A cake with pumpkin-semolina cakes will turn out to be insanely tasty and attractive, and any cream will suit them. Let's find out a step-by-step recipe with a photo of their preparation. Video recipe.
While there is still a pumpkin on sale, we will continue the pumpkin menu. You can make many delicious dishes from pumpkin, and today I propose a recipe for simple and delicious pumpkin-semolina cake cakes. Delightfully delicate and soft biscuits, spicy and not cloying, can be greased with any cream to taste. It only depends on your imagination, mood and a set of products in the refrigerator. I am sure that both the family and guests will like this pastry.
Pumpkin baked goods are good because they are combined with almost all spices and herbs, so you can add an incredible amount of aromatic additives to the dough. Semolina cakes, in contrast to baked goods with wheat flour, are especially tender, airy and friable. They are well soaked in both syrup and cream. Such a gorgeous cake can be baked just like that, for Halloween or for a festive feast. It goes well in the cold season with hot tea and aromatic mulled wine, and in the warm season with a scoop of ice cream.
See also how to make pumpkin pie with raisins, ginger and cinnamon.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 495 kcal.
- Servings - 2 cakes
- Cooking time - 1 hour 15 minutes
- Semolina - 200 g
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Butter - 120 g
- Orange zest - 1 tsp (the recipe uses dried, but fresh will work as well)
- Pumpkin - 200 g
- Baking soda - 1 tsp without slide
- Sugar - 50 g
- Salt - a pinch
Step-by-step preparation of pumpkin-semolina cake cakes, recipe with photo:
1. Boil the pumpkin in a saucepan in water on the stove or bake in the oven until tender, ie. until soft. How to do this, you will find step by step recipes with photos on the pages of the site. To do this, use the search bar and enter the desired words, and the site will select suitable recipes.
Then cool the finished pumpkin and use a blender or crush to mash it.
2. Place eggs in a mixing bowl and add sugar.
3. Beat the eggs with a mixer until an airy, lemon-colored foam is formed.
4. Add softened butter at room temperature to the eggs and sprinkle with orange zest. Add ground cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, etc. as desired.
5. Next, add the pumpkin puree with semolina and stir the foods. Leave the dough to stand for 15 minutes so that the semolina swells a little and expands. Then season the dough with a pinch of salt and add baking soda. Mix the dough well.
6. Place the dough in a baking dish.
7. Send the cake to bake in a preheated oven to 180 degrees for 40 minutes. Test the readiness with a puncture of a wooden stick, on which there should be no sticking. If the dough sticks to it, continue to bake the product for another 5 minutes and take a sample again. Remove the finished pumpkin-semolina cake from the mold and hot cut lengthwise into two cake layers. If desired, while the cakes are hot, soak them with any syrup. Then refrigerate and make a cake with any cream.
See also a video recipe on how to make pumpkin cake.