Why buy ready-made or order profiteroles at a restaurant? You can make them yourself at home! I propose a step-by-step recipe with a photo that will help you avoid mistakes and prepare a delicious dessert. Video recipe.
- Step by step preparation of choux pastry for profiteroles
- Video recipe
Profiteroles came to us from sophisticated French cuisine. In French, profiteroles mean "benefit". Since the dough is kneaded a little, and when baking, the products increase in size several times. The result is many small buns. Therefore, this dessert is a very convenient snack. Now profiteroles are sold in every coffee shop. They are prepared from choux pastry, which is considered rather difficult to prepare. Therefore, housewives do not often decide on this "feat" at home. Although, in fact, preparing a dessert is not very difficult if you know some of the subtleties. Then the laborious cooking process, as it seems at first glance, will turn into a pleasant pastime, and the result will delight all eaters and decorate any feast.
Small round profiteroles can be both an appetizer with savory filling and a sweet dessert, depending on the filling. Although they are served empty instead of bread for the first courses: soups and broths. You can add a variety of products to choux pastry, from spices to cheese. It depends on the further use of the baking. When adding spices, do it at the same time as the flour. And if the product is heavier, then after adding eggs.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 218 kcal.
- The number of servings is about 13-15 pcs.
- Cooking time - 1 hour 10 minutes
- Flour - 150 g
- Water - 200 ml
- Eggs - 3 pcs.
- Butter - 100 g
- Sugar - a pinch
- Salt - a pinch
Step by step preparation of choux pastry for profiteroles, recipe with photo:
1. Cut the butter into slices and place in a bowl, which is placed on a saucepan of boiling water.
2. In a steam bath, melt butter and add water. Stir the mixture regularly to get a uniform consistency.
3. Add flour to a bowl and sift through a fine sieve to enrich it with oxygen. Then the profiteroles will be softer and softer.
4. Keep bowl on fire and knead the dough well until smooth and smooth. Remove from heat when a thin film remains on the pan. After removing it from the stove, continue to knead it vigorously further so that there are no lumps left. Knead until the dough cools down to room temperature and does not stick off the walls.
5. Combine eggs in a bowl and mix well until smooth. Little by little (1 tablespoon each), pour them into the dough and mix. After stirring in one serving, add the next. You should have a dough consistency like thick sour cream. That is, the custard dough for profiteroles should be liquid, while not spreading much.
6. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and grease with refined vegetable oil. Using a pastry bag or a wet tablespoon, place the dough on a baking sheet at a short distance from each other (2-4 cm), because it will increase in size during baking.
7. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and send the profiteroles to bake for 15-20 minutes. At the same time, do not open the cabinet door, otherwise they will not rise.
See also a video recipe on how to make choux pastry for profiteroles.