Oven baked bacon with mustard and spices in a sleeve or foil … can be sliced as a cold snack or consumed hot from the oven. Surely many will like the appetizer, so I am sharing a step-by-step recipe with a photo. Video recipe.
- Step-by-step cooking of bacon baked in the oven with mustard and spices
- Video recipe
Lard is the most valuable food product. It is a solid animal fat that is deposited in animals. It's delicious to just pickle it and eat it fresh. But today we'll talk about how to cook deliciously oven baked bacon with mustard and spices. This is done very simply, but the result is an excellent appetizer that can be offered at home in the form of an everyday hearty breakfast: by cutting lard instead of store sausage and putting it on a piece of bread. Also, baked bacon will be worthy to take a place on the festive table next to cold cuts. Anyway, baked bacon is a great snack for any occasion. It will delight absolutely everyone, but especially the strong half of humanity. Men like to put their own lard on a slice of homemade bread with a fresh green onion, and under a glass of cold vodka.
You can cook lard in the oven in the simplest way with salt and black pepper. But the appetizer with mustard and various spices is much tastier and more aromatic. And baking in the sleeve makes the bacon soft and tender. All spices give him their aroma and soak to the ground. In the absence of a sleeve, you can bake meat in foil, but in the sleeve it is much easier and tastier. Take a piece of bacon from any part of the carcass, it will even fit with a slot, it will still turn out delicious. The cooking technology is simple: first marinate, then bake, cool and chill in the refrigerator, because the colder it is, the easier it is to cut.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 715 kcal.
- Servings - Any
- Cooking time - 1 hour 30 minutes
- Raw lard - a piece of about 20 cm.
- Ground black pepper - 0.5 tsp
- Any spices and spices to taste
- Mustard - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Ground coriander - 0.5 tsp
- Ground nutmeg - 0.5 tsp
Step-by-step cooking of bacon baked in the oven with mustard and spices, recipe with photo:
1. Pour all the spices into a container, add mustard and pass the peeled garlic cloves through a press.
2. Mix the spices and herbs well until smooth to form a moderately liquid gruel.
3. Spread the lard on all sides with the prepared sauce. For baking, take only fresh bacon. I do not recommend using salted or frozen food.
4. Wrap the bacon in a roasting sleeve and leave to marinate for half an hour. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and bake the appetizer for half an hour. Due to the large amount of fat, you don't have to worry about the piece getting dry. But you shouldn't overexpose it in the oven either. Otherwise, the fat can be completely melted out and instead of lard, you will take out an incomprehensible, unsightly piece from the oven.
5. Oven baked bacon with mustard and spices can be eaten hot immediately after cooking. Pour the mashed potatoes with the melted fat. It can also be cooled to room temperature and chilled well in the refrigerator. Then serve it like a cut for sandwiches.
See also a video recipe on how to cook lard in foil.