Chicken and mushrooms are a good and simple combination of products. This is a hearty dish suitable for a holiday or a casual dinner. There are many options for such a combination of products, and today I will share one of them with you.
- Step by step cooking
- Video recipe
The delicate and neutral taste of chicken meat is perfectly set off by a rich mushroom aftertaste. You can cook such a dish on the stove, in the oven, microwave, multicooker and other kitchen "gadgets". But the most delicious is chicken with mushrooms baked in the oven. Mushrooms can be used not only oyster mushrooms, any others are also suitable here. For example, champignons, or forest mushrooms: chanterelles, honey agarics, white, etc.
I used a creamy sauce for this dish. Although improvisation is also acceptable here. For example, it would be nice to combine tomato sauce or any other with wine. You can also prepare products for a dish in a variety of ways. Mushrooms and meat can either be boiled or fried, or the meat can be boiled and the mushrooms can be fried and vice versa. By varying different methods of heat treatment, using different types of mushrooms and parts of a chicken carcass, preparing different sauces, you can constantly get an excellent new result of the dish.
In this recipe, I chose oyster mushrooms, they give a pleasant woody aroma, which mushrooms do not have. I will fry the mushrooms in a frying pan, but boil the chicken. You can serve this appetizer with any side dish. I recommend making mashed potatoes or boiling unleavened rice. Since the food itself has a rather intense and pronounced taste.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 135 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 1 hour 20 minutes
- Any chicken meat - 300 g
- Oyster mushrooms - 300 g
- Sour cream - 300 ml
- Hard cheese - 150 g
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Mushroom seasoning - 1 tsp
- Vegetable oil - for frying
Step by step cooking oyster mushrooms with chicken under sour cream cheese crust
1. Wash the chicken under running water, remove the fat, film and skin. Dip in a saucepan, fill with drinking water and cook.
2. Cook until tender, about 45 minutes. Then cool a little so as not to burn yourself and cut the meat into small pieces.
To enhance the taste, you can add any roots (carrots, onions, garlic, celery, horseradish), spices and herbs to the broth. Do not discard the broth that remains. You won't need it for this dish, but you can use it for another dish or just drink it yourself.
3. Peel the onions, wash and chop into half rings. Pour oil into a frying pan and fry it until transparent.
Wash the oyster mushrooms, dry well, cut into strips and place in another pan with vegetable oil. Turn the heat to high so that moisture begins to release from the mushrooms faster. Wait for it to evaporate and fry the mushrooms until golden brown. Usually 10-15 minutes are enough for this stage.
The legs of the oyster mushroom are a little stiff, so it is advisable to cut them off and cook them separately, for example, to make cutlets out of them.
4. In one large skillet, combine boiled chicken, fried mushrooms and sautéed onions.
5. Pour sour cream into the pan, add salt, ground pepper and any spices. I add ground nutmeg and ginger powder.
6. Stir the food. Heat medium and simmer under a closed lid for about 10 minutes. Then place the food in heat-resistant portioned bowls.
7. Sprinkle the chicken with oyster mushrooms with grated cheese on a medium grater and send it to brown in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 180 ° C or in the microwave for 5 minutes at maximum power.
8. Once the cheese is soft and slightly melted, remove the dish from the broiler and serve. If you like a more baked cheese crust, keep the food in the oven for longer.
See also a video recipe on how to cook chicken with mushrooms in sour cream.