Chebureks from puff yeast dough with meat. The cooking process takes a minimum of time, while they turn out to be very tasty. I share a step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
Chebureks are thin pies with meat filling, which are traditionally made from unleavened dough. However, in cooking, the most unexpected experiments are possible. I propose to change the rules and make pasties with meat from puff yeast dough. They are soft and juicy on the inside with a crispy and flaky crust on the outside. Everything is simple and fast, and there is no need to wait for the dough to rise. Try this option, they will definitely pleasantly surprise you. The dough is slightly flaky and it rolls out thinly, so the flakiness can not be seen, but biting off the finished cheburek, you will feel a crispy and flaky crust. Although for such baking, ordinary puff or just yeast dough is suitable.
The proposed version of pasties is very convenient, especially if there is a package of dough at hand in the freezer. It defrosts quickly, and pasties from it are as tasty as from a simple dough. The filling can be not only meat, but also cheese, cabbage, mushrooms, potatoes, eggs, onions and other products. You can make an assortment of pasties with a variety of fillings to suit the tastes of each eater at one time.
See also how to make pasties from unleavened homemade dough.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 315 kcal.
- Servings - 3
- Cooking time - 30 minutes, plus time to defrost the dough
- Purchased puff yeast dough - 300 g
- Ground nutmeg - 0.5 tsp
- Meat (any sort) - 300 g
- Flour - 1 tablespoon
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Salt - 0.5 tsp
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Onions - 1 pc.
Step-by-step preparation of pasties from puff-yeast dough with meat, recipe with photo:
1. Wash the meat under running water. Cut off excess fat with films. Pass it through the auger of the meat grinder with a medium hole attachment.
2. Peel the onions, wash and twist through a meat grinder.
3. Season the minced meat with salt, black pepper and nutmeg.
4. Stir well the meat filling. Add some drinking water to make it thinner.
5. Defrost the dough naturally without using a microwave oven. Do it better in advance and correctly: on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. When the dough is thawed and soft, sprinkle flour on the countertop with a rolling pin and roll it into a thin layer no more than 5 mm thick.
6. On the dough, squeeze out circles with a diameter of about 20 cm with a plate.
7. Roll the cut out dough circles with a rolling pin, moving from the center to the edges.
8. Place the minced meat on one half of the dough, spreading it evenly.
9. Cover the meat filling with the free edge of the dough.
10. Fasten the edges of the dough together in a circle and, for beauty, walk over it with the teeth of a fork.
11. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet and add pasties. Fry them over medium heat until golden brown.
12. Put the fried pasties on a paper towel so that it absorbs all excess fat after frying the pasties from puff pastry with meat. Then immediately start tasting delicious pies.
See also a video recipe on how to make crispy pasties from ready-made puff pastry.