Features of making pies with berries. TOP 6 best recipes with different types of fillings that melt in your mouth. Video recipes.
Berry Pie is a quick, tasty and healthy baked product that can be made from puff pastry, yeast dough or shortcrust pastry. Any seasonal berries are used as a filling, both fresh and frozen. Next, the most delicious recipes for pie with berries from different types of dough, which can be baked in the oven or cooked in the microwave.
Features of making pies with berries
When it comes to such baked goods, first of all, you need to pay attention to the filling. You can use both fresh, only harvested berries, and frozen. In the first case, the fruits must be sorted out before use, cleaned of leaves, branches, debris, and then gently rinsed. After washing, discard the berries in a colander so that the water is glass, and then evenly in 1 layer spread over a paper towel so that it absorbs the remaining moisture. The dry berry is ready to use or to freeze.
If berries are prepared in the freezer in the summer, then they must first be defrosted before using for baking. The taste of frozen fruits practically does not differ from fresh ones, they retain all the useful vitamins and minerals, but after defrosting their consistency may slightly change. Usually, defrosted berries become looser, viscous and watery. If you want the pie to turn out more juicy, leave the berries as they are to thicken the filling, mix the defrosted fruits with starch or flour.
The following berries are usually used for the filling:
Cottage cheese or fresh fruits - plums, apples, pears - are also added to the filling. The sweetness of the baked goods can be varied by increasing or decreasing the amount of sugar that will be added to the filling.
The dough can also be different:
- By leaps and bounds;
- On margarine;
- On kefir; On sour cream.
You can add cardamom, cinnamon, vanillin, citrus zest, and other spices and additives to add flavor to the dough.
Pies with berries are baked in the oven or in a slow cooker. The choice of cooking method depends on the preferences of the hostess. When using frozen berries, baked goods take 5 minutes longer to cook. When using a multicooker for the first time, check if it has a special baking mode.
Before serving, baked goods must be decorated. To do this, you can use icing sugar, cinnamon and other bulk products.
TOP 6 recipes for pies with berries
Homemade berry pies are always associated with summer, forest and garden scent. They can be yeast, aspic, flaky, or sandy. For the filling, you can use any berries available in the refrigerator or freezer. We bring to your attention the most delicious step-by-step recipes from different types of dough. Cooking them is simple and quick: after spending no more than an hour, you can surprise your guests and loved ones with delicious and aromatic pastries.
Sand cake with berries
According to this recipe, the shortbread pie with berries comes out very light, porous and slightly crunchy. It is very quick and easy to cook, so even beginners can use it. Pastries with fresh homemade strawberries are very tasty, but it is quite possible to make a pie with wild berries - both fresh and frozen.
- Caloric content per 100 g - 293 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 1 hour 10 minutes
- Flour - 400 g
- Strawberry - 500 g
- Vanillin - 1 pinch
- Sugar - 180 g
- Eggs - 1 pc.
- Margarine - 200 g
- Yolk - 1 pc.
Step by step preparation of shortbread pie with berries:
- Sort the berries, wash, discard on a sieve so that excess water is drained from them. Pour 100 g of granulated sugar into dry fruits, mix everything gently.
- Break an egg into a deep container, add the yolk, vanillin, the remaining sugar and soft margarine. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Add flour to the egg-margarine mass. Do this gradually, kneading the dough with a fork after each adding flour.
- Knead a soft, elastic dough and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Divide the dough into 2 unequal parts: use 3/4 to form the base of the cake, 1/4 to beautifully decorate the top layer.
- Spread a larger piece of dough evenly over the bottom of the greased baking dish and form the sides.
- Spread the berries over the base.
- Grill a smaller piece of dough over the filling, or simply sprinkle it evenly over the strawberries.
- Bake shortcrust cake with berries at 180 ° C for 25-30 minutes.
If it's a rainy summer and the berries are a little sour, add a little more sugar to the filling. Chill the finished treat slightly and serve. Shortbread will be delicious both warm and cold.
Jellied Pie with Berries
Due to the fact that this pie with berries on kefir is prepared, it comes out very tender and juicy. The amount of granulated sugar in it can be slightly altered depending on how sweet you want it to be. The recipe for a jellied pie with berries does not involve rolling out the dough, it is prepared very quickly and easily.
- Kefir - 2 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1-2 tbsp.
- Eggs - 4 pcs.
- Soda - 1 tsp
- Wheat flour - 650-700 g
- Vanilla sugar - 2 tsp
- Frozen berries - 400-500 g
Step by step preparation of jellied pie with berries:
- Break the eggs into a deep container, add sugar and vanilla sugar to them. Beat everything with a blender.
- Pour kefir into the egg mass, add soda, beat everything again with a blender, add sifted flour and mix everything until smooth. The dough should be slightly thicker than sour cream.
- Defrost the berries, drain the resulting juice.
- Grease a baking dish with oil. Spread half of the dough evenly over the bottom of the mold.
- Spread the filling evenly over the base, and above it the filling for the pie with berries from the remaining dough.
- Bake the cake for 50-60 minutes at 180-190 ° C. Check the readiness of the baking with a match. If dough remains on it, then the jellied berry pie is not ready yet.
- In summer, such pastries go well with lemonade, compote or other soft drinks.
Sour cream pie with berries
This is a very simple pie with berries, which takes no more than an hour to cook. It turns out to be very tender, soft and aromatic. Even a beginner can easily bake it.
- Frozen berries - 350 g
- Flour - 220 g
- Sugar - 150
- Eggs - 3-4 pcs.
- Baking dough - 1 tsp
- Butter - 180 g
- Thick sour cream - 200 g
Step by step preparation of sour cream pie with berries:
- Grind the butter with 100 g of sugar into crumbs.
- Break eggs into butter, mix everything thoroughly.
- Sift flour, add baking powder and add to egg-oil mixture. Knead a firm shortbread dough.
- Grease a baking dish with oil, evenly distribute all the dough along the bottom with a slight overlap on the sides.
- Defrost the berries, drain the resulting juice. To make a pie with sour cream and berries, mix the thawed fruits with the remaining sugar and sour cream. If you want to make a simple berry filling, you do not need to add sour cream.
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough. Since this is an open berry pie, do not cover or grease it with anything.
- Place the form in the oven for 20-30 minutes and bake the cake at 200 ° C.
When the sour cream pie with berries has cooled slightly and the filling has slightly hardened, remove it from the mold and cut into portions. If desired, each piece can be sprinkled with powdered sugar on top, garnished with mint leaves and fresh berries.
Curd pie with berries
The uniqueness of this recipe lies in the fact that the pie with berries is baked in a slow cooker, and not in the oven. Fresh currants are best suited for the filling; they will give the baked goods a unique aroma and a slight sour taste. If there is no currant, then for the curd and berry filling, you can use raspberries, blueberries or any other sweet berry with a sour taste. It is best to buy cottage cheese with a fat content of no more than 5%. If it is too hard, rub it through a sieve before use.
- Butter - 25 g (for dough)
- Flour - 100 g (for dough)
- Sugar - 200 g (for dough)
- Baking powder for dough - 1 tsp. (for test)
- Cottage cheese - 250 g (for filling)
- Eggs - 2 pcs. (For filling)
- Sugar - 3 tablespoons (For filling)
- Black currant - 250 g (for filling)
Step-by-step preparation of curd pie with berries:
- In a deep bowl, mix the cottage cheese with the sugar.
- Remove the oil from the refrigerator 1-2 hours before cooking until it softens slightly.
- Sift flour, add baking powder and sugar into it, mix everything.
- Throw butter into flour, mix everything thoroughly, knead the dough. It should be crumbly.
- Drive eggs into cottage cheese with sugar, mix everything until smooth.
- Grease the bowl of the multicooker with oil, put baking paper inside, so that it is more convenient to take out the curd pie with berries after cooking.
- Divide the dough into 2 unequal parts. Spread 2/3 of the dough evenly over the bottom of the bowl, forming the sides.
- Pour the curd filling onto the dough base.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the remaining portion of the dough. dry crumbs in a separate plate. Spread the rest evenly over the curd filling.
- Wash the berries, dry and distribute evenly on top of the base. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons on top of the berries. dry crumbs.
- Close the lid of the multicooker, select the desired mode, for example, "Baking". Set the baking time to 50 minutes.
When the pie with cottage cheese and berries is cooked, do not rush to get it out, let it infuse a little under the lid, then it will be easier to remove it from the multicooker bowl. Sprinkle the treat with powdered sugar before serving.
Yeast pie with berries
This is the most commonly used recipe for an oven-baked berry pie, as it turns out to be hearty, fluffy and quite weighty on yeast dough. One such pastry is enough for a big tea party, and if you try and make decorations from the dough, then it can even become a decoration for a festive sweet table.
- Potato starch - 1, 5-2 tbsp.
- Sunflower oil - 3-4 tablespoons
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Water - 60 ml
- Frozen berries - 300 g
- Table salt - 1 pinch
- Vanilla sugar - 1-2 tsp
- Sugar - 6 tablespoons
- Sour cream (any fat content) - 60 ml
- Wheat flour - 290 g
- Dry yeast - 1-1.5 tsp
Step by step preparation of yeast pie with berries:
- Pour dry yeast in a deep container with lukewarm water, wait 10 minutes for a "cap" to appear.
- Beat the egg into a separate container, add 3 tbsp into it. sugar and pour in sour cream. Mix everything, salt, add vanilla sugar, water with suitable yeast and mix everything again.
- Gradually add flour to the egg-yeast mass, stirring constantly, to get an elastic, thick dough. Put the yeast dough for pie with berries in a warm place without drafts for 20-40 minutes so that it increases in volume.
- Defrost the berries at room temperature, drain the juice formed after defrosting. If you are using cherries, cherries or any other pitted berries, you need to get them in advance.
- Mix sugar with starch. Add berries to the resulting mixture, mix everything gently.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces of unequal size. The big one will be the base, the smaller one will be the top layer.
- Sprinkle the table with flour, roll a large piece with a rolling pin.
- Lubricate the mold with fat, spread the rolled dough along the bottom, going onto the sides of the mold.
- Place the filling evenly over the base.
- Roll the smaller piece of dough into a thin layer and cut into strips.Use the stripes to create a mesh on the cake. You can not cut the dough, but make a closed yeast pie with berries, just covering the filling with a rolled out thin layer of dough.
- Break the remaining egg, separate the white from the yolk. Brush the top of the dough with whipped yolk.
- Bake the pie 35-40 minutes at 180-190 ° C.
- When the pastries have cooled slightly, remove them from the mold, cut into portions and serve with tea, coffee or with a glass of milk.
Layer pie with berries
This is a simple, but nevertheless very tasty pie with berries, which is prepared much faster than the previous baking, because you do not need to make the dough yourself to make it. It is now sold in any supermarket. The baked goods are very aromatic and crispy. Due to its low time consumption, it can be done for breakfast with a morning cup of coffee.
- Ready-made puff pastry (sweet) - 500 g
- Defrosted berries - 350-400 g
- Sugar - 7 tablespoons
- Butter - 20 g
- Egg - 1 pc.
Step-by-step preparation of puff pastry with berries:
- Defrost the dough, unfold and roll out with a rolling pin into 2 identical layers.
- Lubricate the mold with oil, distribute the first layer over it, while forming the sides of the cake.
- Drain excess juice from thawed berries. If you want to make a pie with fresh berries, wash them, remove seeds, twigs, leaves and let them dry lightly on a paper towel. Mix berries with sugar.
- Spread the filling evenly over the base.
- Close the filling with the second layer of dough, carefully pinching the edges. Use a fork to make several punctures in the top layer of the cake, this is necessary for the steam to escape from the filling.
- Bake the berry puff pie at 190 ° C for 20-30 minutes.
This recipe will save you if guests suddenly come to you for tea or when you just want to please your loved ones with a sweet pie with berries without spending a lot of time on it.