Step-by-step recipe for Cordon blue from chicken fillet: a list of products and the technology for preparing delicious meat rolls. Video recipes.
Chicken fillet cordon bleu is an interesting and very tasty meat dish worthy of a festive table. This is one of the variations on the traditional Cordon Blue schnitzel, which is made from veal and breaded in breadcrumbs.
In our recipe, we will use chicken breast as the meat component. It is much cheaper than veal, but it also turns out delicious and tender. The chicken breast is easy to cut into thin layers, from which rolls are then formed. In addition, it quickly comes to readiness.
For filling, we will use hard cheese and ham or bacon pieces. And in breading we will restrict ourselves to eggs and flour, so that the rolls are less fatty as a result, because breadcrumbs absorb a lot of oil, increasing the calorie content of the finished dish.
In general, a large number of various seasonings are not required, because the taste is completely self-sufficient. However, if desired, in addition to salt and ground black pepper, you can use rosemary, oregano, paprika, turmeric and other flavors.
To prepare the Cordon bleu from chicken fillet, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with a detailed recipe with a photo of the whole process.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 150 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 25 minutes
- Chicken fillet - 1 kg
- Hard cheese - 50 g
- Bacon or ham - 50 g
- Flour - 2-3 tbsp.
- Egg - 1 egg
- Spices to taste
Step-by-step preparation of "Cordon blue" rolls from chicken fillet
1. First of all, we prepare meat for rolls. To do this, remove the skin from the chicken breast and cut out the bones and cartilage. We wash the pulp, dry it and cut it with a sharp knife into thin layers about 0.7 cm thick. Beat off a little, add salt and sprinkle with pepper.
2. Cut the hard cheese and ham into thin rectangular pieces of approximately the same size. We put a piece on one edge, although you can put two cheese. We roll up the rolls so that the filling is inside.
3. Pour the sifted flour into one deep plate, and beat the egg into the other. We dip the blanks of rolls in the egg mass.
4. Then bread on all sides in flour.
5. Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan and fry the rolls over low heat. Can be covered with a lid to speed up meat cooking. Average roasting time is about 7 minutes on each side. You need to turn it over so that the entire surface gradually turns golden. Remove from the pan, spread on a wire mesh or paper towels to remove excess fat.
6. Incredibly appetizing, tasty and satisfying chicken fillet "Cordon Blue" rolls are ready! We serve them on a common plate on a pillow of rice or lettuce leaves. You can also use potatoes, stews, or fresh vegetables as a side dish.
See also video recipes:
1. Recipe Cordon blue from chicken fillet
2. How to cook Chicken fillet cordon bleu