What are the beneficial substances in castor oil? What it is and how it affects the body. Positive and negative points, recipes for face masks. Castor oil for face is a real lifesaver, a natural and highly effective ingredient that can always be used for any type of skin care at home. Perfectly suited for the preparation of completely different products - creams, refreshing lotions, tonics, masks, cleansing gels.
Description and composition of castor oil
Castor is obtained from the processing of castor bean fruits. Has a pleasant yellowish tint, like lemon. It is very liquid in consistency, like water. She has no special smell, only gives off a little grass.
There is a raw and refined product. In cosmetology, the first option is mainly used, since in the second, the beneficial properties are partially lost.
The product is available at any pharmacy without a prescription. The shelf life is 3 to 5 years if stored in a dark place. In this case, the temperature should not be higher than + 25 ° С. The oil can be heated if necessary.
The main percentage in the composition (80%) falls on viscous glycerides in the form of fatty ricinoleic acid. Due to this, the product never dries out on the body and does not leave any film behind. The remaining 20% is distributed between oleic and linoleic acids. It is believed that the product is so named due to the fact that it was analogous to castoreum (beaver jet).
Let's take a closer look at each of the acids:
- Ricinoleic … In the composition, it occupies as much as 90%, and it is thanks to her that the product has an emollient effect.
- Linoleic … Due to its presence, castor oil rejuvenates the skin, smoothes superficial wrinkles, removes age spots and warts. The composition contains only 4% of this substance, but they are quite enough.
- Oleinovaya … This acid is necessary to relieve itchy skin, stimulate collagen production, and accelerate tissue regeneration. But since there is no more than 1% of it in the product, it does not significantly affect the effect of the oil.
- Stearic … It is one of the most popular ingredients in cosmetology due to its ability to improve the consistency of the product, give it moisturizing properties and a pleasant smell. Outwardly, it looks like snow-white milk powder. Its content in the composition is insignificant, only 1%.
- Palmitic … This is an absolutely safe component that is used only as an emulsifier. It thickens the product without really affecting its action.
The composition also contains a small amount of vitamins - these are carotenoids and alpha-tocopherol. Thanks to them, the skin is cleansed of keratinized particles and is well moisturized, the production of sweat is normalized.
Note! The main properties of the product are determined by ricinoleic acid.
Benefits of Castor Oil for Face
It is widely known for its vibrant soothing, regenerating, emollient, anti-inflammatory, cleansing and antibacterial properties. It is successfully used for the treatment and prevention of various dermatological diseases on the face - dermatitis, urticaria, etc. It will not be superfluous to use it for age spots, moles, small warts, papillomas and other defects.
We list below all the benefits of castor oil for the face:
- Cleans … To do this, it is used as a scrub 1-2 times a week. It penetrates very deeply into the pores and removes even invisible impurities. He is able to cope with oily sheen, blackheads, pimples.
- Nourishes … The oil supplies the skin with fatty acids that moisturize it from the inside out. Under their influence, lymph outflow and water balance are normalized. All this helps to remove puffiness of the face and give it a fresh look.
- Soothes … The active ingredients in the composition relieve irritation, so the remedy is very useful in severe frosts and in the heat. It neutralizes the negative effects of sunlight and low temperatures. It is very important to use it for burns too.
- Renews the skin … Oil accelerates tissue regeneration, which is especially important when their integrity is violated. Its use helps to quickly get rid of scars after acne and acne, hives and other dermatological diseases.
- Whitens … With this product, you can lighten birthmarks or age spots by several tones. Also, thanks to him, it will be possible to quickly remove traces of sunburn.
- Normalizes the production of sweat … Castor oil restores the activity of the sebaceous glands, therefore it is very useful in the fight against oily sheen. Moreover, it is suitable for absolutely all skin types.
- Eliminates wrinkles … The product, of course, cannot cope with deep folds, but it easily smoothes mimic and small age “hollows”. It can be used especially effectively to care for the area around the eyes and around the lips, where this problem is very pronounced.
- Removes bags and dark circles … If these defects are not caused by a malfunction of some internal organs, then the tool copes with them completely.
- Effectively removes makeup … This is one of the best oils for removing makeup residues. It gently affects the skin, quickly dissolves shadows, powder, etc.
Separately, it should be noted that the use of castor oil for the face allows you to strengthen the eyelashes, eliminate flaking of the lips and accelerate the growth of eyebrows.
Important! Castor oil almost never causes allergies, it is ideal for the care of sensitive and problem skin. It can be safely used even by small children and pregnant women.
Contraindications to the use of castor oil for facial skin
Unlike similar products, there is absolutely no threat from this. Yes, it contains poison (ricin), but it is only dangerous if taken internally.
Care should be taken only when combining this ingredient with others. It becomes less effective when combined with aggressive components - starch, salt, etc.
Only fresh formulations should be used, so they need to be prepared shortly before use. A product that has stood in the refrigerator for more than a week becomes practically useless.
You should not choose refined oil for facial care, it irritates and dries the skin. Neither this nor the raw product is recommended to be boiled during the preparation process. After prolonged heat treatment, less than half of all the acids and vitamins present in it remain.
Best Castor Oil Facial Recipes
It is a great ingredient for creating a variety of creams, masks, gels, lotions and foams. It allows you to remove acne, ugly spots on the face, unnatural oily sheen and other skin problems. It goes well with chicken egg, oatmeal, alcohol, any honey, various decoctions and herbal infusions. The products prepared with their help are safe and natural, they can be used regardless of the type of skin.
Castor oil for acne on the face
In order to get rid of acne as quickly as possible, you need to make compresses and masks, wash your face with homemade castor oil gels. They must be applied regularly, at least twice a week.
To create a product, you can use additional ingredients - lemon juice, honey, an egg, acetylsalicylic acid tablets, various decoctions, sour cream and much more.
We offer 3 of the best recipes:
- Compress … Crumble and dissolve acetylsalicylic acid tablets (2 pcs.) In a glass of boiling water. Combine the solution with calendula decoction (10 ml), egg white (1 pc.) And castor oil (15 ml.). Now lightly moisten a piece of cotton wool or gauze in it and apply it to the area with acne. Leave the compress for 15 minutes, remove and wipe off with a damp towel.
- Mask … Pour wheat germ oil (10 ml) and castor oil (2 tablespoons) into lemon juice (20 drops). Then add sour cream (1 tbsp. L.), Beat the mass and slowly apply it to problem areas using a brush. Leave it on for at least 15 minutes to make it work. Chamomile broth is needed to wash off the remnants of the composition.
- Shower gel … You need to pour in castor oil (3 tablespoons) an extract of white grape seeds (2 tablespoons) and a decoction of chamomile (3 tablespoons). Pour the finished composition into a bottle, cover with a lid and stand for a day. It is used to cleanse the face every morning, rubbing thoroughly into the skin. After this, the remnants of the product are washed off with plain water.
Positive results can be seen already after 1-2 weeks from the beginning of the use of castor oil for the face.
Castor oil for age spots on the face
Before applying this product on the face, they need to lubricate the elbow to exclude individual intolerance and allergic reactions. If the skin here does not redden, then you do not have such a problem.
For the oil to help, it is used every day until the age spots are completely eliminated. For this, a compress or a mask is ideal in combination with additional ingredients - sea buckthorn oil, fresh lemon juice, etc.
The stain removal instructions look like this:
- Combine unrefined castor oil with rosemary oil (10 ml each) and freshly squeezed lemon juice (5 ml).
- Moisten cotton wool or a piece of gauze in the resulting composition.
- Apply the compress to the stain and hold for 20 minutes.
- The gauze can be fixed with a medical adhesive.
- After the specified time, remove the compress and wash.
Important! The stain removal procedure is repeated twice a day, but the changes will be noticeable only after 1-2 months.
Castor oil for the face against wrinkles
This tool can be used both individually and as part of various masks. In the first case, you just need to dip cotton wool into it and walk it through the problem areas. At the end, wash yourself with clean tap water. Repeat the procedure at least twice a week, preferably in the evening before bed. With its help, you can make both age and facial skin folds not so noticeable.
Here are some recipes for the most effective remedies:
- With oils … Mix equal amounts of olive oil, sea buckthorn oil and castor oil. Next, put them in a metal container over low heat and heat a little. When the composition has cooled, dip a cotton pad in it and lubricate all the desired areas. Movements at this time should be massaging and stroking. The duration of the procedure is at least 2-3 minutes, after which the remnants of the product are washed off, and the face is lubricated with a moisturizer.
- With oat flakes … They (3 tbsp. L.) Must be boiled in milk, which is needed so much so that the gruel is thick enough. Then cool it down and mix with honey (2 tsp) and 3 tsp. castor oil. This mass should be applied with gentle movements to the desired areas with a thick layer and left for 20 minutes. It is recommended to make such a mask 1-2 times a week. This option is not suitable for those who suffer from allergies to bee products or have too dry skin.
- With egg … It (1 pc.) Must be combined with castor oil (3 tbsp. L.). The finished composition is heated and applied to a thoroughly washed face, after which it is massaged and washed. This is the perfect recipe for those with dry skin. The mask is applied 2-3 times a week.
Before using anti-wrinkle products, the face must be thoroughly cleansed with a special gel.
How to apply castor oil for oily shine face
The problem of an unnatural shine of the face most often haunts the owners of oily skin types. Castor oil in combination with potatoes, cucumber, apple will help to solve it. From all this, masks are prepared, which must be fresh. Do not leave the product in the refrigerator for more than 2-3 days. If you do store it here, try to always cover it with a lid.
Pay particular attention to the following recipes:
- With potatoes … It (1 piece) will need to be grated, combined with milk (2 tablespoons) and castor oil (2 tablespoons). Stir the mixture well and spoon gently onto your face. Leave the composition for 20 minutes, then remove and wash with a decoction of chamomile.
- With cucumber … Grate it (1 pc.) Without peel, stir with fatty kefir (2 tsp) and castor oil (2 tsp). Then lubricate your face with the mixture and do not rinse it off for 15-20 minutes. When the specified time has passed, remove the product with a damp cloth and wipe the skin with lemon juice.
- With apple … It should be green and sour with no peel. Rub it (1 pc.) And cover with castor oil (2 tbsp. L.). After that, spread the mass evenly over the face, leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse.
Note! Means prepared according to the proposed recipes are suitable even for problem skin.
Applying castor oil to the face for dry skin
With increased peeling of the skin, it must be urgently moisturized. Castor oil in combination with sour cream, melon and various oil vitamins is the best for this. From these ingredients, face masks are made, which are used once every 2-3 days until the dryness goes away. Ready-made compositions almost never cause irritation and are effective for any type of skin.
We suggest preparing the following products:
- With sour cream … Mash it (1, 5 tablespoons) with homemade cottage cheese (1, 5 tablespoons) and castor oil (2 tablespoons). Beat all this with a blender until a homogeneous gruel is formed, which then needs to be applied with a brush on the face. Wash off the composition after 15 minutes.
- With melon … Cut the pulp out of it, which will need 3 tbsp. l., and combine it with castor oil (2 tbsp. l.). Next, beat the mass with a blender so that there are no lumps left, and apply it with a cosmetic brush to problem areas. Soak the product for 10-20 minutes before rinsing; the drier the skin, the longer this time should be.
- With vitamins … You will need a liquid oily solution of alpha-tocopherol and retinol (5 mg each), which must be combined with castor oil (1.5 tablespoons). Then just moisten a cotton pad in the composition and massage the skin with it. The product is kept on the face for about 15 minutes and then washed off.
Castor oil face masks for irritation
The following castor oil facials are great for soothing dry skin. They help with acne, hives and other dermatological conditions. They are used as masks that must be kept on the face for a certain time.
For their preparation, natural ingredients are needed - aloe pulp, chamomile broth, grape juice, green tea. All this has excellent tonic properties.
Below are the best recipes:
- With aloe … Take young leaves of this plant (1-2 small pieces). Then wash them, twist them in a meat grinder, combine with glycerin (5 ml), oat flour (10 g) and castor oil (1 tablespoon). Stir this mass and apply with a brush or with clean fingers slowly on a previously washed and dried face.
- With chamomile … Brew it (1 tablespoon) in half a glass of boiling water. When it cools down, combine 2 tbsp. l. decoction with castor oil (2 tsp) and grape juice (1 tsp). Now add rye bread crumbs (2 slices), previously soaked in water, and apply the mixture to the skin, rubbing thoroughly over the surface. After 15 minutes, wash it off and apply a soothing cream to your face.
- With green tea … Brew it (2 tsp) in boiled water (250 ml). Then strain the composition and pour 50 ml of castor oil into the liquid. Warm it up and apply on your face, leaving it on for 20 minutes.
How to apply castor oil for the face - watch the video:
[media = https://www.youtube.com/watch? v = ovWzKR8zEAU] Given the enormous benefits of the described remedy, it is obvious that there is no need to doubt whether you can smear your face with castor oil at home. This ingredient is one of the safest, most effective and undemanding ingredients! It is not difficult to prepare and use formulations based on it!