In order to preserve apricots for the longest possible time, they must be prepared for future use. A step-by-step recipe with a photo of dried apricots with a bone (apricot). Video recipe.
Apricot is a dried apricot with a stone. This drying method is the most gentle on the fruit. But for food applications such as baked goods, dried apricot with pits cannot be used. Such fruits are good for compote or self-consumption. Today, special technological ovens are used for the production of this dried fruit, and the production process also includes the use of chemicals (for example, sulfur dioxide) and other additives. This gives the fruit a bright orange hue, marketable appearance and makes it hazardous to health. Therefore, it is not recommended to buy dried apricots, especially those with an intense color. In such cases, there is a great option to cook dried apricots at home.
Dried apricot is not inferior to fresh fruit in terms of the content of nutrients. Since apricots are perishable fruits, drying is one of the best options for preserving it without a lot of money. The classic way of cooking apricots is a natural process where the sun and air or an oven are involved. It is important not only to properly dry the apricots, but also to store the dried fruits correctly. In order to keep dried fruits for the longest possible time, you need to adhere to some rules:
- Place drying in gauze bags.
- Keep them hanging.
- The room should be cool and well ventilated.
- the level of humidity in the room is minimal.
- Storage air temperature no more than + 10 ° С.
In the absence of such rules, dried apricots are stored in paper bags or glass, tightly closed jars. From time to time they are opened for a short time for ventilation.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 232 kcal.
- Servings - any amount (the weight of the apricot is reduced by 5-6 times when dried)
- Cooking time - 6-8 hours in the oven, 7 days outdoors
Apricots - any quantity
Step by step preparation of dried apricots with pits (apricots), recipe with photo:
1. Choose large, not too juicy apricots with firm pulp and high sugar content. Fruits must be fully ripe, undamaged and free from rot. Wash the apricots so thoroughly that the finished dried fruit can be eaten unwashed. Otherwise, he will lose some of the nutrients.
2. Spread the apricots on a cotton towel and leave to dry completely.
3. Transfer the apricots to a baking sheet, placing all the fruits tightly. Send them to a heated oven to 60 degrees. Dry them for 6-8 hours with the door slightly ajar. Turn them over from time to time to dry evenly on all sides. Cool the finished apricot (dried apricots with pits) to room temperature and transfer to a place for further storage. If you want to dry apricots without an oven, but on the street, then put them in the sun or hiding them in the shade. The natural drying process takes about a week. Bring the apricots indoors at night and turn them several times during the day.
See also a video recipe on how to dry apricot at home.