Recipes and ingredients for honey face masks. Features of the preparation and use of cosmetics. Honey face mask is a nutritious mixture that will help get rid of many dermatological problems. Since ancient times, honey has been used internally to treat various ailments, but beauties at all times have used bee nectar to rejuvenate and nourish the face.
Why honey face masks are useful
Honey is a natural vitamin cocktail. In the process of maturation in the honeycomb, the sticky golden liquid is, as it were, canned, which allows it to be stored for a very long time. Thanks to this, honey is known for its antibacterial properties.
The benefits of honey mask for acne
Often, bee nectar products are used to eliminate rashes and acne.
Components of honey that eliminate acne:
- Vitamin C… It promotes rapid healing of wounds and inflammations. In addition, it improves the synthesis of fibers responsible for tissue elasticity. Eliminates dryness and flaking after using aggressive products for the care of a problem face.
- Zinc… Differs in antibacterial effect. It regulates the sebaceous glands, helping to normalize oily skin. In addition, the trace mineral soothes irritation and redness.
- Polyphenols… These components are inhibitors of oxidative processes in the epidermis.
The benefits of a mask with honey for wrinkles
With age, the number of wrinkles increases. Moreover, the drier the epidermis, the sooner it ages. This problem is also solved by honey.
Effectiveness of honey for wrinkles:
- Vitamin E… Improves the elasticity of the epidermis. It nourishes the deep layers of the skin and slows down the formation of wrinkles.
- Vitamin A… It prevents the skin from drying out and stimulates the production of vitamin D.
- Folacin… It is a compound that combines folic acid derivatives. Such substances are involved in the synthesis of skin cells and rejuvenate it. With a lack of this compound, the skin quickly shrinks due to a decrease in the rate of cell division.
- Vitamin H… It can be considered one of the most important for maintaining healthy skin. It is he who participates in the production of elastin, which maintains the contours of the face.
Why is honey mask useful for dry skin?
Usually, for the preparation of masks for the care of dry epidermis, some vegetable oils and fats are used along with honey. The purpose of the procedure is to prevent the evaporation of moisture from the upper layers of the skin.
Effectiveness of honey for dry skin:
- B vitamins… The composition of honey contains vitamins B1, B2, B6. They stimulate metabolic reactions at the cellular level, improving the elasticity of the epidermis.
- Vitamin B3… Creates an invisible mesh-like framework that prevents moisture from evaporating. This compound dilates blood vessels and improves blood circulation in the upper layers of the skin.
- Vitamin B10… It is a powerful antioxidant that keeps the epidermis from dehydration.
Benefits of a mask with honey for oily skin
Bee nectar contains many substances that regulate the amount of sebum and relieve inflammation. With regular use of masks with honey, you can get rid of acne and comedones, which are frequent companions of oily skin.
Benefits of honey for oily skin:
- Proteins and organic acids… Due to the presence of these components in the bee nectar, it has astringent and healing properties.
- Boron… The presence of this trace element in honey promotes proper cell division, which minimizes blockage of the sebaceous ducts and the formation of acne.
- Phytoestrogens… These substances prevent the secretion of large amounts of sebum, which improves the condition of the face.
- Fructose and glucose… Absorbs excess sebum, improving the condition of the oily epidermis.
Benefits of a rejuvenating honey mask
Honey is a versatile remedy that will help to cope with any skin ailments. Bee nectar rejuvenates the epidermis and slows down the reactions that contribute to aging.
Useful components of honey for facial rejuvenation:
- Vitamins A, C and E… These are natural antioxidants. They bind active particles that knock out some of the cells, accelerating the aging process.
- B vitamins… They normalize muscle contractions, which prevents the appearance of new folds and wrinkles.
- Dextrins… These are starchy substances called "skin glue". Dextrins bind "broken" cells, preventing the formation of deep wrinkles.
Contraindications to the use of honey face masks
Despite the benefits of bee nectar for the skin and its rich chemical composition, honey masks have contraindications.
Contraindications for using honey for the skin:
- Diabetes… Despite the fact that fructose is a natural sugar, it should not be used by people with a diseased pancreas and diabetes.
- Vascular spiders… Using honey will aggravate the situation and capillary problems will become more noticeable.
- Excessive hair growth… Honey will improve the nutrition of the follicles and hair follicles, so the facial hair will become thicker.
- Bronchial asthma… This ailment retains carbohydrates in the body, so honey should not be used even to nourish the skin. After all, there is a lot of sugar in it.
- Allergic reactions… 10% of people have severe allergies to bee products. If you develop breakouts or redness after eating, do not use bee nectar on your face.
Honey face mask recipes
Of course, it is not necessary to mix honey for the preparation of masks with something. But some products enhance the effect of bee nectar and additionally nourish and moisturize the epidermis.
Honey lemon face mask
This mask is good because it combines two unique products. Honey opens pores, and lemon saturates the deep layers of the epidermis with vitamins and minerals. This mask removes age spots and dries up very oily skin. It's easy to make at home.
Recipes for honey and lemon masks:
- Whitening… To prepare a unique product, mix 20 g of lemon pulp with 30 g of liquid bee nectar. Parse the skin and apply the mixture with a hammering motion. Rinse off preferably with cold water.
- Rejuvenating… Mix equal proportions of lemon pulp with sweet nectar. Add yolk and 25 g of vegetable oil to the vitamin mixture. Using a silicone brush, combine the ingredients and apply a thick layer to the skin. After half an hour, remove with wet wipes.
- Lifting… It is a very effective tool for improving facial contours. Add 25 g of honey and lemon juice to a bowl. In this viscous liquid, add the egg white and stir vigorously. Apply the mixture with your fingers or a brush and leave for 25 minutes.
- For oily skin… Mix in a bowl 25 g of ripe lemon juice and bee nectar. Pour 20 g of sea salt into a thick liquid and pour in 15 ml of sage broth. You will get a viscous liquid with grains. Apply it all over your face and sit for 30 minutes. Rinse off preferably with sage broth.
- Scrub… Heat the honey in a water bath and add 20 g of lemon juice. Pour 15 g of oatmeal into the mixture. Stir and massage over the face. Leave it on for 15 minutes. Rub your face while rinsing. This will help you remove the keratinized epidermis.
- For problem skin… Make a strong green tea brew. Mix 20 g of honey and 25 g of lemon pulp in a bowl. Pour in a spoonful of green tea. Apply to skin for 15 minutes.
Coffee and honey face mask
Usually, coffee is added when preparing masks as a scrubbing component. Pieces of coffee gently exfoliate dead skin particles, and honey penetrates into the deep layers of the skin and cleanses them.
Coffee and honey mask recipes:
- For acne… This is a great scrub that will get rid of blackheads and sore pimples. Heat leftover morning coffee. The thick should be warm. Add 25 g of honey to the coffee gruel. Grind 5 salicylic acid (aspirin) tablets into a powder. Pour into brown paste. Leave it on your face for 30 minutes. It is allowed to prepare such a mask from freshly ground grains without brewing them.
- Rejuvenating… The mask is prepared from the products that are available in every refrigerator. Beat an egg into a cup of coffee grounds and add 30 g sour cream. The fattier the sour cream, the better. Add 30 g of honey. Stir the mixture and leave it on your face for 20 minutes.
- Toning… To prepare the mixture, mix the residues after drinking coffee with fatty yogurt and cocoa powder. Pour 30 g of liquid honey into the mixture. Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Moisturizing… Brew natural coffee. Add 25 g of honey and 20 g of olive oil to the thick. Stir the mixture and apply it to cleansed face. Keep it on for 15 minutes.
Note! The coffee grounds should not be sweet, creamy, or milk-based.
Honey oatmeal face mask
Oatmeal in face masks is used as an anti-inflammatory agent. In addition, this cereal exfoliates dead particles of the epidermis and enhances cell regeneration.
Oatmeal and honey face mask recipes:
- Moisturizing… Pour hot milk over a handful of oat flakes. It is necessary for the liquid to coat the oatmeal. Cover the bowl with a lid and let sit for 20 minutes. You should have a porridge. Add 30 g of honey and mashed banana to the resulting viscous mass. It is better to apply a thick puree lying down, as the mass can slide off the face. Leave it on for 20 minutes and remove with warm water.
- Rejuvenating… To prepare a healing remedy, grind the flakes into flour and pour the powder with strong tea leaves. Leave it on for 15 minutes. During this time, the mass will slightly increase in volume. Pour in 30 g of honey and 5 drops of lemon juice. Leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water.
- Toning… In a bowl, mix a handful of cereal with 50 ml of warm water. You can take a decoction of herbs. Leave the mixture on for 10 minutes. Add 30 g of honey and yolk to the porridge. Keep on the skin for 20 minutes.
- For acne… Make a mint and chamomile tea. Warm it up and pour liquid over a handful of flakes. When the mixture has cooled slightly, pour in 30 g of honey. Stir and keep for 25 minutes. Before the procedure, you should sit over the steam, covering your head with a towel. This will open up the pores and improve the penetration of the mixture.
How to make a honey face mask at home
It is worth noting that masks with honey have their own nuances during the preparation process. Indeed, when the bee nectar is heated above 60-80 ° C, all useful substances disappear. This is due to chemical reactions that occur at elevated temperatures.
Features of making honey face masks:
- Heat treatment… Recipes often indicate that honey must be added liquid to the mixture. But do not rush to put a saucepan with a treat on the fire. You can heat nectar only in a water bath. Or just dip a glass of honey in a jar of hot water.
- Mix temperature… Often you need to use eggs and warmed honey to prepare a mask. Add the white or yolk to the lukewarm mass. Otherwise, the egg will curdle.
- Honey consistency… It is best to use fresh nectar for the preparation of masks. It contains the most nutrients and amino acids. But for the preparation of scrubs, you can safely use candied honey. It gently removes dead skin epidermis.
- Exposure time… If the recipe does not indicate that the mixture must be kept until dry, then leave the product for 15-20 minutes. This will be enough for the honey to open the pores and penetrate inside.
How often can honey face masks be done?
The frequency of using masks with honey depends on their composition and purpose.
Features of using honey masks:
- Moisturizers are applied every three days.It is advisable to clean the skin before use, but do not need to steam.
- Masks for oily epidermis with onions or lemon juice are used no more than 1 time in 7 days. Citrus juice whitens and dries the skin a little. Therefore, instead of eliminating the excessive greasiness of the epidermis, you will exacerbate the problem.
- Nectar and oatmeal masks can be used every other day. In this case, it is advisable to grind the flakes into powder or steam them with boiling water. This will not injure your skin.
- Apply nourishing honey masks once a week. They usually contain vegetable oil or other fatty components. They can clog pores with frequent use.
How to make a honey face mask - watch the video:
Honey is a unique product that will give health not only to the organs, but also to the skin. Bee nectar masks are often used to heal the body and hair.