Eggplant rolls with nuts are a classic summer snack of Caucasian cuisine. This is a very interesting, unusual and delicious recipe that is quite appropriate on a festive table. It is easy and quick to prepare. So let's get started!
- Step by step cooking
- Video recipe
Olympus of cooking! What is he ??? Probably no one will tell. However, Caucasian cuisine occupies one of the leading places. And, in my opinion, it is well deserved. These are kharcho, lobio, khash, chacha, ayran, shashlik, churchkhela, dishes that are the hallmark of the Caucasus and are prepared all over the world. And among the many national snacks, a variety of eggplant dishes are popular, the combination of which with nut filling and garlic is simply divine. I suggest making fried eggplants with walnuts and sunflower seeds. Such an appetizer will diversify and liven up any feast, and many gourmets will also like it.
The main components of the recipe are nuts and eggplants, and sunflower seeds complement such a taste symphony. Nuts and seeds require preliminary grinding. This process can be done in a blender, using a meat grinder, or using a grandmother's method - a mortar. Garlic and greens are also immediately chopped with nuts. The food is served both separately and in combination with all kinds of sauces and seasonings.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 219 kcal.
- Servings - 20 rolls
- Cooking time - 40 minutes
- Eggplant - 2 pcs.
- Walnuts - 150 g
- Sunflower seeds - 150 g
- Cheese - 50 g
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Salt - 0.5 tsp or to taste
- Mayonnaise - 2-3 tablespoons
- Vegetable oil - for frying
Making fried eggplant rolls with nut-garlic filling
1. Put the peeled walnuts and sunflower seeds in a hot skillet.
2. Lightly fry them over medium heat, literally just until they are golden brown. If you want deep fried kernels, then fry them in different pans. At the same time, keep in mind that roasted seeds and nuts become much more nutritious.
3. Place the diced cheese in the chopper. It can be any, both hard varieties and feta cheese, suluguni, processed.
4. Add walnuts and seeds to the cheese.
5. Beat the food into a homogeneous mass. This process can also be done with a food processor, blender, or meat grinder. Peel the garlic, pass it through a press and put it to the components, pour in mayonnaise there.
6. Stir the garlic and nut mixture well. Its consistency should not be too thick or too liquid. In appearance, it may seem that the mass is crumbly, but when you take it in your hands and form a dense barrel, it will compact and keep its shape.
7. Wash the eggplants and cut into long "tongues" about 5 mm thick. If you cut them into thicker pieces, then the slices will not roll well and keep their shape.
If you feel bitterness in this fruit, then before frying them, soak the "tongues" of eggplants for half an hour in salt water, then squeeze them out of moisture. After such processing, eggplants will absorb less oil during frying, and the dish will come out less greasy. In addition, there will be no overconsumption of oil.
8. In a hot skillet in vegetable oil, fry the eggplant on both sides until golden brown. At the same time, do not forget to season them with salt on the second side and, if desired, ground pepper.
nine. Put the eggplants on a plate, make a small strip of mayonnaise and place the nut filling on one edge.
10. Carefully roll the eggplant into a roll so that the filling does not fall out. Secure them with a toothpick if desired.
11. Put the prepared appetizer on a wide dish and serve.
See also a video recipe on how to cook eggplant with nuts.