Duck breast is the dry part of the carcass that not everyone loves. But if you cook it correctly, then it will be tender, soft and worthy of a festive table. How to make duck breast slices, read this step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
Many different dishes are prepared from duck meat, from whole baked poultry to festive salads. If you are wondering how to make a delicious meat appetizer from this bird, then I suggest making a duck breast slicing. This method, of course, is not quick, but most of the time the meat will be marinated and baked in the oven without your participation. But the dish will turn out to be hearty and tasty. It will be indispensable at any festive feast and is appropriate in the everyday menu. The magnificent, moderately salty and spicy taste of baked duck will not leave anyone indifferent. This is a real gourmet meat delicacy made from meat that does not often come to our table.
Such cold cuts will be an excellent alternative to raw smoked and dried sausages, which contain many harmful substances. Tender, soft and juicy duck meat will perfectly complement the composition of any salad. Moreover, it is suitable for both salty and fruit salad. On a meat plate on a festive table, duck breast fillet is ideal as a platter. It can also be used for sandwiches to give children to school or take with you to work. In addition, baked duck breast can be served in combination with vegetables, mushrooms, fruits, any side dishes, etc. Note that this recipe can be used to prepare slices of beef, pork, chicken fillet and any other meat.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 86 kcal.
- Servings - 2 Breasts
- Cooking time - 4 hours (of which 3 hours for marinating meat and 30 minutes for baking)
- Duck breasts - 2 pcs.
- Salt - 0.5 tsp
- Dry white wine - 100 ml
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Soy sauce - 50 ml
- Vegetable oil - 30 ml
Step-by-step preparation of duck breast slicing, recipe with photo:
1. Pour soy sauce, dry white wine and vegetable oil into a deep container for duck breasts. Add your favorite spices and herbs as desired. Mix well.
Wash the duck breasts, dry with a paper towel and make punctures with a knife. They will help marinate the meat better. If the breasts are peeled, then you can leave it, then the snack will be more nutritious and fatty, but also high-calorie. If you want a leaner piece, then remove the peel. Most often in recipes it is recommended to take duck breast with skin. During cooking, the fat melting at a high temperature will make the meat more tender. And when the dish is ready, the skin from the fillets can be removed.
2. Dip the duck fillets in the sauce until they are completely covered and marinate for 3 hours, but can be kept longer, for example overnight. But in this case, send the breasts to the refrigerator. Then the meat will be juicier and more tender.
3. Transfer the fillets to a baking dish and pour out any remaining marinade. Cover the dish with a lid or cling foil and place the duck breast in a preheated oven to 180 degrees for 40 minutes. If you want the meat to have a golden brown crust, then open it 10 minutes before cooking.
Chill the finished duck breast well in the refrigerator and only then cut it. Since it is not recommended to cut the breast immediately after cooking, so that delicious juice does not flow out.Duck fat, which remains after cooking, can not be poured out, and subsequently used in the preparation of other dishes: for example, fry potatoes on it.
See also the video recipe on how to cook duck breast.