refresh and saturate the body with vitamins.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 150 kcal.
- Servings - 8
- Cooking time - 30 minutes
- Lean yeast dough - 1 kg
- Frozen chopped spinach - 500 g
- Turnip onion - 1 pc.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons
How to make lean spinach pie step by step:
- Chop the onion and fry in vegetable oil until transparent.
- Add spinach and fry until all liquid has evaporated.
- Roll out the finished dough to the size of a baking sheet, put one part on parchment, evenly distribute the filling on top. Cover the spinach with the other part and pinch the edges.
- Bake at 220 ° C for 15-20 minutes.
Fish pie with spinach
Delicious and hearty fish pie with spinach will be a great dinner for the whole family, as well as a decoration for any festive table.
- Eggs - 5 pcs.
- Frozen spinach - 150 g
- Salmon - 220 g
- Flour - 220 g
- Ghee butter - 100 g
- Cream - 180 g
- Milk - 100 g
- Hard cheese - 220 g
- Sour cream - 2 tablespoons
- Salt, spices - to taste
How to prepare spinach fish pie step by step:
- Defrost spinach at room temperature, drain off excess water. If fresh leaves are used, then they must first be doused with boiling water, then finely chopped.
- Mix soft butter in a bowl with flour, stirring thoroughly.
- Add 2 eggs and sour cream, knead the dough until smooth, cover the bowl with a wet towel and remove for half an hour.
- Beat the cream and milk with a whisk, add the cheese grated on a coarse grater, mix.
- Cut lightly salted salmon into cubes, remove bones and skin.
- Roll out the dough, transfer to the mold, form beautiful sides.
- Arrange the spinach, pour over the milk-cheese mixture and distribute the fish pieces evenly. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Bake in the oven at 200 ° C for about 30-40 minutes.
Important! Instead of frozen spinach, you can also use fresh spinach, then it will need about 80 g.
Jellied spinach pie with kefir
Pouring dough prepares quickly as it does not need to be kneaded. This recipe uses kefir and goes well with spinach to taste. A green onion with boiled eggs will make the filling more nutritious and add spice to the taste. Delight your family with a delicious, healthy and satisfying pie!
- Kefir - 300 ml
- Flour - 230 g
- Eggs - 1 pc.
- Sugar - 3 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Soda - 1 tsp
- Spinach - 150 g (for filling)
- Green onions - 80 g (for filling)
- Eggs - 3 pcs. (For filling)
- Ghee butter - 2 tablespoons (For filling)
- Salt, spices - to taste (for filling)
Step-by-step preparation of jellied spinach pie on kefir:
- First, let's start preparing the filling. Boil the eggs until tender. Chop the onion and sauté in hot melted butter for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the gas.
- Chop eggs into cubes and combine with onions and finely chopped spinach. Season with salt and spices to taste.
- Now let's prepare the dough. Beat eggs with sugar and salt, pour in kefir, add sifted flour and soda, mix everything thoroughly.
- Take a deep mold, grease it with oil, or use parchment paper. Pour half of the dough, place the filling on top and cover with the remaining dough.
- Bake at 200 ° C for 30-40 minutes.
Spinach and Cheese Pie
This spinach and cheese pie recipe is very popular in European countries. It will use salted feta cheese, which, together with spinach, creates a unique combination of taste. Prepare such a simple but incredibly delicious cake and surprise guests and family with aromatic and beautiful pastries.
- Flour - 270 g
- Eggs - 3 pcs.
- Ghee butter - 100 g
- Cream - 100 g
- Spinach - 450 g
- Cheese - 350 g
- Water - 3 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
How to make spinach and cheese pie step by step:
- The dough is prepared as follows: break one egg into a large bowl or bowl and mix with salt and soft butter, pour in 3 teaspoons of water and add the sifted flour. Knead a soft dough, cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel, put in the cold for a while.
- Chop fresh spinach, mix with 2 raw eggs, grated cheese and cream. The cheese itself is salty, so no salt is required. At this point, you can add your favorite spices as desired, such as oregano and pepper.
- Remove the cooled dough and roll it out thinly. Leave some for decoration.
- Transfer it to the mold, spread the filling over the top.
- The remaining dough needs to be rolled out and cut into strips of 2 cm, decorate the cake with them.
- Place the product in an oven at 200 ° C for 40-45 minutes.
Spinach and Egg Pie
The spinach and egg pie is pretty simple to prepare. Eggs make the spinach and green onion filling truly tender, juicy, and melt in your mouth. Try this recipe and see for yourself.
- Egg - 2 pcs.
- Bow (feathers) - 0.5 bunch
- Spinach - 380 g
- Flour - 2-2, 5 tbsp.
- Water - 0.2 l
- Sunflower oil - 2 tablespoons
- Yeast - 1 sachet
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
How to make spinach and egg pie step by step:
- Chop spinach and onion. Heat the oil in a saucepan and simmer the herbs for about 8 minutes.
- Boil the eggs and chop finely. Mix with herbs, salt, spices.
- We dilute yeast, salt, sand, 3 tablespoons of flour in warm water. Set aside the dough in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- After the specified time, pour in the oil and stir.
- Gradually add flour and knead the dough. We will put it in heat for half an hour or an hour.
- Let's prepare the form, distribute half of the dough over it. Put the filling and the rest of the dough on top. We glue the edges securely and put them in the oven for 40 minutes at 200 ° C.
- Divide into segments and serve.
Italian ricotta spinach pie
The recipe for this pie is very popular in Italian cooking. Italians use their favorite cheeses ricotta, parmesan and ready-made puff pastry. The pie is very tender and aromatic. Try to cook this dish according to the Italian recipe, and you will be satisfied with the result.
- Puff yeast-free dough - 2 sheets
- Ricotta - 250 g
- Spinach - 400 g
- Bulb onions - 1 pc.
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons
- Chicken egg - 2 pcs.
- Parmesan - 80 g
- Salt, spices, sesame seeds - to taste
How to make an Italian ricotta spinach pie step by step:
- The dough must be defrosted in advance at room temperature, this may take 3-4 hours.
- Finely chop the onion and fry in ghee for a couple of minutes.
- Defrost the chopped spinach, wash and chop fresh spinach. Add to the pan and simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Grate Parmesan, mix with ricotta, add eggs, salt, spices to taste, then spinach with onions, mix.
- Roll out the dough, put one sheet in the mold, distribute the filling. Cover with a second sheet, pinching the edges. Decorate with sesame seeds to taste.
- We bake at 200 ° C for about 40 minutes.
Napoleon snack bar with spinach, herbs and cheese
Napoleon cake can be not only creamy sweet, but also salty with various fillings such as fish, cheese or vegetables. We offer you to familiarize yourself with such an interesting recipe for an appetizer pie with herbs, not a single guest will remain indifferent.
- Puff pastry - 0.5 kg
- Spinach - 0.5 kg
- Ramson - 0.3 kg
- Beet tops - 0.2 kg
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Butter - 2 tablespoons
- Soft cheese - 300 g
Step-by-step preparation of Napoleon's snack bar with spinach, herbs and cheese:
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts, roll out the layers a little. Bake each layer at 200 ° C for about 10 minutes, until tender.
- We wash the greens, dry them and finely chop them.
- Chop the onion and fry in hot butter for a couple of minutes. Throw in the herbs and cook, covered for about 2 minutes.
- Mix everything in a bowl with cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- We coat each cake with a filling, collect the cake. In a preheated oven, heat the cake for 4-5 minutes. Divide into portions and treat yourself.
Attention! The filling can include various greens, for example, sorrel, oxalis, carrot tops, nettles, etc. You can also, if desired, replace the cheese with cottage cheese and add 2-3 cloves of garlic.
Video spinach pie recipes
Now you know how to make spinach pie in different ways. Such treats will appeal to even those who do not particularly like spinach, because in pies, along with other fillings, you may not even notice the taste of greens.