Safe and effective microdermabrasion for cleaning the skin of the face, indications for the procedure, contraindications, review of devices and technology for performing at home. Cosmetic scrubs, creams, serums are not able to effectively cope with such a complex of problems, because all these funds are limited to the effect on the surface layer of the skin. Microdermabrasion is a method of deep and more thorough cleaning and intensive stimulation of natural processes at the cellular level.
Contraindications to the facial microdermabrasion procedure
Despite the high degree of safety of microdermabrasion and clear efficacy, this procedure has several contraindications, including the following:
- The presence of open wounds, unhealed burns, abrasions and other mechanical damage to the skin;
- Active stage of herpes;
- Dermatosis, rosacea;
- Infectious diseases;
- Hypersensitivity of the skin.
Carrying out the procedure in the presence of the above-described conditions is fraught with deterioration in the state of health, because Abrasive particles by their effect can suspend the healing process or aggravate it, so it is worthwhile to abandon the microdermabrasion session of the facial skin for a while until all contraindications are eliminated.
Also a contraindication is the presence of individual intolerance used abrasive components. Means for preparing the epidermis and stimulating recovery processes should also be selected taking into account their effectiveness and individual skin characteristics. The appearance of side effects in the form of allergies is an indication for refusing the procedure.
Selection of devices for facial microdermabrasion
Initially, the microdermabrasion method was used only in salons. Now the professional procedure is carried out using expensive equipment. However, its popularity has grown so much that many companies have picked up the fashion trend and developed their own drug complexes in tandem with devices for home micro-peeling procedures.
Options for devices and complexes for microdermabrasion at home:
- Skin Doctors … The kit includes a device called Powerbrasion Micro-Dermabrasion, Exfoliating Crystals scrub, Gamma Hydroxy cream, brush and sponge. The device works in conjunction with a scrub, and the cream is intended for the subsequent processing of the skin. The cost of such a complex is about 7,000 rubles.
- Diamond peeling gezatone … This device is considered professional, but it can be used with great success and ease at home. Its cost is 8500 rubles. Refers to the method of diamond microdermabrasion. Suitable for all skin types, it has several attachments and a system for controlling the time of the procedure. The delivery does not include additional cosmetics.
- RoC Renewex … Micro-peeling system consisting of an electric applicator, two attachments and a cream with micro-crystals of aluminum oxide. The cost is 3000 rubles.
- Resurface-C by Lancome … A complex for micro-peeling at home, consisting of an exfoliating cream and a regenerating serum. The cost is 2300 rubles.
- Kit Micro-abrasion Lift … This is a complex for aluminum grinding. The kit includes an abrasive containing 25% aluminum oxide crystals and an anti-aging concentrate designed to speed up the recovery process. The cost is 3900 rubles.
Instructions for conducting facial microdermabrasion at home
The easiest option for home microdermabrasion is the use of special creams and serums without any devices. The procedure is carried out in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. But manipulations with devices are still more effective. The sequence of actions in the implementation of the procedure at home does not differ from that in the salon.
It is better to rejuvenate the skin in this way in the autumn or winter months, when the solar activity is at its lowest. Follow the recommendations of the manufacturers of the home micro-peels you use to get the most out of your treatments.
The instructions for conducting facial microdermabrasion at home contain the following provisions and recommendations:
- Prepare your skin for the procedure. To do this, remove all makeup and dirt. It is not recommended to use products containing acetylsalicylic acid, alcohol, and retinoic ointment shortly before it.
- Apply a thin layer of an emollient cream or serum.
- Choose the right tip and start the procedure. Microdermabrasion of the face is performed along massage lines. Avoid lip and eyelid treatments. The movements of the apparatus should be unhurried, but it is impossible to linger for a long time in one area. Continuous processing time for one point should not exceed 1 second.
- Apply a revitalizing cream.
Microdermabrasion of the face: before and after
Microdermabrasion plays an important role in maintaining the beauty and health of the skin. The logical result of the procedure is a visible cosmetic effect. It manifests itself in the narrowing of pores, leveling the relief of the skin, including smoothing wrinkles, eliminating irregularities in the form of scars and scars.
The complexion is significantly improved, pigmentation spots are eliminated. Sebum production is regulated, oily sheen disappears. At the same time, decorative cosmetic products fall on smooth healthy skin more evenly, and the durability of the make-up is significantly increased.
To achieve the maximum effect, after microdermabrasion, you should adhere to several rules:
- During the recovery period, do not apply alcohol lotions to the treated areas.
- Refuse for the entire recovery period from using foundation, powder, scrubs and various kinds of peelings.
- Forget about visiting the solarium for 30 days, as well as any kind of steam room for 2 weeks.
- Use an SPF cream.
- To prevent excessive sweating, which slows down tissue regeneration, avoid excessive physical exertion.
Of course, home complexes for microdermabrasion are much cheaper than salon procedures. But in fairness, it is worth noting that the effectiveness of a professional procedure is several times higher, therefore, the list of indications is wider. At home, it is almost impossible to get rid of acne scars and scars. devices and means are more gentle and cannot have the necessary effect.
Home micro peeling is more suitable for maintaining youthful skin. And to save the result, it is necessary to carry out the procedure on an ongoing basis. To solve existing problems with the skin, it is better to choose professional microdermabrasion.
Real reviews of the facial microdermabrasion procedure
Microdermabrasion skin resurfacing is considered an effective treatment for acne, scars, enlarged pores, acne, comedones and other skin problems. On the Internet, you can find a lot of reviews about this service - both positive and negative.
Victoria, 31 years old
At the beginning of winter, my skin did not look the best - vitamin deficiency and chronic fatigue affected. Dryness and peeling appeared in places, elasticity disappeared, and post-acne was also present. In general, I was looking for a beauty procedure suitable for my problems. The salon was advised to do microdermabrasion. Immediately, I was a little unpleasantly surprised by the high price of the service. But maybe I just chose an expensive salon. I had diamond microdermabrasion done. They washed, applied some kind of substance and began to process the device. Feels like a cat is licking with a rough tongue. But that was with the first nozzle. Then the attachments were changed and the sensations intensified. This is not to say that it was painful, but unpleasant. Problem areas of the skin were treated especially carefully. We finished the procedure by applying an alginate mask. By evening, I was all flushed, and my face looked as if it were heavily weathered. It felt as if the top layer of my skin was being ripped off. After a couple of days, she began to peel off strongly. I smeared the skin with snail cream, and it noticeably softened the epidermis. A week later, I easily scrubbed the remnants of the "husk" and was pleasantly surprised - my skin was not so soft for a long time. The next procedure was prescribed to me three weeks later, but after it there was no such effect as after the first one. As if I just scrubbed the skin, and that's it. Maybe because of what the other master was doing, I don't know. But overall, I am very happy with this procedure and will do it sometimes.
Marina, 27 years old
I read about the “magic” microdermabrasion procedure on the website of my favorite beauty salon. I decided that in the pursuit of beauty, I don’t mind any money, and made an appointment with a beautician. He promised me deep cleansing, polishing of the skin, smoothing of acne scars, elimination of fine wrinkles and a general improvement in the color and turgor of the epidermis. First, they cleaned the skin, then applied some kind of mask and began to buzz down the face with the apparatus. Exfoliated skin particles are sucked into the handpiece of the device. After treatment, a mask is applied again to calm the epidermis. The duration of the entire procedure is about half an hour. Feels like it is completely painless. And the result … It didn’t impress me, but in general it disappointed me. For that kind of money, I didn’t get any narrowed pores, no even complexion, or, moreover, any noticeable rejuvenation. The only plus - the skin became smoother, like after home scrubbing. Perhaps the master chose the wrong mode, because I heard that with microdermabrasion there are unpleasant sensations. Anyway, for this money I would do an ultrasound face cleaning with the best effect!
Evgeniya, 37 years old
My skin has already begun to fade, "crow's feet" appeared, the oval of the face swam a little, nasolabial folds began to stand out. Last winter I did a chemical peel for my face. I thought I would not survive this scorching heat! True, the results were quite noticeable: post-acne, part of the wrinkles were gone, the relief of the skin was leveled. In the spring, the beautician advised to do microdermabrasion as an alternative to peeling, which cannot be done in the sunny season. And this procedure is also cheaper. And according to the feelings - so generally incomparable. They drive a typewriter over the face, it exfoliates the skin, it does not hurt at all. Only slightly tingles the face. Pure pleasure. Then another mask and massage was done. I really liked the procedure, it is also pleasant, and the result is quite noticeable - the skin tightened, became more elastic. Deep wrinkles, of course, will not go away, but microdermabrasion is very suitable for maintaining the freshness of the face. In total, I did 4 procedures in three months. Now I plan to do the next course in about a year.
Photos before and after facial microdermabrasion
Watch a video about the facial microdermabrasion machine:
Reviews of microdermabrasion as a method of rejuvenation are different. The result depends on many factors, the main ones being the condition of the skin and the method used. The best performance is characterized by salon diamond microdermabrasion.