What foods are good for eyesight? What are the main components needed to see well? What is the danger of a lack of vitamins in the body for eye health? You can get answers to all these questions in our article. As you know, a person receives 80% of information through the eyes. This is one of the main organs necessary for life, which ensures a normal existence in the surrounding world. Technological progress is developing at a high speed, and scientists are creating more and more new techniques, thanks to which we can be enlightened in any area. But, unfortunately, most of them have a very negative effect on our eyes. Often the cause of visual impairment is bad habits, which generally poison the entire body. In addition, with age, the eyes are prone to various diseases and not timely treatment can even lead to a complete loss of vision.
In order for your organ of vision to work without interruptions, it is very important not only to be regularly examined by a specialist, but also to ensure that the body receives all the necessary nutrients. After all, thanks to proper nutrition, you will not only have a beautiful figure, but also improve the performance of all systems.
Essential ingredients for eye health
The eyes are the most vulnerable human organ, as they are very weakly protected. Therefore, it is necessary not only to protect them from injury, but regularly consume foods that can keep our eyes healthy. For this, the body must receive the following basic vitamins and elements:
- fatty acids (fish, spices, vegetable oils);
- amino acids (dairy products, cereals, vegetables);
- carotenoids (foods high in vegetable fats);
- vitamin E (different types of cabbage, greens, sea fish);
- vitamin A and vitamin C;
- chrome (starchy foods).
All these substances are important for the prevention of eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts, myopia, etc. By consuming products containing them, you can preserve your vision for many years. For a more detailed knowledge of what foods you need to eat in order to see well, let's look at their main groups, and how they affect visual acuity.
- Fruits and berries very useful not only for vision, but also for the whole organism. The main ones that will help maintain visual acuity are kiwi, bananas, oranges, apricots. Also from the berries you need to use blueberries, mountain ash, sea buckthorn and rose hips (the leader of vitamin C). They contain a lot of vitamins C and A, which free the body from free radicals, which have a detrimental effect on humans. Lack of these vitamins leads to premature aging of the body, which means that vision deteriorates. Therefore, you just need to include these healthy foods in your diet.
- Vegetables. From vegetables for the eyes, you need to eat beets, potatoes, carrots. Carrot juice works well on the eyes, which must be taken every day on an empty stomach. You also need to eat different types of cabbage, especially broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower. In addition to vitamin E, they contain lutein, which protects the lenses of the eyes from cataracts.
- A fish is the richest source of omega 3 fatty acids. They help the entire body to function properly, including the visual organ. By consuming fish such as salmon, trout, tuna and herring, you can have excellent eyesight regardless of age.
- Onion and garlic - these are the most useful plants from the onion family. Indeed, in addition to the fact that they strengthen the body, protecting it from harmful external factors, they contain the macronutrient sulfur. This substance influences healthy tissue growth.Therefore, the use of these products will protect the eyes from inflammation such as conjunctivitis and degenerative eye diseases.
- Black chocolate has a positive effect on the eyes, as it strengthens their shell. The main component of chocolate is flavonoids. Due to their plant origin, these substances have a strong antioxidant effect. But you need to use chocolate with caution, because a poor-quality product can adversely affect your health. Excessive consumption of sweets can lead to allergic conjunctivitis, so read the ingredients carefully.
- Legumes is an excellent source of vitamins for eye health. Among them, soybeans, asparagus, beans, peas occupy a special place. It is also a huge source of vitamin A, which protects the eyes from the harmful effects of external factors.
- Greens. Spinach, parsley, lettuce contain a lot of lutein, which prevents the development of cataracts. Greens can be eaten raw, for example, in salads, since more vitamins are stored in the raw form. If desired, it can be added to any dishes, to stews from vegetables, to meat, etc. To prevent diseases of the optic nerve, doctors recommend taking 1 tsp of parsley juice daily.
- Eggs. Due to their high protein content, they help to improve vision and also prevent the development of cataracts. To do this, you must definitely introduce this product into your diet, the rate of which should be 3 × 4 pcs. in Week.
- Vegetable fats very good for eye fatigue. They strengthen the eye vessels, which is the prevention of retinal degeneration. First of all, the source of such fats is different types of nuts: walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, etc. Avocados are the champion in the healthy composition of vegetable fats. It has a positive effect on the work of all organs and systems, since it contains a lot of carbohydrates, which are important for maintaining good vision.
- Dairy products due to the high content of calcium, they are simply necessary for the normal functioning of the body. By consuming them, he receives the substance beta-carotene, which strengthens the membrane of the eyes and prevents the development of farsightedness and myopia. You need to eat dairy and fermented milk products: milk, yogurt, kefir, fermented baked milk, cottage cheese, etc.
For the healthy functioning of the body, a person needs to remember that he needs vitamins. Proper nutrition, which includes the use of natural products, allows it to function properly, and it is also the prevention of many diseases. If you want to preserve your vision for a long time, then you should know about the main products that contribute to this. Use them for good vision, combine them to your taste and prepare healthy meals.
Video about vision products containing vitamins that are useful for the eyes with myopia, myopia, astigmatism: