Unusual hot sandwiches with zucchini and cheese baked in the microwave are perfect for breakfast or a snack, for a casual or festive table. Fast, simple, tasty, satisfying! Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
A simple snack like a sandwich is the most popular food on the table. I cut off a slice of bread, put a plate of sausage, meat, cheese … and ate a couple of these sandwiches. Fast, easy, convenient. However, such dry food is not very good for the body. Another thing is a hot sandwich, which consists of warm bread (lightly fried or baked) and tender hot filling. The filling itself can be very different in composition, there is no longer any imagination limit for the cook. Such a hot appetizer is much healthier and more appetizing than a dry analogue. And if hot sandwiches are also with vegetables, then this is generally a healthy meal. Today we diversify the daily menu and prepare hot sandwiches with zucchini and cheese as a snack.
Preparing a light snack is very simple, than many housewives will like the recipe. Bright and juicy sandwiches are perfect for a quick snack, and they can also be served on a festive table. They are always in deserved demand for any meal. Young zucchini with soft small seeds have a particularly rich and pleasant taste. They can be cooked both in the oven and in the microwave. I prefer the second invention of civilization.
See also how to make flour-fried zucchini with sauce.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 45 kcal.
- Servings - 1
- Cooking time - 15 minutes
- Zucchini - 2 rings
- Vegetable oil - for frying zucchini
- Cheese - 2 slices
- Garlic - 0.5 cloves
- Bread - 1 piece
- Salt - a pinch
Step by step preparation of hot sandwiches with zucchini and cheese, recipe with photo:
1. Wash the squash and dry it with a paper towel. Cut them into rings no more than 1 cm thick. Otherwise, they will not cook well inside. If you cut them thinner, they can burn during frying.
2. In a skillet, heat the vegetable oil and add the zucchini. Season them with salt and sauté over medium heat.
3. Fry the zucchini until golden brown and turn over to the other side, where until tender and golden brown.
4. Cut the bread into slices about 1 cm thick. Any bread you like and are used to eating is suitable for sandwiches: white, black, rye, loaf, baguette … If desired, the bread can be dried in a clean and dry frying pan. Then it becomes crispy.
5. Place slices of fried hot zucchini on top of the bread and season with garlic passed through a press.
6. Cut the cheese into thin slices or grate on a coarse grater and place on top of the courgettes.
7. Put the sandwich on a plate and microwave for 1 minute at 850 kW to melt the cheese.
8. If the power of the device is different, then watch the sandwich. Once the cheese has melted, remove it from the microwave. Serve the hot zucchini and cheese sandwich immediately after preparation with a cup of freshly prepared tea. It is not customary to cook such a snack for the future.
See also a video recipe on how to make zucchini and tomato sandwiches.