A step-by-step recipe for chicken in a honey-mustard marinade in the oven: a list of necessary products and the technology for preparing a festive dish from chicken drumsticks. Video recipes.
Oven-marinated honey-mustard chicken is an easy-to-prepare and delicious chicken drumstick dish. The good thing about chicken is that it is quickly soaked in marinade and does not require lengthy heat treatment. The result is a delicate meaty taste with spicy herbal notes and light honey sweetness.
Any part of the chicken can be taken. The breast will be denser and drier, the thighs fleshy and very juicy with a moderate amount of fat. As for the drumsticks, they are not only tasty, but always beautiful and easy to eat.
Marinated honey increases the nutritional value of the dish, imparts a light aroma and some sweetness. Along with this, mustard is responsible for the piquancy and pleasant bitterness.
Provencal herbs, garlic and paprika are very good for chicken. And soy sauce has recently been increasingly used in our kitchens, because it speeds up the pickling process, gives a pleasant taste and aroma.
The following is a detailed recipe for chicken in a honey-mustard marinade with a photo of each stage of preparation.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 134 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 50 minutes + 30 minutes for marinating
- Chicken drumsticks - 10 pcs.
- Honey - 1-2 tablespoons
- Hot mustard - 1 tablespoon
- Mustard beans - 1 tablespoon
- Provencal herbs - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Ground pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Soy sauce - 100 ml
- Salt to taste
Cooking chicken in honey mustard marinade step by step in the oven
1. Before baking the chicken in honey-mustard marinade, prepare the marinade. To do this, combine melted honey, hot mustard, Provencal herbs, chopped garlic, mustard beans, soy sauce, black pepper and paprika in a deep plate. We add salt at the very end so as not to oversalt, because soy sauce gives a salty taste.
2. Mix until smooth.
3. We wash the chicken drumsticks, cut off excess fat and skin from them. Marinate in a deep plate. We wrap it with transparent film and leave for 30-60 minutes. There is no need to refrigerate if marinating will last no more than an hour.
4. Cover the baking tray with paper. Can be lightly greased with cooking oil or sunflower oil. We spread the shins at a short distance from each other.
5. Preheat the oven in advance to 220-240 degrees. We put a baking sheet and bake for about 50 minutes. When ready, put on a beautiful plate. The legs look very advantageous on a rectangular dish. Decorate with chopped herbs.
6. Delicious and satisfying chicken in honey-mustard marinade is ready! Serve it with potatoes, rice or boiled vegetables.
See also video recipes:
1. Chicken in honey-mustard marinade
2. Delicious chicken in honey mustard sauce