How to make a delicious and hearty soup with lentils and smoked salmon ridges. A step-by-step recipe with a photo of a nutritious dish. Video recipe.
Salmon is an elite fish, and even its ridge and tail are worthy of use. If you still have bone-loin cuttings of smoked fish, do not rush to throw them away. Cook a fragrant and rich lentil soup from them. It is not difficult and fast enough to prepare. The taste and aroma of the soup will not leave anyone indifferent! Dried basil gives the soup a special spicy note, the aroma of which is much brighter than that of fresh herbs. In addition, the soup is very healthy. Lentils are rich in protein, while salmon are rich in omega-3s. Plus, the fish helps maintain eye health and replaces antidepressants. Fish bones replenish the body with easily digestible calcium and strengthen the human skeletal system. The components of the dish replenish the body with amino acids and vitamins.
For the dish, you can use not only the ridge, but also the tail or trimmings with fins. I would like to note the simplicity of making the soup. All ingredients are available, and the recipe pleases with the speed of preparation and small material expenditures. At the same time, the dish is tender, satisfying, relatively light and well digestible. Anyone can make such a soup recipe at home.
See also how to make lentil soup with meatballs.
- Calorie content per 100 g - 209 kcal.
- Servings - 4
- Cooking time - 45 minutes
- Salmon ridges - 1 ridge
- Salt - 0.5 tsp or to taste
- Dried basil - 1 tsp
- Lentils - 150-200 g
- Allspice peas - 3 pcs.
- Ground black pepper - a pinch
- Bay leaf - 1 pc.
Step by step preparation of soup with lentils and smoked salmon ridges, recipe with photo:
1. Wash lentils well under running water.
2. Transfer it to a cooking pot.
3. Fill the lentils with drinking water and place them on the stove.
4. After boiling water, a foam forms on the surface of the broth, which should be removed with a slotted spoon.
5. Turn the heat on and continue to cook the lentils.
6. Cut off the meat from the spines of the salmon.
7. Cut the cut meat into medium-sized pieces.
8. Send the fish meat to the lentil pot.
9. Season the dish with salt and black pepper, add bay leaves and allspice peas.
10. After boiling water, cook the soup with lentils and smoked salmon ridges for 10-15 minutes. Add dried basil to the dish 5 minutes before cooking. Serve with croutons or croutons.
Note: This soup can be cooked differently. First, mast the fish ridges over low heat, covered. The longer you cook them, the richer the broth will be. Then clean the boiled fish of bones, and strain the broth through a sieve. Add lentils with chunks of fish meat to the broth and cook the soup until the bean is done.
See also the video recipe on how to make salmon ridge soup.