Puffs with heat, with heat with sweet and sour cherries for tea, mmm … how delicious it is! Crispy, ruddy, with a juicy and not sugary filling! Cooking homemade instant baked goods - puff pastry puffs with cherries. Step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
Cherry puff pastry puffs are today's culinary theme. The recipe is not complicated, since we will work with ready-made puff pastry, and the filling does not imply any clever manipulations. Therefore, if you have frozen dough and homemade frozen cherries in the fridge, make a delicious treat without the hassle or hassle. Although the dough and everything for the filling can now be bought without difficulty at any time. And if you have stored other berries and fruits for the winter, use what is available. The product is prepared very quickly. Most of the time is spent defrosting the dough and, if necessary, defrosting the cherries. You can not remove the bones from it, but if you are preparing pastries for children, then it is better to get them. This dessert will appeal to all sweet tooths and lovers of homemade baked goods. Puffs with cherry filling are perfect as a tea treat for unexpected guests and households.
For the recipe, you can take puff yeast or yeast-free dough. From puff pastry with the addition of yeast, the products will turn out to be more airy and light. The disadvantage of this type of dough: after cooling, the baked goods settle down and slightly lose their original appearance. Non-yeast dough is more “pliable” and the products are more presentable. Although you can make the puff pastry yourself. For the berry filling, use both fresh and frozen cherries.
See also how to make a puff pastry roll with cottage cheese and banana.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 379 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 40 minutes, plus time to defrost the dough
- Puff frozen store dough - 200 g
- Frozen cherries - 250 g
- Flour - for sprinkling
- Sugar - 2 tablespoons
Step by step preparation of puff pastry puffs with cherries, recipe with photo:
1. Remove the frozen dough from the freezer and leave to defrost at room temperature. It thaws quickly, literally half an hour and it is already malleable. By this time, dust the worktop and rolling pin with flour, and roll out the dough into a thin layer of about 5 mm. You will get a rectangular sheet, which you cut into 4 equal parts.
2. Place the cherries on one half of the dough. Remove or retain the bones beforehand. Berries do not need to be thawed, because they will thaw in the oven. Make cuts on the free edge of the dough without bringing the knife to the end of the dough.
3. Sprinkle the cherries with sugar and flour. During the baking of the cherry puffs, juice will be released and the flour will absorb it all.
4. Cover the cherry filling with the free edge of the dough and seal the edges well.
5. Go over the edges of the puffs with a fork to make the pastry more beautiful and delicate.
6. Place the puffs on a baking tray. If desired, brush them with an egg or milk so that they have a golden brown crust when finished.
7. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and send the puff pastry puffs with cherries to bake for 20 minutes. After cooling, remove the items from the baking sheet and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
See also a video recipe on how to make puff pastry puffs with cherries.