If you decide to fast and eat lean food and want something tasty, then bake pastries using lean, yeast-free dough. Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
Many housewives are sure that lean, yeast-free dough is an unattainable ideal, since it is impossible to prepare delicious baked goods without eggs, milk and butter. But in fact, baked goods made with lean dough are no less tasty. It is suitable for any flour delicacies during the fast. For example, from lean yeast-free dough, wonderful twirls, bagels, strudel, rolls with various fillings, both salty and sweet, are obtained. It is also suitable for dumplings, dumplings, pasties, thin lavash, etc. Lean dough dishes can be prepared not only during the fasting period, but also all year round, because such baked goods are lower in calories and are especially suitable for people who monitor their weight.
Therefore, in this section I will tell you the most successful universal recipe for a lean, yeast-free dough with step-by-step photos and instructions. It takes less than 10 minutes to cook it using a food processor. But if you knead it with your hands, then this process is also not long. In this case, grease your palms with vegetable oil to make it easier to work with the dough. To make the crumb in the products elastic, not dry and as tasty as possible, do not knead too tight dough. It should be soft, moderately moist, but not stick to your hands.
See also how to make lean dough without eggs or milk for a roll.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 502 kcal.
- Servings - 400 g
- Cooking time - 10 minutes
- Wheat flour - 210 g
- Vegetable oil - 60 ml
- Drinking water at room temperature - 120 ml
- Baking soda - 1/3 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
Step-by-step preparation of a universal lean yeast-free dough, recipe with photo:
1. Place the slicer attachment in a food processor and add flour, which is sieved through a fine sieve to enrich it with oxygen. Then the dough will be softer and more elastic.
2. Add baking soda to the food processor.
3. Then add salt.
4. Pour vegetable oil into the food. Instead of vegetable oil, you can use olive oil or any other.
5. Next, pour in drinking water at room temperature. Do not add all the water at once, add 2/3 parts first, because the gluten of flour is different for different varieties and manufacturers. And maybe less or more water will be needed. Therefore, it is better to add the liquid later.
6. Knead an elastic and soft dough. In a food processor, it will be ready in no more than 5 minutes.
7. Remove the dough from the bowl of the appliance, wrap your hands around it and start baking any products. Also, the universal lean yeast-free dough can be frozen for future use in the freezer for a period of 3 months, and when necessary, you can quickly cook something tasty. Or you can knead it in advance and store it in the refrigerator for 3 days.
See also a video recipe on how to make lean yeast dough.